What job field do you work in or what do you study?

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

What job field do you work in or what do you study?

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:02 pm

KazeAmeArashi wrote: I don't mean to be a sticky beak, but I'm interested to know what everyone does. :)

I have a part-time job currently (still at high school) and plan to go to university next year. But other than Japanese, I am a little clueless as what to study. And I want to be able to make a use of the things I study at university so I was wondering what you guys do and if/ why you enjoy it!

I have a BBA in business information systems (digital media). I also studied biomedical laboratory science but quit before graduating. I only had about half a year's worth of studies left but my health just couldn't take it anymore :( I even did my thesis... I can work in clinical chemistry and haematology labs 'cause I finished all those studies, but I don't even want to try anymore...

I'm currently on sick leave, but I've worked in many places: post office, mail sorting centre, school, help desk, laboratories... I think I've enjoyed working in the post office the most.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Re: What job field do you work in or what do you study?

Post by kazunari » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:53 pm

I majored in Psychology and recently passed the licensure examination for Psychometricians. I haven't applied to any jobs yet since I'm ~resting~ hahaha because I immediately started reviewing for the exam after I graduated.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:23 pm

I work at a retirement center as a direct care worker. I mostly work on the memory floor with people who have dementia.
solen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by solen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:50 am

I'm working as a teacher of french for foreigner in Bulgaria this year. Last year, I was working in Ukraine. I don't know where I'll be next year, but I hope I'll be able to work in Japan.
blublackqueen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by blublackqueen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 pm

I did my master's in Clinical Psychology but it was just too hard to find work around my area. So I am currently studying to be a registered nurse (RN). Unfortunately since the terms are so short and I have a lot to learn, there is no possible way I can work. But I used to be a caregiver. I have even worked at a grocery store and at a clothing store.
nowh3r3
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by nowh3r3 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:13 pm

I have a degree in business but currently I'm just working part-time in a clothing shop. It's difficult to find a suitable job in the area where I live...
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:55 pm

I have a BA in Japanese Language and Culture, but I am currently a produce manager in a main grocery retailer in the Midwest U.S. My husband keeps pushing me to leave retail and go back to school for my Masters, but there isn't really a school around me that has what I want to study and my job actually pays me pretty well since I'm in management.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:26 pm

Civil engineering and working in the rail industry.
Kitto09
Johnny's Jr

Post by Kitto09 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:33 pm

I got my degree in International Studies with an emphasis on East Asia. Now I teach English in Japanese Elementary and Junior high schools. (Students constantly ask the ALT if they have a bf/gf- I always respond with Matsujun. The 3rd graders in ES believed me and rushed me at recess once to ask if it's true ^.^;;)
Last edited by Kitto09 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by JudasFm » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 pm

I'm a freelance English teacher in Chiba, Japan and currently studying movie making in Tokyo. Once I graduate, I might go to Chiba University; I haven't decided yet ;)
chixm8_49
Johnny's Jr

Post by chixm8_49 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:56 am

My work is currently related to computers but hopefully, I would like to be a translator someday.
elarasakurai
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by elarasakurai » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:15 am

Field of study was in Applied Physics (undergrad, grad school, but no postdoc), destined for academe . . .

Then I got tired of watching old profs and senpais/dohais running after funding so switched to industry (with the intention of returning to academe in 5 years). 12 years later i am still in industry (oil & gas to be specific) and i have been a field engineer, a physics engineer, and have been in various roles in quality.

Now working on IT in relation to quality management.

Arashi has kept me sane 10 1/2 years of those 12 years :heart:
jheili
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by jheili » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:40 pm

I am a physical therapist but I am in between jobs right now. I quit work so I can go back to studying but all I've been doing is fangirl stuff XD.
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:32 pm

I’m not currently working, but my last job was as a kindergarten teacher. I enjoy working with children, but with that particular job the stress of dealing with the other staff overwhelmed the joy of helping the kids. I am thinking of trying another job with kids but a different environment.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 pm

So many different job fields/degrees! :D
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:27 am

I'm currently finishing writing my thesis so I can finally graduate college. I studied Biology and I specialize in vertebrate anatomy. My thesis is on lizard bones. But I also studied specialized translation in science and technology. I've worked for the marine mammals laboratory in my faculty doing research and as a translator, but unfortunately I haven't gotten a job in two years.
stormfordream
Johnny's Jr

Post by stormfordream » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:30 am

I'm currently studying AB Literature and I'm about to start my thesis soon. I also try to learn and improve my Japanese to be able to help in translations in some communities. Also, there are a few reasons that urged to take Literature but one of them is my wish to write better Arashi fanfics (because the first one I wrote really sucks T_T )
Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by Mura_Kaze » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:45 am

My major degree is dietary education, but it's hard to find an open recruitment here. And I've been work as hairstylist, tour guide, psychology clinic volunteer, radio announcer, kitchen staff. Last year I worked in one of Japan cars brand office.

Currently, I'm not working. Will be focus on my health issue T_T
stormfordream
Johnny's Jr

Post by stormfordream » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:30 am

Mura_Kaze wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:45 am
Currently, I'm not working. Will be focus on my health issue T_T
Oh no, why, what's wrong? :(
Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by Mura_Kaze » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:02 pm

stormfordream wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:30 am
Oh no, why, what's wrong? :(
Hypertyroid T-T