What have you done today?

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Re: What have you done today?

Post by Mura_Kaze » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:24 am

Grooming my cat this evening. He fell to rice field mud beside my house XD His face when his body full with mud "What happen to me?!*surprised face*". It makes my day :D
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Went to breakfast with my husband and his family. Then I came home and played Skyrim for a bit (Big surprise, I know lol). Translated Winter days which was fun. Then I ran for like 30 minutes. Now I'm watching Friends and trying to decide the next song to translate~
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Finally changed the shower head in my bathroom today. It's my first time doing that sort of thing, usually my dad would do it for me. I had a video call with him, so he walked me through it, and I'm glad I managed to get it changed and it works great with no leaks at all!
Then we ordered pizza and I'm waiting on that now.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:43 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:24 am
If you want your mind blown again you should watch Last Friends. She's in it and I didn't realize when I watched Nodame that she had been in Last Friends. She's probably my favorite Japanese actress.
I'm actually watching that right now! I'm on the 2nd episode and I'm sure I will venture out to find more dramas with her. :)
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:51 pm

I woke up before 9AM. Not that early, except that I fell asleep around 4AM... Have been even more tired today. I did the laundry first thing in the morning. Then I played Tales of Berseria while waiting an encoding process to finish so that I could start a new one before going back to bed. Then I took a nap. Twice, I think. I knitted a little bit while, again, waiting an encoding process to finish. Now I'm finally done with 99.9 ep2. Took 13 hours to encode all three versions :x

I'm still tired and it's only 5PM. And now I crave chocolate but it's -20C out there and since I haven't really left my apartment for several days it feels cold. The store is only ~300m from my apartment but... We'll see. Chocolate + Tales of Berseria sounds good, though.
Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by Mura_Kaze » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:41 am

Stay in hospital all day for lab checks. It so tired to waited for 7 hours.
Now, I'm at home. Want to make something for dinner, but I'm too lazy :/
yupina
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yupina » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:23 pm

I got up and went to school for 2 hours today. Law lecture is both boring and confusing at the same time. Then I went home and watched When I See You Again while eating dinner. Now I'm packing the house for a bit
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:45 pm

Recently got a fansite diary so I filled up all the past dates and decorated some pages too. Also I cut some more stickers to put on my planner/diary.
Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by Mura_Kaze » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:32 am

Drawing all day! I'm in the mood for drawing, but not for eating. Not hungry at all. This morning I just drank darjeeling tea I got from my friend, and a piece of coconut biscuit in afternoon.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:06 am

A lot of driving today! I helped my brother move out of his house and back in with our parents. His living situation was not the best and his heat and electricity was turned off on him. He didn't have any money to pay his bills so he was living in the dark with no food or running water for two weeks. Totally miserable. He was renting a house with a friend, but that friend lost his job and then bailed on him. So, my brother moved back in with my parents. I helped with moving his stuff from his house back to our folks'. Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday party, so it will be less busy but probably happier. I can't believe my nephew is 2 years old already!
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:21 am

I went to work and had to deal with corporate people. Then I came home and watched TV and some of Winky-chan's subbing tutorials.
Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by Mura_Kaze » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:27 am

Just laundry in morning but raining all day. Then went to my brother's office to help some work. And now I'm just laying around. A bit sleepy though
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:23 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:21 am
Then I came home and watched TV and some of Winky-chan's subbing tutorials.
I need to watch more of her tutorial videos.
blublackqueen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by blublackqueen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:26 pm

Finished my first true week of nursing school. I am still recovering from my surgery and some complications afterwards. So today I am going to lounge around the house. I will probably study some for my two tests next week. I might work on some homework that isn't due yet. But I like getting things down in advance. I will probably watch some TV and play with my puppy.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:52 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:23 pm
keioboylove wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:21 am
Then I came home and watched TV and some of Winky-chan's subbing tutorials.
She's a true treasure. I always thought I would like to contribute to subbing somehow, but it all just seemed so unapproachable as I only have basic computer program knowledge. Nothing like subtitle software. Excited to be able to try some stuff out.

So far today I've woken up and watched TV. I have to go to work soon.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:10 pm

I've done nothing but eaten and played Tales of Berseria. I think I will rest a little bit after checking the forums. I have anime to watch but I'm too tired...
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:35 am

keioboylove wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:52 pm
She's a true treasure. I always thought I would like to contribute to subbing somehow, but it all just seemed so unapproachable as I only have basic computer program knowledge. Nothing like subtitle software. Excited to be able to try some stuff out.
I would love to do some subbing projects myself, even though all I've done was QC work. I've seen some stuff with programs for timing and adding text on the screens, and I bet if I study some more I could figure out how to do it. My issue is finding the time for all that, and I don't know much Japanese. If I were to start a subbing comm, I would like to do Arashi's older stuff, before they debuted or right after. I'd to do more USO Japan, or the AI Love Johnny's, or whatever that program was.

Today was my nephew's birthday party. First, we all went to a preschool play date that was taken place at a state university where they do this play date thing annually. It was like a public museum with little corners for the kids where they could learn about the topics in each room. It was kind of fun. After that, we went back to my brother's place for pizza and cake. It was a good day. A long day, but still good. :)
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:05 am

Woke up and then cut a lot of stickers (that I will put in my planner) and then took meds and dozed off. Just woke up now again.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:55 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:52 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:23 pm

I'm going a little bit off-topic here, but here are my tips. Subbing isn't really that difficult, it's mostly just time consuming. Aegisub is a neat software, very easy to use and the manual is A+.

Timing: Enough lead out! Sometimes, especially when it comes to variety shows, subs just flash and you don't have enough time to read them. Timer should also keep in mind that there should not be too much text at once 'cause, again, a viewer needs to be able to read everything without having to pause a video.
Typesetting: Can be very time consuming, especially if you have to typeset things like signs, add fading... Sometimes typesetters forget that they are typesetting subs for a video, not creating graphics. I admit STORMY hasn't always picked the best fonts. But in general, what works in posters doesn't necessarily work in videos. Ignore fancy fonts, use colours that are easy to see.
Encoding: I know some people will say it's easy, you just add subs and hardsub. But they most likely have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Encoding is the most tech-savvy part of subbing. Once you get a hang of it it's not that hard, but you need to know quite a lot in case things don't go smoothly and of course to create a good quality video (huge file size/resolution doesn't mean good quality unlike some people seem to think...). Is a video interlaced or progressive? If it's interlaced, how can I fix that kind of interlacing? Do I need other filters? What order and settings should I use for filters? Bitrate? Etc.

And, back to the topic :D
Today I first went to a shop to buy some food. Then I sat there for a while chatting with a 89yo granny (I didn't know her but whatever lol). Got back home, played Tales of Berseria for a while. Then I knitted while waiting for a friend and my niece to come for a visit. Had coffee and chatted with my friend while my niece watched Moomin and ate cookies and candies (the best aunt ever ;) ). After they left I cooked dinner and did the laundry. Played a little bit again. It was only 8PM when I was feeling so tired I went to bed. I slept for 2.5 hours and just woke up a little while ago.
yupina
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yupina » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Woke up then went to school for 2 hours. After which, went to watch The Last Recipe :) I must say that all the actors did a good job and it was quite touching in the end. Then I went home and watch several episodes of Yamazaki Kento's Kiss That Kills.