[DRAMA] Black Pean

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: [DRAMA] Black Pean

Post by iheartaiba » Wed May 16, 2018 12:06 pm

This drama is just getting better and better. I didn't quite expect that kind of ending for ep4.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Once I watch the subs, I'll understand more of what's happening. I got the gist of it, but I missed the important parts.
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Thu May 17, 2018 11:54 am

This has quickly turned into one of my favourite dramas ever... and we're only four episodes in.

It's actually the first one I ever tried before the subs are released (though I'm nowhere near able to understand most of what's being said <.<). I'm very happy subs for it come out as quickly as they do :).
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu May 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Yeah the fansubber is doing awesome job. Not only are the subs released super quickly, but they are also very nice quality.

I feel like punching Takashina every time I see him lol
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:58 pm

I actually feel kind of sorry for Takashina. He has such hope and faith in his little gadget and things aren't going as smoothly as he wanted.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri May 18, 2018 12:24 pm

True, he is obsessed with that tool. It's sad, really.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:40 pm

It is, but I can see him falling away from it little by little. I'm not sure how it's going to end.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Sun May 20, 2018 10:47 am

I can't wait to catch up oh man. I stopped watching after episode 2. I couldn't download the newer episodes because of a problem in our wifi. Hope I can catch up tonight.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu May 24, 2018 5:12 pm

Do you guys think Tokai needs that money he asks for certain something?
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:39 pm

I haven't thought of it. I think he just likes trolling doctors. He's kind of a sadist. Or maybe it's his way of getting rid of bad doctors.
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Sun May 27, 2018 11:50 am

I've wondered about that myself. Does he really need the extra money or does he just do it to make them leave?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun May 27, 2018 12:58 pm

It has caught my attention 'cause the scenes where he asks money and gets money aren't just short and random. The drama seems to emphasize them. But of course it may that I'm just reading too much into it.
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Tue May 29, 2018 11:05 am

This last episode made me think even more that he really needs the money for something. Maybe something to do with his father? An old debt?

Heck, he may be saving up for his own private hospital! At least it would have as many skillful doctors as their hospital at the moment <.<.

Really wanted to punch Takashina this time... and I really hope Sera realizes just how much Tokai has helped him improve soon.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:36 pm

Seriously, though. Takashina has a fetish with machines.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:58 pm

Dude needs a new hobby.

But, I'm interested in seeing what happens now that Takashina knows that Tokai doesn't trust Saeki, that he actually hates him for betraying his father.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:47 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:58 pm
Dude needs a new hobby.

But, I'm interested in seeing what happens now that Takashina knows that Tokai doesn't trust Saeki, that he actually hates him for betraying his father.
Same here. It will be interesting to see things turn on their heads. I do think there's going to be a plot twist or a deep secret revealed towards the end of the series.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:55 pm

Tokai and Nekota (Neko-chan) have an interesting relationship.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:04 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:55 pm
Tokai and Nekota (Neko-chan) have an interesting relationship.
Neko-chan is really annoying me. I used to like her in the first episode but my interest in her has gone down as the drama progresses. I'd rant more about why if you're willing to know about it, and it isn't because she's incorporated with Nino or the main character. I'll hold back unless you're really curious. XD
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Now I AM curious :D

I admit she isn't the kindest person, but I kinda admire how well she and Tokai work together. When they perform a surgery it really looks like Tokai trusts her.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:19 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:25 pm
Now I AM curious :D

I admit she isn't the kindest person, but I kinda admire how well she and Tokai work together. When they perform a surgery it really looks like Tokai trusts her.

What annoys me is that she doesn't seem to really have a place within the plot of the drama. Most characters react to the plot and seemingly try to work against it like it's some sort of force working against them. They won't let the fate take over them. You can see that with Sera and Hanabusa along with other side characters. The plot brings them something and they either work with it or try to work against it. Nekota is just kind of there. The plot almost seems to use her to drive the story forward. I don't see her take action much except to work for Tokai. I'm still waiting to see a big secret revealed to get why she likes working with Tokai and why he trusts her. Either she knows his back story, or maybe she doesn't really stand up for herself even though she comes out as cold and apathetic. She's supposed to be the female version of Tokai, but I don't see that in her. Just someone who looks like his copycat and shadow, which feels very flat.

She was more active in her first episode but as time went on, she got less and less screen time and the number of her lines decreased. I'm not sure why. Something else I've noticed is that she is not up with the cast in the picture of the show. Every sidekick, costar, and side character is up there, but she is not and it makes me ponder her real reason to be in the show. She is a small character. Unless the show redeems her in the end, I'm very disappointed with the lack of development for this character.