Totally Random Talk Thread

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by pknumba1 » Sun May 20, 2018 2:30 am

I got a blutooth speaker as a gift during a Christmas party at work. I really like it and mostly use it to play music while I'm in the shower.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Sun May 20, 2018 10:46 am

Thank you iheartaiba, Nightshadow, and pknumba1! I've whined here quite a few times as well, that was kinda embarrassing XD I have a 9-hour shift which is fine honestly but the commute is making me wish I didn't have a 9-hour shift.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:20 am

Glad you found a job at least! :D
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed May 23, 2018 8:35 pm

kazunari wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:46 am
I have a 9-hour shift which is fine honestly but the commute is making me wish I didn't have a 9-hour shift.
How long does it take you to get to work?

Today I had my first session with my new therapist. I had met her once before, but for whatever reason I was still quite nervous. This hasn't happened before, but I guess it may be because this therapy is more intense than anything before (it's psychotherapy) and I'm actually paying for it, even if not 100%. Anyway, even though it was a slightly cooler today (still 20-something °C) her office was HOT. It's an old building and it doesn't have air conditioning. Must be fun to work there on hotter days...
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Wed May 23, 2018 11:50 pm

I don't mind long travels, as long as I don't have to switch transportation many times. It takes an hour and a half for me to go to the doctor but it's just one bus, so I'm cool with that. To get to my college, on the contrary, I could take the subway and change 2 times, or take the college bus and another bus, and it only takes from 45 minutes to an hour. The waking up early part would be the worse for me, how is it for you Kazu?

Haru, I hope your therapy went well, despite the heat. For me, 20°C is quite alright and in my city air conditioning is not that popular.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu May 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Nightshadow wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:50 pm
I don't mind long travels, as long as I don't have to switch transportation many times. It takes an hour and a half for me to go to the doctor but it's just one bus, so I'm cool with that. To get to my college, on the contrary, I could take the subway and change 2 times, or take the college bus and another bus, and it only takes from 45 minutes to an hour. The waking up early part would be the worse for me, how is it for you Kazu?
I cannot imagine switching buses or trains numerous times in one trip just to make it to work or class. I guess that comes from living in a small town or going to a small school. The farthest I've had to travel to school was maybe an hour and only because I took the school bus in the mornings and I was one of the first people on the route.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu May 24, 2018 5:20 pm

I grew up in a small town and I lived close to the centre of it so I just biked everywhere (school, work) and I don't think it ever took me more than max. 20 min to get where I needed to go. For one of my jobs in this city I had to switch buses once, but it still took me less than an hour to get to work. Maybe 40 min or something. I think that's pretty much max. I wanna travel because of work.

My dad has always driven to his work and that's like a total of 150km of driving in a workday. He has done that many years and I still can't understand how and why... I know there are people who drive or travel even longer. I couldn't.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu May 24, 2018 6:36 pm

I've always commuted about 20-30 minutes to work with my past jobs. I don't know how that worked out. I even moved to be closer to my job, and then I ended getting a new job that was about 25 minutes away. I've heard that's the norm though. Most people drive about 20-30 minutes into work every day.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri May 25, 2018 1:58 pm

It's getting hot here again. Well, hot for me. It's sunny and around 25°C. But the good thing is you can go for a walk in the evening when it's cooler but you can still wear shorts and t-shirt :) I read that it might get close to 30°C next week. Not cool.

My hair is making me cry. It's wavy and unruly, and straightening doesn't help for a long period of time. I booked an appointment for keratin hair straightening treatment for next Friday and I'm so looking forward to it!
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:51 pm

It's gotten hot here, too. All weekend it's supposed to be in the upper 70s to mid 80s (20s to 30s C), which is nice because it's Memorial Day weekend. I'm staying the night at my parent's house again, and I saw a very long line of cars heading the opposite way on the freeway. Man, a lot of people are going north, and with their campers! I also saw a lot of boats on trailers. Memorial Day is kind of like the kick-off to the summer, and it certainly feels that way with the temperature!
iheartaiba wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 1:58 pm

