[KOUHAKU] What do you think about Nino as a presenter in Kouhaku?

Moderator: iheartaiba

jessica
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

[KOUHAKU] What do you think about Nino as a presenter in Kouhaku?

Post by jessica » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:06 pm

68th NHK Kouhaku Uta Gassen ~Let's Sing a Dream~|第68回NHK紅白歌合戦 ~夢を歌おう~
NHK Kōhaku Uta Gassen (NHK紅白歌合戦 Enueichikei Kōhaku Uta Gassen), more commonly known as simply Kōhaku, which official translation is "Year-end Song Festival",[1] is an annual music show on New Year's Eve produced by Japanese public broadcaster NHK and broadcast on television and radio, nationally and internationally by the NHK network and by some overseas (mainly cable) broadcasters who buy the program.
Literally "Red and White Song Battle", the program divides the most popular music artists of the year into competing teams of red and white. The "red" team or akagumi (赤組, 紅組) is composed of all female artists (or groups with female vocals), while the "white" team or shirogumi (白組) is all male (or groups with male vocals).
source : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C5%8Dhaku_Uta_Gassen and pic from https://twitter.com/___ars_n/status/947407407734386688

Nino was choosen as White Team Presenter for 2017 Kouhaku Uta Gassen (will be mentioned as Kouhaku from now on).
So, anyone watch the show? What do you think about his skill as the presenter there?
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Re: [KOUHAKU] What do you think about Nino as a presenter in Kouhaku?

Post by kantanaamaya » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:50 pm

I watched it!

It was a long show, so I watched it in pieces a couple days after it aired live. I've always liked Nino as a host, for things like Nino-san and such, but I don't know if he was best utilized here? He's very funny, but the female show host was pretty serious the whole time so I think he had to tone himself down a little at times. Which I didn't like, he's pretty much always more on the entertaining side than serious. But he did cover well if anyone ever misspoke or tried to start a segment to early, so overall I think he did well! Maybe on a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest) he was probably a solid 8!
pupilurker
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by pupilurker » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:54 am

I wasn't able to watch the whole show but around 70% of it. I think he did well ^__^ He has his own style of MC-ing but overall, I think he's good enough. He even let his bratty playful side to come out if needed. ^__^ Like what kantanaamaya-san said, I also prefer Nino's not so serious side when hosting.
spaask
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by spaask » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 pm

He did well. As Kantanaamaya wrote I would also say it was a solid 8 out of 10. I do prefer when it is the boys together and I fell the same last year with Aiba - but I am happy he brought the segment with Watanabe Naomi back.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:30 pm

I'm late, but I think he did well even though he is better when he can MC more freely.
kalix
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by kalix » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:15 pm

It was good it is not easy to manage a program with calculated times as is the Kohaku but he has shown great professionalism.