Jun-bait: are you one?

Moderator: Nightshadow

Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Jun-bait: are you one?

Post by Nightshadow » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:25 am

There are a lot of Arashi fans who got to know Arashi through MatsuJun. From those, a really high number of fans were baited through HanaDan. In real life, I have never met a fan in my city (or known of in my country) that wasn't Jun-baited into the fandom, through Domyoji.

So, are you
Jun-bait?

I was Jun-baited through a really weird process. I play and narrate RPG games and I was a narrator for a Changeling: The Lost chronicle that was to take place in Tokyo. The game is about humans that were kidnapped by fairies, taken to the fairy realm of Arcadia and changed through exposure to magic (mostly in bad or sad ways) into fairy-like beings called changelings. So one of the players had a tiger-human who had a small yakuza gang. I was looking through pictures of Japanese guys to fit the ideas I had for the gang members and I came across Jun's pictures from Bokuimo. I thought he was really handsome, and I don't like many Japanese guys, or Asian for that matter. That look was perfect for my character who was a kind of changeling called Wizened that are ones that go unnoticed, are smart, have a huge ability for building and repairing things and I wanted him to look really young. When we started playing, the player told me she knew Jun and told me he was in a boy band. I don't like boy bands so I wasn't that interested, and she put me a YouTube video of one of the performances for One Love, because of Jun's solos.

I hated it. I thought it was the cheesiest song I had ever heard (it had subtitles, so I understood the lyrics) and clearly Jun wasn't at all the quiet low-profile guy my character was. I left it at that, but my player passed me a download link for Bokuimo. I really thought Jun was an awesome actor, and even if it's a slow and taboo movie, I loved it. Nana Eikura was so lovely and I really appreciated Jun's ability to act through silence, posture and stares. I changed my mind about Jun, but not about Arashi, but this girl was not about to give up. Even though she's not an Arashi fan.

So she showed me the PV for Truth, and I thought that it was the most awesome Japanese song I had heard in my whole life! The day after she showed me the Believe PV and even though I don't like rap, I loved (and still love) the Sakurap. That got me interested again in Arashi and I later found the All The Best! CD and listened to it. That finally got me into the fandom even if I didn't like all the songs.
claweddeath
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re: Jun-bait: are you one?

Post by claweddeath » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:48 pm

I am. I still am. It was Sawada that got me into this fandom and I am forever grateful. I don't remember the first PV that I watched, but it surely did lead me here. I liked his tough exterior in Gokusen and HanaDan but at the same time, see his other side in variety shows. I could go on about how I was Jun-baited, but it will be very long. All I can say is, I've been a Jun fan since the beginning, and I still am. I doubt it will change :)