[DRAMA] Sekai Ichi Muzukashii Koi (2016)

Moderator: arashianelf

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

[DRAMA] Sekai Ichi Muzukashii Koi (2016)

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Sekai Ichi Muzukashii Koi

What do you think about this drama?

I didn't find the story that interesting and I didn't think our leading couple had much chemistry... However, I did like Ohno's acting. I read some people complaining that it was overacting, but I think that was the point. When I watched the drama I kept thinking about this one phrase from Psych: "Act natural." Did they? Never. Samejima was exactly like that :D SekaMuzu isn't my favourite Ohno drama, but I did enjoy subbing this drama.
rukayu
Johnny's Jr

Re: [DRAMA] Sekai Ichi Muzukashii Koi (2016)

Post by rukayu » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:54 pm

I have just finished this drama recently. Although the story is kind of... no story at all, just focus on Samejima's feelings in love, still Oh-chan's acting is way too interesting. He kept me following his emotions every episode, not skip even a minute despite this kind of drama is not my favorite.
At first glance, Samejima may be judged as overacting but I think he's really honest, quite of childish but the way he's learning to love someone is so warm, so adorable and he deserves to be loved. Last but not least, Mr.Ichimen's appearance was gorgeous!
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by jxhide » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:16 pm

At first it was hard to get into this drama imo. Ohno’s acting was a bit too exaggerated than what I expected. As I kept watching it, it seemed to fit his character. I really liked the last 2 episodes. Esp when he was in the animal costume. Lol. I’m oftenimpressed by how expressive some of his more subtle expressions can be too. 😊
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:52 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing him do another romcom, but the script needs to be better than this. SekaMuzu writing didn't make him and Haru seem like a couple :/
valiente
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by valiente » Wed May 23, 2018 6:20 pm

I watched the first episode and well..... while Ohno is my 2nd favorite Arashi member, and while I do love most of his dramas, this one broke the record. Sad to say, I couldn't finish the first episode.... Maybe it's the genre that doesn't appeal to me or maybe the script just needs work but I didn't quite enjoy this show which is kind of sad for me because I liked almost all (would have been all if not for this one) of Ohno's shows. He's a really amazing actor.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue May 29, 2018 1:32 pm

valiente wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:20 pm
I watched the first episode and well..... while Ohno is my 2nd favorite Arashi member, and while I do love most of his dramas, this one broke the record. Sad to say, I couldn't finish the first episode.... Maybe it's the genre that doesn't appeal to me or maybe the script just needs work but I didn't quite enjoy this show which is kind of sad for me because I liked almost all (would have been all if not for this one) of Ohno's shows. He's a really amazing actor.

Don't feel bad about it. I think SekaMuzu is one of those dramas that you either enjoy or you dislike. I think the script could have been better.
valiente
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by valiente » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:32 pm
valiente wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 6:20 pm

Don't feel bad about it. I think SekaMuzu is one of those dramas that you either enjoy or you dislike. I think the script could have been better.
True. I'm not sure though if they have the option to insert their own personalities into the script or if the script dictates their personality. But sometimes, I think they make Ohno act silly most of the time. Something like a clumsy, kinda lovable "idiot-not-really". While he is good, I do hope they give him another drama where he has a different personality.... maybe more serious or something. I think he's really talented and deserves a variety of roles (since he seems to be able to do them based on his different personalities: Maou, Uta no Oniisan, KageHeya). For now, it seems most of his roles make him do the silly acts which, while lovable and funny, do get old at times.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:26 am

valiente wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 pm
iheartaiba wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:32 pm

True. I'm not sure though if they have the option to insert their own personalities into the script or if the script dictates their personality. But sometimes, I think they make Ohno act silly most of the time. Something like a clumsy, kinda lovable "idiot-not-really". While he is good, I do hope they give him another drama where he has a different personality.... maybe more serious or something. I think he's really talented and deserves a variety of roles (since he seems to be able to do them based on his different personalities: Maou, Uta no Oniisan, KageHeya). For now, it seems most of his roles make him do the silly acts which, while lovable and funny, do get old at times.

I have to admit I did enjoy his overacting :D But it was mainly enjoyable only when I focused on him and not the other characters. I know overacting was supposed to make him look awkward, but the difference between him and the other characters was enormous. I wish Japan made romcoms similar to those in Korea (excluding noble idiocy) 'cause I think Ohno can do romcoms. I think he could give so much more if he could play a more serious character.

What I liked about SekaMuzu was Muraoki (Koike Eiko's character) :)
Nadeshiko
Johnny's Jr

Post by Nadeshiko » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 am

Just saw some clips of it on youtube
>_< oh i would love to watch it so bad. I love Ohno acting. He's super cute and adorable when it comes to romance :3 :heart:
I'm totally bum i can't watch it anywhere :tired:
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Nadeshiko wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:08 am
Just saw some clips of it on youtube
>_< oh i would love to watch it so bad. I love Ohno acting. He's super cute and adorable when it comes to romance :3 :heart:
I'm totally bum i can't watch it anywhere :tired:
Do you mean streaming? Downloads don't work for you?