other
7%

Total votes: 14
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

What is your favourite Jun solo?

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Just realised this topic was missing. What is your favourite Jun solo? What kinds of songs would you like him to sing?
I added I Want Somebody because he's the main vocalist.

I really like La Familia, I Want Somebody and Yabai-Yabai-Yabai. I ended up voting I Want Somebody. I wish Jun stopped singing songs that have (mainly) English lyrics. We Wanna Funk? OH MY...
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Re: What is your favourite Jun solo?

Post by Nightshadow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 am

I think Jun's solos are always somewhat unique, even if not for the best. Sometimes it works, like with Come Back To Me with that altered voice and the cyber kind of vibe. Sometimes just... no. Like with We Wanna Funk. It's weird from the song to the performance. But some are more plain, Don't You Love Me? and Baby Blue just seem to lack that element of surprise I guess, at least for me.

My favorite solo is Stay Gold. I love the melody that is even kind of dance-able, that Jun wrote part of the lyrics and I even like the performance. The other solos I really like are I Want Somebody, Yabai, Tell Me What You Wanna Be... but I generally like Jun's solos. Except Naked, Don't You Love Me? and Baby Blue because I find them boring, particularly Naked, and We Wanna Funk just because it surpassed the level of weirdness (?)

I would like him to sing more fun songs like Yabai, I think it suits him, and to do cool performances of them like the Come Back To Me in the Blast in Miyagi. Melody-wise, something simple works for him, since he doesn't have super vocals. Maybe that's why Stay Gold is my favorite.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:44 am

I voted for STAY GOLD, but I also really like Yabai, Dance in the Dark and Come Back to Me.
Darlium05
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Darlium05 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:55 am

I love MatsuJun but his song choices are not my faves... So the solos that I'm digging from him are STAY GOLD, Dance in the Dark, Baby blue and Don't you love me?. La Familia totally takes the cake!
Kitto09
Johnny's Jr

Post by Kitto09 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:50 pm

I brace myself for Jun's solos every year, and I honestly love them all (though I tend to scream to myself when first hearing things like We Wanna Funk). It's not technically "his" solo song but does anyone remember him doing "One more time One more chance"? It's one of my favorite songs and, even though I only have that concert quality of it, I love it. It's a pretty sad song to begin with but I always enjoyed how calm it sounds from him.

I wish he would do more slow ballads (?) like that and La Familia. It doesn't suit his concert energy levels at all, but I want it so bad haha
yupina
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yupina » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:49 am

I voted for Yabai but I also really like La Familia. I would like him to do more ballads like La Familia though it seems unlikely with most of his solos having that cyber tune to it.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:22 pm

Nightshadow wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:11 am
I think Jun's solos are always somewhat unique
I LOVE this about him though. Like, until Akatsuki and Bad Boy Ohno's solos got REALLY predictable. I feel like I never know what Jun is going to do next and that's my favorite thing about his solos.
I voted for Yabai, but I Want Somebody, We Wanna Funk, and Shake It are all really up contending for number 1. Jun's always doing something new and fun and I'm always about it, haha
spaask
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by spaask » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:28 pm

La Familia. It is such a sweet song about Arashi and I think it suits Jun's nasal voice :)
solen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by solen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:41 am

I voted Stay Gold, which was the first Jun's solo I ever heard... and somehow, for some month it was my favourite song in the digitalian album but it's change now. Among all Jun's solo I listened (I don't think I heard all of them) Stay gold is the big number 1. But recently, I have a soft pot for Dance in the dark. AndI really like the sons Yabai, Come back to me and Don't you love me.
mikachan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mikachan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:33 pm

That was a hard choice! Though his solos aren't usually my favs, some still make my eternal earworm list. I chose Baby Blue, but Don't you love me? (yes, Jun, I do love you very much!), Yabai yabai yabai or Shake it are quite dear to me as well. Baby Blue shows a gentler side and of course the performance including private photos is just touching.
ShirleyWade
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by ShirleyWade » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:37 am

I have voted Dance in the Dark, but I also like GOLD.
Jun´s solos aren´t my favourites but these both are the ones I like the most, specially the first.
I like the rythm and when I watched him singing it in the corresponding concert, I liked it more!