Sho's Education

Moderator: mclam01

mclam01
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Sho's Education

Post by mclam01 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:35 am

Sho is really "Keio" boy, he started from kindergarden to university (one-chain system) in Japan.
His major: Economics and also studied English...he went to Korea for their graduation trip.

Smart guy!! :thumbsup:

Add: More info (original posted by Eri@old forum)~

Sho has been a "Keio Boy" all his life. In Japan, some universities have their own chain of schools from elementary till high school, and Keio is one of them. He started in Keio in kindergarten and pretty much stuck w/ the school system until university.

Other than studying his major, Economics, he has also been studying English for the longest time since Kindergarten. In one of his older Sho Beat radio shows, he even said that when How's It Going? album first came out, his English teacher announced and promoted the sale of the album to the entire class in front of Sho, and that made Sho felt rather embarrassed...

When he graduated, he and his buddies made their own soccer jerseys, and they also went to Korea for their graduation trip. Surprisingly, no one recognized Sho there while he was in public (considering there's so many Arashi fans in Korea)...
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: Sho's Education

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:23 pm

I think it's admirable that he got a university degree despite being very busy. I wonder when he actually had time to study.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:58 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:23 pm
I think it's admirable that he got a university degree despite being very busy. I wonder when he actually had time to study.
If I remember, he said he hardly slept during his college days because of acting, Arashi and studying. He would be busy all day with his jobs and then come home at nearly midnight and spend many hours into the night studying. He may have gone to an ivy league school, but I wonder if some of his grades suffered a little because of little sleep and working so much.

He actually sneaked in a script on himself during a scene from an episode of Kisarazu Cat's Eye. He kept it to read little parts of his lines at a time before the shooting and then would stuff it back into his jacket. It actually backfired on him because during the actual take the script slipped out of his jacket and nearly fell out but he caught it before it did, and the director OK'd it. So, you can see the script slipping in the episode and Sho catching it with this look of "uh-oh" on his poor little face.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:45 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:58 am
If I remember, he said he hardly slept during his college days because of acting, Arashi and studying. He would be busy all day with his jobs and then come home at nearly midnight and spend many hours into the night studying. He may have gone to an ivy league school, but I wonder if some of his grades suffered a little because of little sleep and working so much.

That must have been tough. When I studied my first degree I often worked from 10PM to 5.30AM and that meant after a few work days I was a zombie at school.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:43 am

I'm sure Sho felt the same way. He was reported to have dark circles under his eyes a lot of times when he had interviews but he still showed up with a smile on his face.