Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

[DRAMA] Black Pean

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Black Pean
ブラックペアン
Black Forceps

April 22, 2018 →

Seishiro Tokai (Kazunari Ninomiya) works as a surgeon at a university hospital. He possesses excellent technique with suture and carries a surgery success rate of 100%. Due to his arrogant attitude and personality, he comes into conflict with those around him.

A new doctor tries to introduce the latest medical device for surgery, which doesn't need a surgeon's hand. Seishiro Tokai is skeptical of the device. He faces the university hospital administration and reveals corruption and hidden past behind the medical device. -- AsianWiki

Who is watching this drama?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: [DRAMA] Black Pean

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Heads up: this drama is being subbed and ep1 English subs are already out.

I watched the first episode with subs. It was so good! Nino's acting is absolutely great. I don't know whether to like or dislike his character :D I'm quite interested in his relationship with Saeki (Uchino Seiyo). I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode!
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:35 pm

Where are these subs??
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:32 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:35 pm
Where are these subs??
They are released by tronella@lj, but if you download my encodings then here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=902
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:31 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:32 am
pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:35 pm
Where are these subs??
They are released by tronella@lj, but if you download my encodings then here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=902
Thanks! I found them after I posted here, so I should've kept looking instead of asking a weird question like a noob. I have yet to watch the subs, but I think I got the gist of the episode.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:41 pm

^ It's okay :)

We can't be the only ones watching this drama?!
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:16 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:41 pm
^ It's okay :)

We can't be the only ones watching this drama?!
I'm sure we aren't. Maybe the ones who do watch it are not on this forum or not posting anything.
arashinki
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by arashinki » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:59 pm

This drama is good. I Love Nino's character here, genius, lazy and loves money. I watched the raw version first and I almost scream in front of my laptop when I knew someone subbing this drama. Can't wait for next episode. Btw, Sera sensei is cute ^^
Dyani
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Dyani » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:31 am

I'm definitely intrigued, especially in whatever it is between Tokai and Saeki, and Tokai's ally (Nekota was her name?).
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Thu May 03, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm not a fan of medical dramas in general, but after finishing Last Hope I decided to give this one a chance too... because well... Nino XD. I've only seen the first episode so far, but I'm definitely looking forward to more.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Sat May 05, 2018 9:23 am

I'm still kind of lost in some of the parts. Like the relationship between Tokai and Saeki, Tokai and Nekota, and that x-ray Tokai always seems to look at at the end of the two episodes.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:36 pm

kazunari wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 9:23 am
I'm still kind of lost in some of the parts. Like the relationship between Tokai and Saeki, Tokai and Nekota, and that x-ray Tokai always seems to look at at the end of the two episodes.
I think the X-ray that Tokai keeps staring at is foreshadowing to some event that happened in the past and may be brought back up again. I like it when shows do that and they slowly reveal pieces to the puzzle. Same with Tokai's relationship with Saeki and Nekota. All of that will be revealed later. Or they could be really cruel and never mention it, thus leaving the viewers in agony with our theories.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Wed May 09, 2018 8:44 am

The X-Ray seems like it will cause something to happen in the next episode.

Never had a medical show where I wished episodes were released faster before... but after watching one of these, I just want to watch the next one already. It's rather difficult to find something else to watch after an episode too <.<.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed May 09, 2018 1:49 pm

This drama is so addictive. I'm glad the subs are released super fast :)

I'm curious about the story behind that x-ray. The way Tokai looks at it makes it feel like it's something that makes him really sad.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:40 pm

I have a theory about it that came to mind yesterday after watching the 3rd episode with subs. Sekai-sensei has been kind of hinting around that anyone can be saved as long as someone else takes credit for it. This example popped up during the new episode when Takashina was trying to write his paper and Sekai said his name needed to be bigger and bolder on the paper. Also, slightly hinting that he could take credit for someone else's work. It got me thinking as to why there are two doctors in this hospital, heck even the whole world apparently, who only know how to do the Sekai-method. At least, successfully anyway. Why two? How does Tokai know it? Was it taught to him? What was the reason? These were the things I was wondering as I watched the show, because Tokai does not come off as someone willing to learn from someone else. He's all about himself, mostly. Because Sekai keeps bringing up the point about taking someone else's credit, it lead me down this road of thoughts and ponderings. Has anyone noticed how Tokai sets the stage when he's in the operating room during a surgery? He's the one in charge. He dominates the room, even when there are other doctors around. He's only stepped aside a couple of times to teach Sera-kun how to gain his confidence. Also, when he's using the Sekai-method on a patient, notice he works. The method comes so natural to him. He is focused, but it becomes second-nature to him that he doesn't seem to concentrate so much. Unless the method was taught to him a long time ago, I don't think the attitude he has comes from being taught by someone else. I think the Sekai-method is really Tokai's method. He's the one who came up with it in the first place. He has a vast amount of knowledge about the human heart and how it works that he doesn't need charts or needs to read someone else's words about how to operate on it. He looks at it and does the judging for himself. However, the reason the method doesn't have his name on it could be due to that x-ray he keeps staring at. Something really bad happened in the past, like an accident or something. I'm not sure about putting Tokai on the blame for this, but those forceps did not end up in that person's body by accident. They must have been dropped during a surgery, or somebody accidentally closed a person and left them in. Those details may come later, but I'm thinking Sekai-sensei saved Tokai's career by covering it up somehow in exchange for Tokai's own method. I don't know if that all happened, but I really like the idea of the Sekai-method being Tokai's method in reality.

Also, a brief note, I did like Nekota-san in the first episode, but then afterwords she began to annoy me. She doesn't have a lot to offer for the plot of the episode, but I'm wondering if she was around when Tokai lost his name on his own method, which is why she is the way she is.

Anyway, I hope everyone likes my novel. XD I'm not betting on my theory, but it is something I'm keeping in mind and looking out for as I watch the series. Who knows? I could be completely wrong, so I'll have fun watching as the show proves me otherwise.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Thu May 10, 2018 3:35 am

Ahhhh that’s a good theory. I thought maybe his dad pioneered the Sekai-method. The attending physician was his dad and I can only imagine his dad was a great cardio surgeon and maybe Sekai-sensei, out of jealousy or whatever, intentionally sabotaged Tokai’s dad. And then after that maybe the patient’s family sued Tokai’s dad and then Tokai used that as a motivation to work hard and become a great surgeon and get back at Sekai-sensei.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:52 am

kazunari wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:35 am
Ahhhh that’s a good theory. I thought maybe his dad pioneered the Sekai-method. The attending physician was his dad and I can only imagine his dad was a great cardio surgeon and maybe Sekai-sensei, out of jealousy or whatever, intentionally sabotaged Tokai’s dad. And then after that maybe the patient’s family sued Tokai’s dad and then Tokai used that as a motivation to work hard and become a great surgeon and get back at Sekai-sensei.
That might be possible, too. I don't remember hearing about his dad, but it's possible I missed it.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri May 11, 2018 10:35 am

@pknumba1: I think your theory is quite plausible. Tokai really doesn't seem like someone who would like to be taught something by someone else so I wouldn't really be surprised if the Sekai method ended up being either his or his father's.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Fri May 11, 2018 4:29 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:52 am
That might be possible, too. I don't remember hearing about his dad, but it's possible I missed it.
When his mom called, she mentioned about his dad and Saeki-sensei being classmates or colleagues if I remember correctly.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:44 pm

kazunari wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 4:29 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:52 am
When his mom called, she mentioned about his dad and Saeki-sensei being classmates or colleagues if I remember correctly.
Ah, yes. That was such a big scene to me because we got to see a little bit of Tokai's background!