Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

What have you done today?

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:36 pm

How was your day? What did you do?

I didn't sleep much last night 'cause the hospital bed was all kinds of awful. I used my mobile, took a nap, used my mobile... No blood tests or x-ray this morning so I just waited till my surgeon and a nurse checked up on me. I was finally able to eat a little bit, didn't feel nauseated. I don't expect to get gourmet food in the hospital but the kind of food we get here in Finland is just awful (trust me, I've stayed in hospital more than enough). I was finally allowed to leave before midday.

I decided to take a bus instead of a taxi 'cause I'm cheap like that. Maybe not the best idea but I did manage to walk back home. I walked maybe 600-700m in total but the walk from the bus stop to home was all kinds of hell 'cause I still have a small pneumothorax + I live at the top of a hill. After getting home I took a shower, did the laundry and finally called my dad. I didn't allow anyone to call me when I was in the hospital. Since then I have just posted to Aibakaland.

Now I'm tired so I will go read Donald Duck and hopefully take a nap.
venelse
Johnny's Jr

Re: What have you done today?

Post by venelse » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:30 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:36 pm
How was your day? What did you do?
Now I'm tired so I will go read Donald Duck and hopefully take a nap.
Oh my, I really hope that you can get well soon and have plenty of rest please. Do not worry so much about the forum.
As for me, it was a day of tears and sorrow because a korean idol that I know passed away by committing suicide.. Depression really is a scary thing..
But I told myself that he is in a better place right now and went back watching Arashi ni Shiyagare and yes it totally lifted my spirits up by watching them :)
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:18 pm

venelse wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:30 pm
As for me, it was a day of tears and sorrow because a korean idol that I know passed away by committing suicide.. Depression really is a scary thing..
But I told myself that he is in a better place right now and went back watching Arashi ni Shiyagare and yes it totally lifted my spirits up by watching them :)
I had to check Omona because of your post and omg... I can't even find words right now... :(
blublackqueen
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by blublackqueen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:16 pm

venelse wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:30 pm

I totally understand your sorrow. I found out about his passing while I was in the middle of class. I had to get up and leave because I was crying so much. It really hurts to lose someone as kind as he was, but at least he is no longer in pain. You are right, depression is not something to take lightly, especially clinical depression. It is chronic and never completely goes away. You just have good days and bad days. Hopefully there are more good than bad days. I just hope that his family and his members can think about him in the future without being in pain.

Today was my first day of my vacation from school. I had an interview yesterday for my school's nursing program. It was with the head of the RN (registered nurse) department. According to her, I am in the program which starts on January 22. So I am looking forward to that. Today, I slept in because it has been a long and emotional week. Then I got up and gave my dog a bath, which she loves. Unless you try to wash her face, and then she is like a little child. "I don't want my face washed." After that I got online to look at the news and do some downloading. Today is a pretty lazy day. Tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping and bake a few goodies for my family.
mmestrange
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mmestrange » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:38 pm

I went for a medical checkup. The medical rounds take up much of December and January for me annually. I went window shopping after that, just to soak in the Christmas lights. Some exercise in the form of yoga was done, some cleaning, finish reading a novel and starting another, checked on my mother's left thumb (which was stitched up a few days ago), wrote a thank you note to someone who sent me Turkish delight (the real thing, not the one covered in chocolate).
blublackqueen
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by blublackqueen » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:23 pm

Today, I was finally able to the baking for Christmas. It took four hours to bake all the muffins. I was just too tired to do the cake today. So that is will be tomorrow's adventure. Some of the muffins I made from ready-made packs, all I had to do was add the eggs, water, and vegetable oil. Then there was the spice muffins that I made from scratch. Sixteen steps and an hour later, I finally got them into the oven. I don't mind making things from scratch but when the steps get complicated, I tend to not make them as often. I have to get all the baking done by tomorrow since my dad will need the oven for the turkey on Christmas. Luckily, I have all I need so I do not have to go to the store. Grocery stores are absolutely crazy right now. Then again so are all stores at this point. People trying to get their last minute Christmas shopping done. I am glad I am not out in that. Now I am just relax and listening to music.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:19 pm

This morning I had to go to work, so I got up early, but luckily I was only scheduled for a few hours and then I went to the Christmas Eve service at my church. That was really nice. I needed a break from work. I feel like I live there. Later tonight will be the candle light service. That should be really nice, too.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:05 pm

I played Tales of Berseria while waiting for the laundry to be done. Then I went for a short walk (very short - not even 1km) and played PoGo. Got back home, played Tales of Berseria again :D Then checked the forums, uploaded files and had a simple Christmas dinner. After that I watched the first season of The Bletchley Circle (only three episodes). Now I'm watching the first episode of the second season. Then I'm gonna play PS4 again and after that I will watch The Mentalist before going to bed.

