mclam01
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

[Drama] The Quiz Show 2

Post by mclam01 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:19 pm

Release Date: April 18 - June 20, 2009
Air time: Sat. 21:00-21:54

Synopsis:
Sakurai plays the host of a live TV quiz program. On the show, contestants who achieve 7 correct answers win 10 million yen, and those who get 8 correct answers will have one of their wishes granted by the TV network. But while the questions start off innocently enough, as the game progresses, the questions gradually delve into the contestants' past crimes or indiscretions, presenting them with the dilemma of having to confess their guilt in order to win. Sakurai's character also has a mysterious past. Before becoming the show's host, an accident had left him in a vegetative state for six years, which also resulted in him losing most of his memories. --Tokyograph

Cast:
Sho Sakurai - Satoru Kamiyama
Yu Yokoyama - Toshio Honda
Aya Matsuura - Takasugi
Miki Maya - Ryoko Saejima
Elena Mizusawa - Misaki Nitta
Eriko Moriwaki - Hitomi Urazawa

source credit: caorukay, Asianwiki
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: [Drama] The Quiz Show 2

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:31 pm

The Quiz Show 2 is probably my favourite Sho drama. It was so intense! Sho's acting was awesome and I think he played his character very well. I really liked how the story progressed. Yokoyama Yu was great in this drama too.
ShoKitten
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by ShoKitten » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:20 pm

I loved The Quiz Show 2. I think it was the first drama I watched, and I totally watched it for Sho initially but I ended up loving the whole plot and concept of it from the first episode. The acting was fantastic, not just by Sho but also Yoko as you mentioned. It was just a very good drama in and of itself, imo.
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by JudasFm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:01 am

Sho is my go-to Arashi member when it comes to drama. I love everything he's in and since he often plays rather dark characters (Kazoku Game, The Quiz Show) it matches my tastes perfectly. The Quiz Show 2 is one of my favorite dramas in general, not just Arashi-related ;) I'm not a fan of Kanjani8, but Yokoyama and Sho both hit their roles out of the park :D
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 pm

I love this drama! Similar to JudasFm, I was only watching it for Sho, but it was so good I got hooked. I even considered trying to watch the original after, haha.

I like Kanjani, but in so much of what I saw Yokoyama acting in around that time (Quiz Show, Hidarime Tantei Eye) I really hated his character so I just feel like I hate him as a person lol. But I think that means he acts really well if I can't separate that out. XD
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:47 pm

kantanaamaya wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 pm
I like Kanjani, but in so much of what I saw Yokoyama acting in around that time (Quiz Show, Hidarime Tantei Eye) I really hated his character so I just feel like I hate him as a person lol. But I think that means he acts really well if I can't separate that out. XD
:D
That really shows his acting is good. I think he is a quite solid actor.
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re:

Post by JudasFm » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:13 pm

kantanaamaya wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:02 pm
I love this drama! Similar to JudasFm, I was only watching it for Sho, but it was so good I got hooked. I even considered trying to watch the original after, haha.
Season 1 isn't bad but the original actor isn't as good as Sho. Sho's the main MC for just about everything Arashi-related so this is a perfect role for him. The other actor was good but his performance wasn't quite as polished.
TefaZepp
Johnny's Jr

Post by TefaZepp » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:00 am

Shos's Kamiyama is so good, his faces are so superior, his antics and all, he was so damaged that at the end I dont know if his freedom was the answer.