Which concert would you show to someone who isn't a fan (yet)?

Talk about Arashi's music and concerts. Album and concerts tracklists and song lists.

Moderator: Dyani

yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Which concert would you show to someone who isn't a fan (yet)?

Post by yruvian » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm

I've been thinking on this for a few days.

Next Wednesday someone is coming over to watch one of Arashi's concerts with me. I managed to get her interested that far at least. I've been thinking Digitalian or Japonism, but I'm open to any recommendations. I have to choose between the ones I have subtitled, so Popcorn is out. I think I have most of the others with English subs. I'm keeping my subbed versions even for the ones I have on DVD just for this kind of purposes.

Of course I want to convert her, but she's only vaguely interested so far. It's mostly curiosity, so she needs to feel that spark that will drop her into the abyss headfirst...
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Re: Which concert would you show to someone who isn't a fan (yet)?

Post by keioboylove » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Digitalian is the way to go, I think. It's got a straight forward theme and it's very pretty and colorful. It's very modern and has a great stage.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Digitalian was my first concert, so I would show that one to someone else for their first time. I think they'd appreciate the music and the graphics more than the others.
arashinki
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by arashinki » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:52 am

I would recommend The Digitalian and Japonism in Arena show. Those are my fav so far, the lighting, the songs the performance was amazing
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:52 pm

Thank you :). I think I'm going with Digitalian for the first time... and if I can get her hooked enough Japonism for a follow-up.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:47 pm

Digitalian did have an impressive stage~

Let us know how it goes!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:25 pm

How did she like the con you watched? :)
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:00 pm

She asked for more Japanese traditional, so I switched to Japonism after the first couple of songs. She definitely preferred that one, but we didn't finish the entire concert before she had to leave. At least she wants to do it again... and she's interested in watching some variety as well. So before she comes back I'm going to try make a list of my favourite episodes...

The part that got her most was the humour of the boys, so at least that got through XD. I also found out her English isn't that good, which may be a problem since I switch to English for most things Arashi related.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:44 pm

Hey, we might have a new fan coming in!

Which language does she speak mostly?
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Dutch... but I didn't expect her to be that bad in English since she's from my own generation. My brother and I often even speak English among each other when it's just us, so my Dutch is actually worse than my English lately XD. It's hard when you have to think on a word in your native language while it comes to you without a single issue in what's supposed to be your third (French being the second language over here).
deedlitmurata
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by deedlitmurata » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:13 pm

Hehehe, I didn't see this on time, but I usually do gatherings at my house, and invite people over who have some interest in Japanese concerts to be specific, so I remember the first time I introduced Arashi to this group of people, I decided to show them Japonism, and it had great success, in the group there were some skeptical guys, you know the kind that if they say they like a boyband, would feel they are not manly enough etc (typical Latin men behavior) but with Japonism, they were like, "oh that's a very Japanese traditional style.. oh.. yes its definitely good" hahahaha and the girls there all impressed, so I had success with Japonism because of the Japanese traditional style. Ohno's solo with the Oni at the beginning, was great success of course :D
ShirleyWade
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by ShirleyWade » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Mmm... This is quite a hard question...
I would show Arashi´s Blast in Hawaii, because I think it would be the concert that is the closest to us? I don´t know. But I intend to show my boyfriend the concert and let´s crosses fingers! I am slowly inserting him into the Arashian world hehehe
But I would also show him the Japonism concert.
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:29 pm

deedlitmurata wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:13 pm
Ohno's solo with the Oni at the beginning, was great success of course :D
That one was a definite hit with her too XD.

And my mother's the skeptical one, though she likes the shows well enough now that she's giving them a chance. She's just not into music... and her English is near non-existent so subs don't help much. She also doesn't have the slightest interest in anything Japanese, so she's a pretty hard nut to crack. Getting her to watch a show without a request to put on a 'regular DVD' is already quite a victory.
jinnieyuki
Johnny's Jr

Post by jinnieyuki » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:58 pm

My recommendation would be The Digitalian concert. I was really amazed on how Matsujun and the rest of the staff staged that concert. It's really awesome.
jeninesterz
Johnny's Jr

Post by jeninesterz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:59 am

Yeap, Definitely Digitalian I'd like to share, about my friend who was a fan before, but due to med school she was not able to find time in the fandom world for about 5 years already. When she had time to stop by my house, she saw me watching Digitalian concert, and she was stunned, and fell in love with the boys again. it's not only because of the boys but because of the technology as well.

Thank you Digitalian Concert!
solen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by solen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:47 am

I would go with The Digitalian. In fact, it's the first concert I saw and I wasn't trully a fan by then but it gave me a huge impression. It was very awesome and I think it help me to like more Arashi.
inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by inutrasha94 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:15 pm

TIME. It's my all time fav album, the solos are particularly spectacular and Sho's arms look so...... GOOD!

The whole album is just so fun to me and seeing them good around makes it a huge bonus for me. Also the mid break talk was excellent (they always are but again Sho-chan's arms).
mikachan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mikachan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Wow, that's hard.
It's either one of their Kokuritsu performances (5x10, Arafes) or Japonism / Are you happy. They are fun and visually impressive. Oh! I just remembered their 2014 Hawaii concert... that was more than awesome and had so much love, yeah probably that one...