What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Re: What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Post by Nightshadow » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:13 pm

I'm watching the second season of The Man in the High Castle. It's getting farther and farther from the book, but it's still interesting.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:25 pm

I sort of started Love Death and Robots. I'm not usually into the intensity of the type of show that it is, but the storytelling is new and interesting to me. Plus, the writing and the animation is really well done. I've been putting off starting it because of the maturity rating on the violence and sex scenes, but I also watch Outlander and West World, so I should be okay.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Anime: Dororo, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Fruits Basket (the new version)
K-drama: The Banker, Doctor Prisoner
C-drama: She Is Beautiful
J-drama: 3-nen A-gumi/Mr. Hiiragi's Homeroom
Non-Asian: Vera (random episodes)
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Mon May 20, 2019 10:52 am

Nankyoku Tairiki, though at a very leisurely pace. This one's too heavy for me to watch more than one episodes in a day. I've been checking out SMAP since Killing for the Prosecution... even though I'm well aware they disbanded years ago.

I also recently finished Yasashii Jikan.... in less than two days. That one was a lot harder to set aside. I cried every single episode though... and I think it may have become my second favourite Nino drama. Black Pean's still number one.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Tue May 21, 2019 12:03 am

I just finished watching Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu a couple days ago. I did not know how cute this drama was, like OMG it was cute! I love this show. I started it mostly because of Yui Aragacki, but I soon grew to love Gen Hoshino. He is an adorable man. XD I'm almost done with Flower Boy Ramen Shop, and I'm a little annoyed at it. There were a couple times when I almost dropped the show, but then I saw some more episodes that kind of redeemed it for me. Maybe because I don't like one of the couple's dynamics. I don't mean chemistry, I mean dynamics.

As for non-Asian shows, I'm watching season 6 of The 100, and I picked up my hiatus from Grey's Anatomy. I was soon reminded why I went on the hiatus in the first place. The drama can be a bit too much for me and I don't care for it. I also picked up Kim's Convenience Store. That's a fun little show about a Korean family who owns a convenience store in Canada. I think it's very charming.

Pretty soon I will be starting Goblin and Aishite tatte, Himitsu wa Aru. When does Jun's drama start? It's pretty soon, isn't it?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue May 21, 2019 4:11 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:03 am
When does Jun's drama start? It's pretty soon, isn't it?
Do you mean Eien no Nispa? That one airs on July 15th, but it's "just" a SP.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:09 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:11 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:03 am
When does Jun's drama start? It's pretty soon, isn't it?
Do you mean Eien no Nispa? That one airs on July 15th, but it's "just" a SP.
Oh, okay. I was thinking it was a drama. mydramalist.com has it listed as a drama, or maybe someone has the wrong info.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Sat May 25, 2019 12:51 am

Fleabag. Couldn't resist a hot priest. Bit of a bummer that the second series is the last, but I hope to see Andrew Scott in June and cannot wait to see what Phoebe Waller-Bridge comes up with next.
Stulti
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Stulti » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:06 pm

just rewatching House M.D. and it really makes my a hypochondriac.
also started Good Omens and some old shows that sadly only got one season like "Traveler" (Aaron Stanford and Matt Boomer :heart: ) and "The Inside", which is weird because it seems like a hyprid between criminal minds and Gone, but it is from 2005, always makes me question how many original ideas are out there. also rewatch penny dreadful, because i still haven't seen the last two episodes (just didn't want it to end and now I forgot most of the story :| so have to rewatch to see the last episodes) and finally season 3 of Outlander (I'm so behind).

and for just in the background friends (I still have a crush on chandler I think he was my first tv crush XD :heart: )
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:12 pm

Grey's Anatomy, Arrow, The Flash, Outlander, and The 100.

Asian dramas: Goblin and My Lover's Secret.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 pm

Finally finished Chernobyl.

Have just started the Chinese drama Ashes of Love to see what the hype is about since I've been avoiding it for a year.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:15 pm

<.<

The original Star Trek, MacGyver and Miami Vice series. My brother felt like rewatching them and I'm joining him.

Also watching Korean drama Suspicious Partner on Netflix in between. According to reviews it's only good at the beginning, but I'm only a few episodes in.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:04 pm

forror wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 pm
Finally finished Chernobyl.
I just finished it on Monday :)
I watched it with my sister even though she had already seen it. I like watching documentaries and drama series based on true events with someone else 'cause I wanna discuss at the same time.

I'm currently watching:
- anime: Dororo (I like the story but omg the animation is getting worse and worse. It's like they used all their money for the first couple of episodes...), Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (too many filler episodes), Fruits Basket (new version), Revolutionary Girl Utena (it's been over 15 years since I last saw it).

- k-drama: Shady Mom-in-Law, A Place in the Sun (It airs Mon-Fri just like Shady Mom-in-Law. Both have makjang elements, ridiculous characters and plot twists, interesting story, characters you can root and hate... Love it!), Perfume (I don't even know why 'cause this drama seems to like to promote fat shaming, abuse and whatnot. I guess I'm mostly curious to see what happens to Jae-Hee's and her daughter's relationship. And I'm always happy to see Shin Sung-Rok in a lead role although his character is a true piece of shit.)

- non-Asian: Bosch S5, Mr. Robot S1
blublackqueen
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by blublackqueen » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:55 pm

I watched the Gokusen series, all three seasons again. I absolutely love Nakama Yukie as an actress.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:39 pm

- k-drama: Shady Mom-in-Law, A Place in the Sun, Doctor Detective (it's so good!)

- anime: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (=DanMachi) S2

- other: Amazing Race Canada S7
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:53 am

J-drama: Hero. I'm watching it for the second time, starting season 2 today. Minami-kun no Koibito (the version without Nino... though it makes me want to rewatch his instead).
K-drama: Suspicious Partner, Black Knight
Anime: Seven Deadly Sins (still haven't finished it), Bleach.