Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:43 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:44 am
You can't make any noise while working out in the gym? That's quite strict! What kind of standards are they upholding? And if there's no deadlifting, what do they use for weights?
Apparently they think customers find it intimidating if someone makes noise when they exercise. I don't like unnecessary yelling and moaning but c'mon. Puffing and grunting just happen when one exercises. And apparently Planet Fitness doesn't really have free weights (some said their PF gyms have only light dumbbells). It's pretty much all about machines.

I'm currently looking for a new place to live 'cause my neighbours are driving me nuts. There are quite a few apartments available, but I have moved many times so this time I want a place that checks everything from my list.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:43 pm

I'm currently looking for a new place to live 'cause my neighbours are driving me nuts. There are quite a few apartments available, but I have moved many times so this time I want a place that checks everything from my list.
Good luck on finding a new place! I've had moving in my brain too, but not because my neighbors are obnoxious (though they aren't angels either), but I might be considering a job transfer or a career change. I'm giving it a few months to consider.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:29 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 pm
I've had moving in my brain too, but not because my neighbors are obnoxious (though they aren't angels either), but I might be considering a job transfer or a career change. I'm giving it a few months to consider.
Lots of opportunity here in KZOO!! ;)
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi guys! I haven't been in this thread in a while.

I tried going to the gym with my brother, he had a subscription where you could bring someone 4 times a month, and even if they say they weren't judgemental, some people were weird. I admit I do stare, since the running treadmills are just in front of the weigh lifting area and some dudes there are... well. I hate these men that only work out arms and abs and then have this skinny spaghetti legs and look hideous. XD I'm not exactly fit, so some people kept staring at me and I was like: why the hell do you think I'm here, jerk? -_- And then I cannot lift that much weight because I have some damage after a surgery I had (it just happened, and I really don't care because I'm alive and that was more important), but the gym guys look at you as if you were a weakling. It's so annoying. I would like to exercise more and I do like the idea of working out in a gym, but the social aspect sucks. I've been trying to work out a bit on my own and I've been going to a dance group/class/something and it's nice.

I have never moved, it seems like it really is annoying to pack everything, but I honestly also find it exciting.

Man, I just had a haircut and there are tiny hairs everywhere, even in my laptop's screen -_-U
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 am

keioboylove wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:29 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:58 pm
I've had moving in my brain too, but not because my neighbors are obnoxious (though they aren't angels either), but I might be considering a job transfer or a career change. I'm giving it a few months to consider.
You just want me nearby so you'd have a real person to fangirl over Arashi with other than your husband. XD Kzoo does look like a nice place to live. I was also considering GR because they are in high demand of CNAs, plus they pay pretty good too.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:06 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 am
keioboylove wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:29 pm

You just want me nearby so you'd have a real person to fangirl over Arashi with other than your husband. XD Kzoo does look like a nice place to live. I was also considering GR because they are in high demand of CNAs, plus they pay pretty good too.
Wouldn't it be great?! GR isn't really that far away from here either. About 45 minutes. I would definitely make you hang out with me if you moved within that radius. XD
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:05 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:06 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 am

Wouldn't it be great?! GR isn't really that far away from here either. About 45 minutes. I would definitely make you hang out with me if you moved within that radius. XD
Awesome! GR and Kzoo both have a lot of fun stuff to do, but I'd choose GR. My mom grew up there, so I'm familiar with the city. Plus, it has 2 Barnes & Noble stores. One is even two stories. XD
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:18 pm

It looks like I cannot afford to move right now. Moving, double rent (having two apartments at the same time for a month) and deposit would be around 2000€... :( This really sucks 'cause I'm about to have a nervous breakdown because of those fcking assholes that live two apartments away from me + the shitty couple that lives above me.

@Nightshadow: I have moved 12 times if I counted right... Way too many times. I hate unpacking stuff.

Edit April 25:
The building manager replied my complaint today and said they will give that dumbass who lives two apartments from me a warning. I talked to those kids (I think they are something like ~20 or so) on Thursday and they apologised and all that yet the next night they made so much noise I was about to cry. But I was too tired to get up and go talk to them. The next day, when they started to make noise again I went and shouted at them to shut the f up already. They haven't made any noise since then (Sat-Sun night). I also talked to my neighbour, the one who lives between me and those troublemakers, and she promised to contact the building manager too. It's always better when more than one tenant complains.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:36 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:18 pm
It's always better when more than one tenant complains.
I hope things will start getting settled, then! You're right, landlords really do start to pay more attention when multiple complaints come in. Maybe even better-the awful neighbors will move! It'd suck if you felt like you had to move again if you've already moved 12 times..

