What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:47 pm

What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching? Anything good or did you just drop a drama?

I'm trying to watch k-dramas I'm Not a Robot (haven't started it yet) and Jugglers (I've seen the first two episodes). I'm also re-watching The Mentalist and finally watching the 3rd season of Sailor Moon Crystal.
jheili
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re: What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Post by jheili » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm watching the Korean series 'The Return of Superman'. It's interesting to see how kids think, how they interact with their dad, and how their dads take care of them alone. My favorite kid right now is Lee Sian, soccer player Lee Donggok's youngest.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:36 pm

I just finished watching SakiBoku. I'll miss looking forward to that show every week, but it had a good ending. I was happy with the way things tied together. I'm also watching Miniami-kun no Kobito. It's a happy and light-hearted drama with Nino from the early 2000s. I like watching those sorts of dramas every now and then. It makes me feel less stressed out. However, it's not interesting me much, but that's okay. I do plan on finishing it. I'm waiting for season 2 of 99.9, but in the meantime I need to find another drama. I don't know if I'm ready for 1 Liter of Tears. I might have feelings. Who has seen Nodame Cantabile? How is it?
tobefree0714
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by tobefree0714 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:10 am

I just finished SakiBoku and started watching the Jdrama Erased on Netflix and so far I am really liking it. Waiting for the new round of Jdramas to start in January and I have several that I will be watching.
Kazumicchi
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Kazumicchi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:28 am

I just finished SakiBoku, and recently watched Season 2 Of Good Morning Call on Netflix. I’m currently waiting for season 2 of 99.9 in January, so in the mean time I’ll probably be rewatching a bunch of old Arashi dramas hehe
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:23 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:36 pm
Who has seen Nodame Cantabile? How is it?
Nodame is really funny and cute. If that's your thing, you'll love it. Also if you have any classical music training/ listen and know composers then you'll appreciate it even more (it's not necessary, though). Overall one of my favorite stories :)

Currently watching South Park with the husband. He hasn't seen most of it and I'm one of those sick people that find it funny, haha.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Oh man I’m watching so many tv shows right now. But the current ones I’m watching are Brooklyn99, Fresh Off The Boat, and Broad City.

jheili wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:32 pm
I'm watching the Korean series 'The Return of Superman'. It's interesting to see how kids think, how they interact with their dad, and how their dads take care of them alone. My favorite kid right now is Lee Sian, soccer player Lee Donggok's youngest.
I used to watch TROS. I loved the triplets and Soda siblings. When soda sibs left, I also had no more time to watch full episodes of the show. I wish they can come back for a special episodes. Their time was too short 😭
Last edited by kazunari on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:53 pm

jheili wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:32 pm
I used to watch TROS. I loved the triplets and Soda siblings. When soda sibs left, I also had no more time to watch full episodes of the show. I wish they can come back for a special episodes. Their time was too short 😭
Last edited by kazunari on Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
venelse
Johnny's Jr

Post by venelse » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:25 pm

Just finished watching SakiBoku and am looking forward to 99.9% season 2 next year! When there isn't much dramas to watch, I'll usually turn my gear back to anime. Sorry but beside arashi, I can't live without anime too LOL~
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by jxhide » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Just finished Yokoso Wagaya E. Was better then I expected. Starting Kizoku Tantei. Hope Riida has a Dorama in 2018 😊
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:35 pm

kazunari wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:52 pm
Oh man I’m watching so many tv shows right now. But the current ones I’m watching are Brooklyn99, Fresh Off The Boat, and Broad City.
Is Brooklyn99 good? I hear it's really funny and I like Andy Samberg a lot.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:28 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:23 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Nodame is really funny and cute. If that's your thing, you'll love it. Also if you have any classical music training/ listen and know composers then you'll appreciate it even more (it's not necessary, though). Overall one of my favorite stories :)

Currently watching South Park with the husband. He hasn't seen most of it and I'm one of those sick people that find it funny, haha.
Great! That one will be my next drama then. :D I have a music major, so I took a lot of music theory, classical music classes and piano proficiency. I had no idea there was music in the drama!
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:54 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:28 pm
keioboylove wrote:
pknumba1 wrote:

Great! That one will be my next drama then. :D I have a music major, so I took a lot of music theory, classical music classes and piano proficiency. I had no idea there was music in the drama!
Music major?! Oooooo girllll you gonna love this drama!!! Especially if you were pianist because that's what Nodame is!
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:06 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:54 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:28 pm
keioboylove wrote:

Music major?! Oooooo girllll you gonna love this drama!!! Especially if you were pianist because that's what Nodame is!
Oh, sweet!! I'm excited for this drama now! :D
blublackqueen
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by blublackqueen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 pm

I have started watching the Chinese drama called Delicious Destiny. It has Mike D'Angelo and Mao Xiao Tong as the lead actors. So far it is pretty interesting, but then again I am only two episodes in.
imsakura
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by imsakura » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:25 am

I'm watching lots of dramas this season.

Done with Doctor X 5 featured Yonekura Ryoko, not yet done with SakiBoku and Juuyo Sankounin Tantei featuring Koyama (NEWS) and Tamamori Yuta (Kisumai)

I am into jdrama since few years back.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 am

I'm gonna give Ima kara Anata wo Kyouhaku Shimasu a try, but I will first wait that at least half of the episodes are subbed. I tend to marathon things if I like them.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:06 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:35 pm
kazunari wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:52 pm
Is Brooklyn99 good? I hear it's really funny and I like Andy Samberg a lot.
It is! I put off watching it for so long since I really don't like police shows but it's so funny and so good. :)
mmestrange
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mmestrange » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:29 pm

I enjoyed Nodame Cantabile when it aired - both the drama and anime versions. The present crop of Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese and Korean period dramas don't interest me,

Currently, I'm watching:
- Star Trek Discovery (on hiatus until January) - it relaxes me
- Elementary (will be back some time in 2018) - I watch it more for the human drama than anything else
- various BBC, Sky and ITV shows, both Christmas and non-Christmas ones.
- Nigella Lawson's At My table (cooking show) - I'm a fan of hers

So far, I've seen the 3 special 20th anniversary episodes of The League of Gentlemen, as I like dark humour. And I am waiting for the other British dramas soon to come such as McMafia, Little Women, season II of Delicious and so on.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:46 am

I'm gonna give The Bletchley Circle a try. I like British dramas and this one is short since there are only two seasons.