What is your favourite Aiba drama?

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

What is your favourite Aiba drama?

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:42 pm

He may not be the strongest actor among the members but I think his acting is decent and (usually) his dramas are good. What is your favourite Aiba drama? Is there a drama you just couldn't finish? A drama you absolutely loved?
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Re: What is your favourite Aiba drama?

Post by jxhide » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:05 am

Honestly I have been slow to watch Aiba's drama. I watches Mukodono waaaaay back when and had no idea he was in a jpop group. I think my favorite would be Yokoso wagaya e. I liked the mystery part of it and I think Aiba fit the character well. :)

Anybody watch My Girl or Mikenko Holmes? What did you think? I started but never finished these.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:25 am

I liked Mikeneko Holmes. It's one of my favourite Aiba dramas. Matsuko Deluxe is kinda awesome :D

I never finished My Girl because that kid's voice annoyed me so much I just couldn't watch it. Too bad 'cause the story itself seemed good. I don't remember how many episodes I watched, though.

My favourite Aiba dramas are probably Mikeneko Holmes and Kizoku Tantei. I don't remember much about Youkoso, Wagaya e 'cause I watched it without subs :x
amnosbands
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by amnosbands » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:16 pm

If dramas during his junior days is included, I think Ppoi is one cute drama I liked.

But for favorite dramas, I guess now it's Yokoso wagaya e. For me, his acting definitely improved from that drama. :)
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:14 pm

jxhide wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:05 am
Anybody watch My Girl or Mikenko Holmes? What did you think? I started but never finished these.
I watched both of these! I agree that Matsuko Deluxe is a highlight to Mikeneko Holmes, lol. My Girl was one of the first Aiba dramas I watched, if not the very first, and I really loved it. It was a really sweet family drama and I think Aiba did really well. Definitely my favorite.

I just started Yokoso, Wagaya e recently but since I've only seen the 1st episode I can't comment on it. Kizoku Tantei was pretty good but it got a little predictable for me. I watched Bartender but tbh I can't remember anything about it except the fact that Aiba was in it. So maybe it wasn't good? Or just very very average. I don't think I have an Aiba drama that I hate, though! I always appreciate his acting, I feel like I can feel him putting his best effort into everything he does.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:06 am

My first Aiba drama was My Girl and I loved that one! Aiba's daughter stole my heart. Every episode she made me yell out "I want an Asian baby!", and I do. XD My favorite Aiba drama would be Yokoso Wagaya e. I loved the family in that drama with the added mystery and suspension. It was really good!
aibacha
Johnny's Jr

Post by aibacha » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 am

I actually really liked Last Hope, and I was surprised cause I didn't think I'd like a medical drama. Takumi-sensei's snack time is the cutest!

The start of Mikeneko was good, the middle was a bit ?? for me but the last two episodes were really solid, I thought.

I don't remember much about Bartender, but I remember enjoying watching it, lol. Though I found it strange that the characters kept switching between saying he's a genius! and he sucks! and I'm like "which is it?"
Darlium05
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Darlium05 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:07 am

My Girl and Bartender will remain my faves. Those dramas made me fall for Aiba, after all ^_^. Kizoku Tantei follows up since, well, Gozen-sama is just too sexy for my own good xDD
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:10 am

Hands down My Girl. It's such a good story as single fathers are something that are unheard of in Japan, so it really challenges the way people think about parenting. He did such a great job and I was on the verge of tears pretty much every episode (husband was too, but he won't admit it XD)
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by JudasFm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am

It used to be My Girl right up until the last episode. I just pretend that never happened ;)

Now it's got to be Yokoso Wagaya e
ShirleyWade
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by ShirleyWade » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:28 pm

My first Aiba's drama was Mukodono, I think and I liked it quite a lot, but he wasn´t the main character.
Then I saw My Girl and really liked it. The story is really beautiful.

However, my fav drama would be Youkoso because I liked the mystery and how the plot progressed, despite the ending which I didn't like.
I saw all episodes of Bartender but didn´t like it.

(I´m going to watch Mikeneko No Holmes!!)
spaask
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by spaask » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:26 am

My first Aiba-drama was My Girl, which I am happy about, because even though his acting skills aren't the strongest ones, he did have an amazing chemistry with Ishii-chan. Mikeneko Holmes I had a hard time finishing - mostly because I found it to predictable and Matsuko Deluxe was the only highlight for me. I also had a hard time finishing Last Hope, because I found the storyline too tangled or what to call it.

My favourite drama is Yokoso Wagaya e. That is where Aiba's acting comes out the best (in my opinion) and his character seems so natural to him instead of forced. And I like the mystery :)
KPinky
Johnny's Jr

Post by KPinky » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Personally I don‘t think that Aiba is a really good actor but I really enjoyed My Girl. The biggest reason might be that storyline was heart-warming and I loved that girl ❤️