My landlord is coming by to show our apartment tonight, when we only told her yesterday that we won't be renewing our lease! I think she particularly wants us gone, though... She tried to pull some illegal stuff that we knew she couldn't enforce and told her as such lol.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:20 am

Aibakaland is 12 already?? How did that happen? I feel like I just joined and we were celebrating 10 years. How did we turn 12? I missed that one.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:50 am

kantanaamaya wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:36 pm
I hope things will start getting settled, then! You're right, landlords really do start to pay more attention when multiple complaints come in. Maybe even better-the awful neighbors will move! It'd suck if you felt like you had to move again if you've already moved 12 times..

My landlord is coming by to show our apartment tonight, when we only told her yesterday that we won't be renewing our lease! I think she particularly wants us gone, though... She tried to pull some illegal stuff that we knew she couldn't enforce and told her as such lol.

It looks like things are getting better. There has been no noise at night. Actually, they haven't even made noise during the daytime (they are a group of barely adults who hang around a lot in one dude's apartment and they like to spend time on a deck and that's where all the noise comes from). I hope it continues to be like this.

Whoa, your landlord surely doesn't waste any time...

pknumba1 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:20 am
Aibakaland is 12 already?? How did that happen? I feel like I just joined and we were celebrating 10 years. How did we turn 12? I missed that one.

Haha :D
Time flies~
But still, 12 years. Damn. That's a lot.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:50 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:50 am
pknumba1 wrote:

Haha :D
Time flies~
But still, 12 years. Damn. That's a lot.
That second year seemed to pass by in a flash. I'm already into my 3rd year as an Arashian. I wish I could remember the date a little better, but it was sometime between April-June of 2015. Man...
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:20 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:50 am

Whoa, your landlord surely doesn't waste any time...
She really doesn't, haha.
pknumba1 wrote:
Right, that's incredible! :heart: I haven't been part of this community very long but I'm so very happy it has persisted an amazing 12 years! :D
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:18 pm

I'm glad Jeffer and others kept the place running when I was away for a quite a long time. I think without them this place would have died.

Off-topic, but I saw coltsfoots today! It's the first wild flower that grows here in spring.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:10 pm

@Haru: 12 times!!!!! Wow O_O I hope things get better now, some people can't behave unless someone shouts at them. -_- The flowers are gorgeous. Around here we have jacaranda trees blooming purple flowers. And they are beautiful, but then they fall and stick everywhere. My faculty has a couple of cherry trees and they are also blooming, but they are really young so they are too small.

@Kantanaamaya: this is the second time I hear of a landlord behaving like that. This happened to the owner of the shop my dad worked in, so he had to close.

I've been in Aibakaland I think since 2009, I think, and still, time flies. I found the community through a video of One, the one where they show the highlights of the concert.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Tue May 01, 2018 3:43 pm

I had to look up that flower & tree and just...wow! They're both so beautiful! Even though it is the first of May, we're just now getting to our "April showers" and have lots of rain.

I had a final round interview recently and waiting to hear back is making me super nervous! I asked when they thought they would be contacting people and they just said "we'll let you know". T-T I hate that lol. What does everyone do to de-stress??
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed May 02, 2018 8:00 pm

kantanaamaya wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:43 pm
I had a final round interview recently and waiting to hear back is making me super nervous! I asked when they thought they would be contacting people and they just said "we'll let you know". T-T I hate that lol. What does everyone do to de-stress??
I hope you get good news! And soon!

Hmm... what do I do to de-stress... Go for a walk? That, and I watch something that is easy to watch. Like renovation reality TV shows or funny anime.

My youngest sis is currently visiting me. We've had a great time so far!
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Thu May 03, 2018 12:15 am

kantanaamaya wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:43 pm
What does everyone do to de-stress??
Hope it comes back with good news!!!!

What works for me is video games. Preferably ones I can attack/kill things in like Kingdom Hearts. I also watch Arashi concerts and jump around my living room as my husband laughs at me. Those are my top stress-relievers XD
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Thu May 03, 2018 7:44 am

Hi guys! It's been so long since I was last here.

I was going to wait until the end of Black Pean so I can watch it all in one go but here I am...... watching the first episode.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu May 03, 2018 8:53 am

kazunari wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 7:44 am
Hi guys! It's been so long since I was last here.

I was going to wait until the end of Black Pean so I can watch it all in one go but here I am...... watching the first episode.

Hiya! :)
It's such a great drama! So far I love it.