Your favourite Jun drama?

Moderator: Nightshadow

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Your favourite Jun drama?

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:03 pm

What is your favourite Jun drama?

I love 99.9 season 1 and I'm excited about season 2. Besides 99.9 I quite like Natsu no Koi wa Nijiiro ni Kagayaku. Overall, I only really dislike Hana Yori Dango. I've seen a plenty of jerk male characters in k-dramas but HYD takes assholeness to a whole new level :x Sorry HYD fans.

His drama SP Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru is underrated (or maybe people just haven't watched it 'cause there are no subs). Watch it if you haven't seen it yet, it's good!
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Re: Your favourite Jun drama?

Post by Nightshadow » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:25 am

My favorite Jun drama is Lucky Seven. My top 3 would include Natsuniij and Gokusen. I love Lucky Seven because it's mystery but it has comedy, the Nittaro bromance (or well, I call it that, the relationship between Shuntaro and Nitta), the action... and the fact that it does not have romance, something I really appreciate because even though Jun is my ichiban, I'm not so fond of romance. Natsuniji is so cute, I love the story and I love Umi and how Taiga gets along with her because he's also a kid. Gokusen is really fun, I actually watched it for the first time without knowing about Yankumi's family and I thought it was awesome.

As for drama SPs, I think my favorite would be Wagaya no Rekishi, if I don't count the Lucky Seven SP. There is something about seeing the nerdy and awkward character of Yame Yoshio even if he's not the main character. Acting-wise I would also say Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru, but this one hits my sensitive fiber, so I don't exactly watch it many times.

My favorite Jun movie so far is Hidamari no Kanojo. Kosuke is so adorable and this kind of story is something I like because I like the position Kosuke is after Mao's secret is unveiled. I don't know how to say it without spoilers. Acting-wise, I would say Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru. Pretty intense movie and not for everyone, but Jun's and Nana EIkura's performances are superb.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:46 pm

Hidamari no Kanojo is a great movie, I completely agree. A good, beautiful but also kinda sad.
nanunenino
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by nanunenino » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:34 pm

Kimi wa Petto.. Hahaha an odd choice for me, but I mostly just like how he looks in that drama.
Darlium05
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Darlium05 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:25 am

Dramas = Hana Yori Dango, NatsuNiji, Gokusen and Smile.
SP = Lucky Seven SP and Myu No Anyo Papa Ni Ageru.
Movies = Hidamari no Kanojo and Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru.
yumichan86
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by yumichan86 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:14 pm

My favorit dramas with Jun are HanaDan,Gokusen and Lucky seven and i also liked the Movie Myu No Anyo Papa Ni Ageru.
mikachan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mikachan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:31 pm

99.9% without doubt. Jun really nails the character, seems to have lots of fun doing it and shows imo his best performance to date. Also his bickering with Sada-sensei is priceless, Akai-san is a great sidekick and Eikura Nana is always a pleasure beside Jun :)
iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:03 pm
His drama SP Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru is underrated (or maybe people just haven't watched it 'cause there are no subs). Watch it if you haven't seen it yet, it's good!
I know I watched it a while back and am quite sure it had subs... :o Now I'm confused with myself...
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:29 am

mikachan wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:31 pm
iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:03 pm
I know I watched it a while back and am quite sure it had subs... :o Now I'm confused with myself...
I've only watched it with Spanish subs, from a community that is no longer around. There must be English subs, but I'm basing it on the fact that most Spanish subs come from an English version, not from solid fact. But I don't think it's a very popular SP, I haven't known many people who have seen it, so it's understandable that there are not that many subbed versions. It's like Bokura no Yuuki, many people don't even know it exists and it's an awesome dorama both for Jun and for Aiba, but is waaaay too hard to get.
claweddeath
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by claweddeath » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:35 pm

I got into the fandom because of Gokusen. Shin Sawada caught me good lols, therefore, Gokusen will always have a special place in my heart. So far, my favorite Jun dorama is SMILE, because it tackles real life issue that people around the world goes through. I think it is a risk that Jun took because it was far from the roles he had before that, and I guess that's how actors grow; by ging out of their comfort zone. SMILE has a heavy tone but it's eye-opening so I really loved that aspect.
I also like Shitsuren Chocolatier because the quality and cinematography(?) if that's what you call it, is very nice. [strike]also the amount of chocolates[/strike]

As for movie, I really loved Jun in the Pikanchi Trilogy. It's a breath of fresh air, to see him just let loose and such. :D