The story behind your username

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

The story behind your username

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:58 pm

What's the story behind your username? Do you use that same username pretty much everywhere?

I usually have more or less interesting stories behind my usernames (I don't often use the same username in more than one or two places), but in this case there isn't much of a story to it. My username simply states the fact that I love Aiba (surprise!) :D
ShoKitten
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Re: The story behind your username

Post by ShoKitten » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:45 pm

To be honest, I couldn't think of one but I like cats and Sho and kind of just typed this one out remembering a scan of him holding up a kitten (I should change my icon to that...) Kind of wish it was the other way round now, so it would be shokitten (implying I am the kitten? Maybe? idk, it's cute imo) but what's done is done XD
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:50 pm

^ If you wish to change your username PM me and I can do that.
ShoKitten
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by ShoKitten » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:54 pm

Ah, you're the best! :heart:
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:39 pm

My first name starts with an S and my middle name is Leigh. Combining the two of them conveniently makes a real word, so I started using it for a few different websites.
mae_ai
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mae_ai » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:57 am

My middle name is Mae and Ai is love in Japanese. Mae is also kind of like "before" in Japanese as well. I thought it was pretty cool that it could be read both ways so I've kept it ever since. :D
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:04 pm

Back in 2008 I joined LJ and at that moment in time, for like a month, I thought Sho had surpassed Ohno and become my ichiban. I joined with the name keioboylove and I've just used it since even though my ichiban has been Ohno for 11 years. Sho and Nino often fight for niban status. XD
blublackqueen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by blublackqueen » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:45 pm

I do not use my username all the time, but I have used it other places. It is just made up of two of my favorite colors, blue and black, and the fact I am a girl, hence the queen part. It was a silly username I came up with in high school. When I can't think of anything else, I just use that username.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:12 am

Nino is my favorite hahaha. I've always wanted one of those ~canon~ usernames. My usernames tend to change a lot but when I get one that I really like I change all my usernames to that same username haha
Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by Mura_Kaze » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Well, it's my 'Japanese name', because my real name is hard to pronounce XD But, with this 'Murakami Kaze' name, people thought I'm a Kanjani fans lol
sakuradropps
Johnny's Jr

Post by sakuradropps » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:34 pm

I like Naruto and liked Sakuras charakter and dropps because i like candys :) Sakura = Cherrie and dropps = candy = sakuradropps, I used this name first on Facebook as I have created my account there for about 8 years at this time I was not even a fan of Arashi my sister forced me to create an account she needed some nighbours for the game Farmville :D but I have to changed my username otherwise fb had closed my account and now u can find me on fb under my real name Jacqueline Jähnke, I put sakuradropps in brackets.
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by JudasFm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:48 am

Well, to make a very long story short, my first name is Jude (for those wondering, I'm female; it's a unisex name :P) When I was about seventeen, I got a bit of a crush on an actor and joined his online forum. Back then, the internet was still fairly new and my mom was a little nervous about my giving out my real name. The actor played Judas Iscariot in Jesus Christ Superstar, and so it was fairly natural for me to change Jude to Judas.

When I got AIM to chat with some of my friends, I had to think of a new username. Judas was taken, and I didn't want a name like Judas19482, so AOL asked me to provide a bit of information about me (gender, location, age etc) Like I said, I'm female, so one of the suggestions which came back was JudasFem. I shortened it to JudasFm and I had a username.

I've used this name pretty much everywhere. I do use my real name on my novels, but everywhere else I'm JudasFm and have been for so long that I can't envisage using another name. The biggest problem is some people insist on writing it JudasFM and turning me into a radio station :D
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:25 pm

I made up my name during high school when I got my first blog. I wasn't on LJ yet, but everyone at my school was obsessed with another blog site called "xanga". Anyone here remember that one? It took me some time to come up with mine because I wanted mine to describe me more. I got the idea from my grandma who made me and my brothers these sweaters when we were kids that said "PK #1" "PK #2" and "PK #3". PK stands for "pastor's kid" because my dad is a pastor. I was PK #1 since I'm the first born in the family. I wanted the name to be one word, but I didn't want "pknumber1", because I thought that was lame. So, I went with pknumba1. And thus my default name in almost every site I use.
nanunenino
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by nanunenino » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm

Just because nino is my ichiban. And I'm not that creative so nanunenino it is hahaha.
elarasakurai
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by elarasakurai » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:24 am

back when i was still studying, my labmate who was acting as the lab IT guy connected all the pcs in the lab and named all the machines after the moons of jupiter. he gave me a list and asked me to pick one, i liked elara and so he named my pc that.

back then internet forums where not that prevalent but whenever a user name was needed i picked elara or a variation of it. when i got into arashi fandom and started liking so elarasakurai was born (i wished to say registered into the sakurai family registry but that is just wistful thinking)
jheili
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by jheili » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:36 pm

jheili is something I came up with back when I was a kid and crying over Li Syaoran from Card Captor Sakura. It's a username I've been using in all of the worlds I am in. Jhei is another way to spell my name. :)
mae_ai
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mae_ai » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:06 am

nanunenino wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm
Just because nino is my ichiban. And I'm not that creative so nanunenino it is hahaha.
Awww. I love the name! It's so cute! Saying out loud is fun too!
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:10 am

Well I've changed my username every time we've moved. I started with Midna that was my roleplaying name both as narrator and as player, then I changed it to Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII and now I'm Nightshadow. I've always liked all things dark and spooky and I have been thinking for ages about finding a nick that was both dark, cool and gender neutral, because for some reason, online people think I'm a guy and I like to keep the mystery of my gender on a lot of places. Nightshadow is the surname of a non playing character in a Mage: The Ascension chronicle I've played since 2009, and I also have an eyeshadow that is mixed white, gray and black that I love and is called NightShadow. I use this name on one other forum and on my computer. I always wear black and I think I am quite a bit goth because I really love a lot of goth music, so I think it suits me. ^_^
stormfordream
Johnny's Jr

Post by stormfordream » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:36 am

nanunenino wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm
I love it!! It's actually creative when you think of it :3

If it's not obvious enough, my username is just "A.RA.SHI for dream~" translated lol. It was actually years back when I was having trouble picking a username for an account. I forgot which one, but I was trying different usernames but all of them were already taken, and that's when I thought of "A.RA.SHI for dream" and used the English word for arashi to make it less obvious for those who don't know my fandom. So, it's like a hidden message for fellow Arashians when they see my name in other social media platforms like "oh look, an Arashian!" So far I've been using it in almost all of my accounts so when you see a stormfordream account elsewhere, there's a high chance that it's me. :)
papercrane
Johnny's Jr

Post by papercrane » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:05 am

Mine is not as interesting as some of the others I've been reading, but here goes: I enjoy arts and crafts and the very first origami I made was a crane. I went through a phase where I would take any paper lying in front of me and I would fold it into a crane. I used to have a huge box of them- but allergies struck and I had to get rid of them. I created my username back during that phase- back at the old forum.