I would have liked to spend more time outdoors but I get so exhausted from walking just little so I try to take it easy. Sucks 'cause we had a very beautiful winter day today.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:12 am

I went to work this morning. Was it this morning? It sure doesn't feel like it at this point. Well, I did and I wish I didn't because temperatures have been below zero almost every day, and it's making it hard for me to breathe whenever I go outside. I take one step and immediately start choking because the air is so cold, there is hardly any oxygen for me to breathe in. The sub zero temperatures can go away any time. I'm surprised my car hasn't died on me yet, or my furnace. My car did make a new noise at me this morning when I tried to start it. It was like this groan that seemed to say, "Oh, noooo why are we getting up now? It's freezing out here!". I've never heard that noise before. Luckily my car did start. A lot of people at my work had trouble getting to work because their batteries died. I shouldn't hold out because who knows how long this cold weather is going to last and my car could just say, "screw it!" and not start.

I'm also kind of sick today. I have a head cold thing going on. My nose isn't running, but my throat is pretty sore and dry. No thanks to all this super cold and dry winter air. It's also messing with my head and my sinuses. I've been taking vitamins and medicine to treat it, but nothing has happened yet. I also took an hour nap today which is probably why I don't really remember being at work earlier.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:59 pm

It's my day off today, so mostly I've just been playing Skyrim and right now I'm watching the Popcorn DVD.
Have to work at 4 a.m. tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to it.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:18 pm

I've still got a sore throat from my trip to Iceland and have a hugeee craving for nectarines right now, though I know I should stave off the fruits for a while. Went to the Christmas market today and got myself a steak baguette, and the lady decided to stuff two large pieces of steak in it...
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:30 pm

I had a bad night 'cause my right side hurts like hell. Got up at 11AM. Then I played Tales of Berseria until a friend came over. We chatted for over three hours. Then I walked her to the bus stop and played PoGo a little bit. Got back home and started my forum tasks. I had a dinner just a while ago. Next I'm gonna play some more or watch Run All Night. Later in the evening I'm going to read and watch The Mentalist.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:48 pm

My partner (whom I live with) had his father and father's girlfriend come visit right after Christmas. They just left yesterday and I'm so tired!! It's hard to balance being yourself but also trying to impress people. So my partner is playing the new South Park video game today, and I just started a load of laundry. I'll probably watch some anime and play on my phone. I just need time to unwind and do me for a bit!
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:03 pm

I woke up early this morning to knock out my cleaning job, and then went back to my place to pack and then drive out to my parents' house for the weekend. My dad and I went to the store to pick up some things for my mom because she's also sick. Apparently we both have the same thing. Now, I'm watching BBT and posting here.
mjunkuns
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mjunkuns » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:16 pm

Still awake at 6AM can't believe 2017 ended it was an intense rollercoaster ride but I can't wait for 2018 to offer :D
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:57 pm

I've been bored today.

First thing in the morning I did the laundry. Then I played PS4, checked Aibakaland, knitted, watched Mannequin 5 SPs, checked Aibakaland, played PS4... Now I'm gonna knit some more. Last time I knitted in Nov, feels great to do it again! I just have to take it easy so that my arm won't get any more painful.

After knitting I'm gonna read a little bit.
nowh3r3
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by nowh3r3 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:07 pm

Today I made vegetarian sushi. It was delicious but so much work and mess. I don't really like cooking.. xD
But I didn't do anything special for the new years, so I thought I should at least make some good food for myself today, haha.
Then I watched Johnny's Countdown and some VS Arashi.

Happy new year everyone!
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:11 am

Went to work, came home, took a nap... Then I played Skyrim for like 4 hours. Hate that I get so addicted to this game. This is like my third play through haha
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:45 am

I put away our Christmas decorations today. I managed to get a cute Charlie Brown Christmas musical display on clearance a few days after Christmas, so I was sad to have to take it down so quickly, but I'll get to use it again next year. The holiday season seemed to go by so quickly this year, it was a little disappointing.
I also cleaned up my art supplies from my frantic session of making my bullet journal ready for 2018. Then I heated some leftover fried rice for dinner.
mae_ai
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mae_ai » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:58 am

I sat at home and did karaoke on Joysound for about 2 hrs by myself, of course most of it was Arashi songs, then played video games (Ark/League) all day with friends. It was a very uneventful New Years Day but I wouldn't have it any other way. haha.