What have you done today?

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: What have you done today?

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:57 pm

I've been busy today. So busy that after the breakfast around 9AM the next time I ate around 3.30PM...

So I got up, paid bills (always fun...) and then did some eBay shopping. I needed to buy Korean cosmetics. Then I went to do grocery shopping but the store close to my home didn't have much fish or veggies :/ Got back home and then soon went to the library. From the library I took a bus to another store in my area. I'd have liked to buy pike-perch but jfc it was expensive (40€/kg!!). I ended up buying "just" perch. When I got back home I finally had my afternoon coffee. Then I cleaned the apartment, took a shower, did the laundry and cooked the dinner. I played Tales of Berseria and just had to buy more costumes lol Then I went to buy ice cream :D Finally, I did some knitting. Now I'm checking the interwebs and after that I will probably read before going to bed.
ShoKitten
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by ShoKitten » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:00 pm

^ Knitting is fun!

My best friend had to go to A&E with some pretty serious-looking symptoms so I accompanied her there, then went back home and packed for my flight, which is tomorrow morning. I look forward to seeing some friends and family, and my country of course. But it will be weird.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:23 pm

Went to lunch with my husband and a few of our coworkers, then some of them came over and we played Cards Against Humanity for a couple of hours. Now my husband is napping so we can have dinner later and I'm playing Skyrim (again lol). Thinking pizza for dinner :)
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:13 pm

I knitted while having a breakfast. Then I travelled all around the city trying to find a birthday present for my niece. I was also looking for some clothes for my other niece. No clothes, but after three days of hunting I finally find the present.

When I got back home I played Tales of Berseria (surprise!) and had coffee. Then I got so tired I had to rest for a moment. Now I'm trying to download some files from baidu but JDownloader is crap and always effs up big files when I've downloaded several GBs already and then I have to start again... I've been waiting for mkv releases of Arashi "New Year's" SPs but there is nothing available - no VSA, Shiyagare, Tsubo... Ts files are 8.3-14.3GB :/ Fun to download when dl speed is max. 100KB/s (when it's not night here).
blublackqueen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by blublackqueen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Today I woke up to wind and snow. I got up, bundled up and took my dog outside. She loves to play in the snow, so I let here for a couple of minutes. After she did her business and played around, we went back inside. I worked on my second project for my class. It is not due until the 17th but I have some things coming up outside of school, that will make it hard to work on it outside of school. So I am almost done with that. Just two more sections to finish. After that I went to hangout with my family for a little while, before seeing my uncle off to the airport. He is returning home after spending two months with us. Karra, my puppy, is going to miss him greatly. But he will come visit again, some time during the summer. After that I went home to take a nap because I had a headache and am not allowed to take any medicine. I have a surgery planned next week, nothing too major, but this not being able to take any pain medicine is killing me. After my nap, I got on my computer to check the news, youtube, and various sites. Right now I am looking at the list of 2018 Winter anime that is getting ready to come out this month. I will make dinner later on and probably take my dog out in the snow one more time before calling it a day.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:43 am

I got up and went to work this morning, but I probably should not have gone because I've been really sick for the past week. I have a bad cold and my symptoms keep changing. Now I'm dealing with congestion, a really bad cough, and my left ear is plugged up. Tomorrow I have a day off so I'm definitely getting more sleep then because that's all I did today. It's also the first time I've been online in a couple days so I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm downloading the new year specials for AniShi and vsa right now, so if I'm feeling up to it, I'll watch those tomorrow.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:14 pm

I finished knitting my socks, then my doctor called just before I was about to go out. After the phone call I took the bus to the city centre. I had an appointment at beauty salon. The treatment was awesome and made my skin look so much brighter (and cleaner and softer) than before :heart: Then I went to buy my meds and got back home. I cleaned my apartment, gave my hair oil treatment, took a shower, did the laundry... I checked Aibakaland and had my dinner, and after that I knitted my new project while watching home reno TV shows. Next I'm going to read a little. I'm tired so today I'm gonna go to bed early.
nanunenino
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by nanunenino » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Finally registered myself at aibakaland's new website. Other than that, taking care of my 6 months old baby, he's a cutie patootie <3
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:04 am

It's my day off so I went out and bought a car. Lol! Today was interesting and a little stressful. I needed to buy a new one anyway since my last one wasn't being very reliable anymore. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that again. Hopefully this one will last longer than the last two I've had.
blublackqueen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by blublackqueen » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Since it has been a little bit since I posted, it will be more of a what I've done this week, rather than just today. I took a quiz for my anatomy class on Monday. Then on Tuesday, I had surgery. Found out that the surgery wasn't able to completely take care of the problem. So now I have to move onto a more aggressive treatment, which includes shots for six months, take make you feel horrible. But oh well, the things you do to get better. Wednesday, I did absolutely nothing but take my pain medicine and sleep. Thursday was the worst day of all. The pain was so bad I couldn't move. Even lifting my arms, even a little, was enough to make me cry. That gas they used during surgery, sure did make my muscles and bones angry. So I took as much medication as I could and tried to sleep the entire day.

