Totally Random Talk Thread

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:33 pm

I have spent hours and hours here just to get this new place opened before I go to hospital today.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:17 am

What are you going to the hospital for?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:49 am

I had a first rib removal surgery on Monday. Monday and Tuesday were awful. Yesterday I wasn't in much pain but I got nauseated every time I smelled food. I should be allowed to leave today. Hopefully! This hospital bed is killing my back + I can't eat much 'cause everything is either too salty or tastes like nothing (that's glutein free food for you... :/).
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:06 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:49 am
I had a first rib removal surgery on Monday.
Oh God that sounds painful. I hope you heal very fast!!

It's my last day off before Christmas. Hopefully I can make the most of it~
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Ngl, it was worse than I thought it would be. It can take up to 5 weeks before the surgical wound heals and then easily over a year before I can say whether the surgery actually helped or not. I have nerve problems and nerves heal so slooowly. But, at least the worst should be behind now :) I can manage this pain I have now.

How are you guys going to spend Christmas (if you celebrate it)? I'm home alone :D I'm probably going to watch nature documentaries, tokusatsu and Home Alone 1 or 2. That's pretty much how I've spent my Christmas since forever. I know some people think it's sad that I'm alone but I actually really enjoy it. Being with my family would just drive me nuts.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:58 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:25 pm

How are you guys going to spend Christmas (if you celebrate it)? I'm home alone :D I'm probably going to watch nature documentaries, tokusatsu and Home Alone 1 or 2. That's pretty much how I've spent my Christmas since forever. I know some people think it's sad that I'm alone but I actually really enjoy it. Being with my family would just drive me nuts.

Honestly, my dream. I would be spending Christmas with my family. I just want to spend it doing nothing, I don’t want to stress on Christmas thinking about what food to eat and at what time do we cook so they’ll be ready when the clock strikes 12
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:55 pm

^ I prefer being alone precisely because I don't get all the fuss and stress.

I do buy Christmas presents for my nieces and a nephew, my youngest sibling and sometimes for my second youngest sister (this year I didn't 'cause she stayed at my place almost a week and I paid all the food and public transport), but I don't think I have to buy anything. I may buy so-called Christmas foods (like gingerbread, ham and gravlax) but I don't have to buy any of them. And I definitely won't bake or make something myself because I don't like baking or cooking. I love Christmas feeling, songs, lights.. But I definitely don't stress over Christmas.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:59 pm

I'm working on Christmas Day, which is the first time ever for me. It won't be so bad since I work 1st shift and I'll only be there from 7am-1pm. I plan on going to my parent's house right from work, but I think I need to pick up my brother first, so I'd have to go a different direction. We're all trying to get together mostly to see The Last Jedi. That's how we're spending our Christmas.
mmestrange
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mmestrange » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:58 pm

I usually make things as gifts - bottles of chutney, embroidered hankerchiefs, cross-stitch ornaments and so on. However, this year I only sent cards to close friends and family members will just get kisses on the cheek because money is tight owing to my being in and out of hospital this year, and because work has been slow due to many of my clients retiring and think tanks closing down/no longer publishing..
sandreen
Johnny's Jr

Post by sandreen » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:04 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:59 pm
We're all trying to get together mostly to see The Last Jedi. That's how we're spending our Christmas.
Oh wow! That sounds like fun! Reminds me of how my family watched Train to Busan during New Year's Eve. XD That was certainly an interesting New Year for us. :P

This year we're gonna do what we usually do and have a big family reunion tomorrow, and then mostly pig out on Christmas day. We haven't bought any food yet for Christmas Eve though, so we're definitely pushing it. :x We're also doing some renovations on our house and there's dust everywhere. Idk how we'll get it all clean in time for tomorrow. ^^;
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:39 pm

It's been snowing all day. I love it! Last Christmas it was raining and we had no snow. It didn't even feel like Christmas... (I'm from Finland so I'm used to having snow in winter.)
sandreen
Johnny's Jr

Post by sandreen » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:52 pm

Just dropping by to say Merry Christmas everyone! :)
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Merry Christmas!

I think most of my neighbours are away 'cause it's been very quiet since yesterday. If only it was like this every day.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:35 pm

My neighbors had kids over for the weekend so I heard a lot of stomping, running, pounding and screaming. I'm at my parents' house now so I don't have to suffer through that anymore.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:06 pm

I've been so tired today 'cause I couldn't go to bed in time. When I was shutting down my laptop I got errors after errors and it wouldn't shut down. Thankfully I was able to fix it and I didn't lose any files (but a good thing I regularly take back-up copies). But fixing it took forever.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:28 am

I was kinda in the same situation. I recently bought a new laptop and had to update the OS because it’s outdated. It was so buggy I had to force restart my laptop like a dozen of times. And that means I have to download the updates all over again 🙄
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:44 am

^ Installing a bunch of updates can be pain in the butt. My sister asked why I don't just reset my laptop. That would be the very last option. I have so many video editing software and tools it'd take forever to install all of them again.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:22 pm

My computer asks me a lot when I want it to update, but the trouble is that it can take so long. I never turn off my laptop. Only make it hibernate or sleep.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:10 am

Never? Wow. I turn off my laptop always when I'm not using it.
ShoKitten
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by ShoKitten » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:38 pm

I turn off my laptop maybe once a week, if it's lucky... I should really... not treat it this way... but when I'm not using it, I usually have a bunch of stuff/tabs/projects/videos open, and I also use it as my alarm clock because my medication is very strong and sometimes I sleep through my phone.