My hair is making me cry. It's wavy and unruly, and straightening doesn't help for a long period of time. I booked an appointment for keratin hair straightening treatment for next Friday and I'm so looking forward to it!
There's this thing in Japan called permanent hair straightening, where you can get a perm but it straightens your hair. You could go into a salon, get it done and not have to do anything to your hair for months. Your hair will grow back after a few months with the waves and the moisture, but you can get those new parts of your hair done. I can link a video for you if you're interested!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat May 26, 2018 8:59 am

^ I actually read about that when I was googling what to do with my hair :D The bad thing about permanent hair straightening is that the chemicals are strong and they can actually do quite a lot of damage for your hair. The good thing, of course, is that the result lasts long. Keratin hair straightening lasts around three months, but besides making hair straight it also makes it shiny. I may consider permanent hair straightening when my hair is longer (now it only touches my shoulders).

I hope you have a great time at your parents'!

Looks like tinypic is having problems again. The server has been down on several days this month. Sucks 'cause all my pics are there (like TV guide and daily pics).
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Tue May 29, 2018 11:46 pm

I live in a huge city that is constantly reminding you that time is relative. A trip to my college would take 15-20 minutes by car, but 45 to an hour on public transportation. I can't ride a bike because my city is only now starting to become bike friendly but it's being done sooo badly that now pedestrians are having it harder and harder to walk on the sidewalk and take a bus. On top of it, bikers ride on the sidewalk, against the traffic flow, and then get angry when people shout at them. It's a mess, and it's getting worse. Buses drive terribly, I would have wanted to be able to ride a bike to school. Oh and then people get paid on the 15th and the 30th, and so two Fridays a month, all hell breaks lose. I once spent nearly 2 hours and a half to get home from college, double the norm, just 'cause it was one of those two Fridays. X_X

My dad only drives on Sundays now, he found that taking the subway to work was best, since it was easier and faster. So it depends on the transport you take, the day of the month and the changes you have to make, it a real nightmare. :tired:

We hit 32ºC today, I'm melting! :crying: I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt and I'm still melting. T-T I somehow find it weird to wear shorts and sandals to college, but if it gets hotter, I'm going to stop caring and just do it. Dx
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:44 pm

It's my birthday! I had my hair straightened! My hair is so smooth now~

But because school year ends tomorrow (or apparently today for some...) some asshats in this building are blasting music... I already shouted at them once. I guess I have to go check which apartment it is 'cause there's no way in hell I'm going to listen to that.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:15 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:44 pm

But because school year ends tomorrow (or apparently today for some...) some asshats in this building are blasting music... I already shouted at them once. I guess I have to go check which apartment it is 'cause there's no way in hell I'm going to listen to that.
Happy birthday! What a good way to be reminded that you're a cranky old woman when you yell at kids for playing their music too loud. XD
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:15 am
iheartaiba wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:44 pm

Happy birthday! What a good way to be reminded that you're a cranky old woman when you yell at kids for playing their music too loud. XD

No lies detected ;)
Also I just realised I already dress like an old woman lol But comfort >>> style.

I did figure out where that noise was coming from so I went to complain. I was able to have a nice birthday after that :)
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:17 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 am
pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:15 am

No lies detected ;)
Also I just realised I already dress like an old woman lol But comfort >>> style.

I did figure out where that noise was coming from so I went to complain. I was able to have a nice birthday after that :)

Glad you could relax after that one!
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:43 pm

Happy birthday, Haru! I had my birthday recently too, and I've been the one with the loud music XD
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:51 am

Nightshadow wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:43 pm
Happy birthday, Haru! I had my birthday recently too, and I've been the one with the loud music XD

Those asshats were two storeys above me - though not directly above my apartment. I'm surprised no-one else complained.

Today will be the last hot day for a while. Tomorrow it should get much colder, somewhere around 10-15°C. Enjoy your summer vacation, kids haha I'm just waiting for it to rain. This pollen isn't fun, and it's been weeks since it last rained.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:16 pm

It rained around here, too in the last few days and it really cooled down. Almost doesn't feel like summer anymore, but it hasn't technically started. There are some high school graduations that haven't even happened yet.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:18 am

Thanks, Haru ^_^

Well I've been praying to the Aztec god of rain for some rain (no, not really), but still no luck. Today it has looked as if it will rain for a few hours but still no rain. I want rain too, it's so hot I can barely sleep at night T-T