Luckily, Friday was a little better. I was finally able to move again. Which is good, because I had class on Wednesday, but since I couldn't go, I missed an exam. The makeup exam was on Friday. So I went to school, just to take the test. The test was on the computer, and had to be open by the teacher. She was supposed to open it for me prior to the time I was supposed to take it. Well, she didn't and she was nowhere to be found that day. So my adviser, and the head of the IT department at my school had to figure out a way to open the test for me. An hour later, after sitting in a very uncomfortable chair, they finally got a hold of my teacher and she opened the exam. Luckily, it only took me 20 minutes to complete it, because I was in lots of pain by that point. I even managed to get an A on the test, which is great. Once I finished that, I went home and went to bed. Today, my muscles and bones are feeling better, but my incision sites and the place they worked on, hurts a lot. My doctor said recovery is anywhere from 2 to 7 days. Well it is definitely not 2 days. Usually it only takes me 4 days to snap back, but it is looking more like 7 days this time. I had to go to my school today. They were having an open house. I had to go to get fitted for my scrubs. I am starting my registered nursing program on the 22nd of this month. I had to take some anatomy classes before I got into the program. I had been waiting to see if I got into the program, but today, the head of the RN program, my adviser, and the head of admissions, all told me that I was in the program and congratulated me for doing everything I needed to do. So I am excited about that. I just finished there and got home. Now I am relaxing. I got online for the first time since Monday. After I check everything, I am going to go lay back down and rest. Hopefully, tomorrow I will feel even better.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:28 pm

blublackqueen wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:05 pm
Found out that the surgery wasn't able to completely take care of the problem. So now I have to move onto a more aggressive treatment, which includes shots for six months, take make you feel horrible.
Sounds awful. And despite all that you still take good care of your studies!

I had troubles getting up. But I thought I have to get up, I have to go out. I went to the library. I have troubles concentrating so I though maybe a book of short stories would be better than a novel. I should have eaten breakfast before going... My stomach hurt like hell (it was afternoon btw) when I took the bus back. I played PoGo while I was away from home. The 10km egg disappointed yet again. Before coming home I did grocery shopping. At home I cleaned the washing machine and cooked yukgaejang (Korean spicy beef stew). Then I played Tales of Berseria for several hours. I'm trying to check all new posts now before watching anime Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:23 am

I got up and went to work, found out at the last minute that I was passing meds to people on a floor that I've never been on before because someone called in at the last minute(I hate when that happens!!), but things calmed down as the day went by and my boss did help me. I was in this mode of trying hard not to panic even though I felt things were going up in flames just because I was so behind because I was way out of my comfort zone. But luckily things pulled through and I soon thought, "Hey yeah, I could handle this. I don't want to be back passing meds on this floor again anytime soon, but I can definitely do this.". After work I tried going to the bank to cash my check. When I got there, the parking lot was completely empty and I thought, "What? It's closed?" and then I remembered ooooohhhhhh today is Martin Luther King Day. All of the coperate offices are closed today. So I'll have to cash my check tomorrow. :/ When I got home I did laundry, while watching and catching up with a couple of my shows, made and had dinner, and then went to my little cleaning job, came home, had a shower and now I'm doing this. :)
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:58 pm

I woke up and played Skyrim for a little while. Then my husband and I cleaned our bedroom. Now I'm doing laundry and translating a little while he plays video games. :)
jheili
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by jheili » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:26 pm

Nothing much, just the usual day of waking up late and watching videos. The only extra thing I did today was buying groceries and cooking pork kimchi. XD
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Woke up and played Age of Empires with my Husband and friend for a few hours. Was getting ready to go see my mother-in-law and my glasses fell off of my face and the frame broke. So now I'm wearing a 7 year old perscription until my optometrist can see me. Luckily it isn't too different from my current. I don't/can't wear contacts so hopefully I can get in soon~
Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by Mura_Kaze » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:06 pm

Bed rest all day, because cold T_T And re-watching again Dororon Enma-kun all series XD
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:01 pm

Knitting, knitting, knitting... while watching cross-country skiing/biathlon/speed skating. Two video game sessions. And now it's time for some anime. Oh and I actually did cook a dinner today.

I (still) feel so lethargic...
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Today is the last day of my vacation, but all I've really done is laze around and watch Hulu. From now I'm going to play Skyrim until dinner time, I think.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:12 pm

I went to work, had a long day, came back home and ate a sandwich while watching an episode of Ouroboros. I'm rewatching for the 3rd time not because of Toma or Shun, but for Juri Uneo this time! I was so impressed by her performance in Nodame Cantable that I had to see her again in Ouroboros. I never knew she was such a versatile actor! Then I finished the book I was reading, and sort of started my next one. After that I tried downloading another jdrama, but the files are so huge that my computer froze several times trying to save the second episode, so I gave up. I'l try again tomorrow.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:24 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:12 pm
I'm rewatching for the 3rd time not because of Toma or Shun, but for Juri Uneo this time! I was so impressed by her performance in Nodame Cantable ... I never knew she was such a versatile actor!
If you want your mind blown again you should watch Last Friends. She's in it and I didn't realize when I watched Nodame that she had been in Last Friends. She's probably my favorite Japanese actress.

I ended up just playing video games for a little while then watched more TV after dinner XD