North America fans!!

Arashi and everything else in your native language!

Moderator: Nightshadow

Forum rules
1. You can create a thread for any language, country or region.
2. Our staff doesn't speak every language in the world, but we trust that you follow the forum rules even when you write in your native language.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Re: North America fans!!

Post by keioboylove » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:05 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:27 pm
I love seeing old fans come back to fandom. I hope I never leave my boys. I can't see anything better than Arashi. I do think I may dwindle a little due to being busy with real life and all that, but my support for them will never falter.
It's so weird to leave. I mean, I didn't really leave as I kept up with music releases, I just wasn't watching their shows because the boyfriend I had at the time thought I was a total weirdo. He was definitely your typical close-minded "I can't understand the lyrics so I don't like this music" American. Ugh. So glad I married someone who loves me for me and even enjoys everything to do with Arashi. But, I'm for sure mega happy to be back full force watching new shows and dramas. The excitement and happiness I get to experience when something new comes out is something I missed a lot. And of course talking and HYPE with other fans! ;) :heart:
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:47 pm

^Yeah, that's always a good thing, right? I wonder if I'll find someone who will like Arashi as much as me, or grow to love them. If he already knows them, then I'm good! XD I don't know anyone in real life who knows them. Even if he doesn't know them and they aren't his thing, I hope he'll accept my fangirliness for as I am. Otherwise, I'm done. I think it's like that with anything I'm into. Whether it's Arashi or not.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:40 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:47 pm
Even if he doesn't know them and they aren't his thing, I hope he'll accept my fangirliness for as I am. Otherwise, I'm done. I think it's like that with anything I'm into. Whether it's Arashi or not.
It's so important to find someone like that! I lucked out in that my partner is also a passionate fan of his own hobbies, so he can understand that I'm so invested in my own interests. So we just kinda trade off! I'll watch pro-wrestling with him sometimes and he'll sit with me and watch Arashi concerts while playing on his computer. I think people who are really passionate about their hobbies can understand someone else's passion for something, even if it isn't the same interest.

Aaand for my intro (lol) I'm from North Carolina! Although I'm living in upstate New York for a year for my partner's work. I could drive to the Canadian border and back in a little under 2 hours, so I'm nowhere near NYC lol.
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:59 am

Hey everyone! I'm going to be living in Ohio, but I'm not there yet. Still have some things to finish up here in Virginia before that happens. I hope it happens soon.
I've been an Arashi fan only since early summer of 2017, so not even a full year yet. Wow, honestly, it feels like I've been into them for longer!
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by jxhide » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:02 am

Sleigh wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:59 am
Hey everyone! I'm going to be living in Ohio, but I'm not there yet. Still have some things to finish up here in Virginia before that happens. I hope it happens soon.
I've been an Arashi fan only since early summer of 2017, so not even a full year yet. Wow, honestly, it feels like I've been into them for longer!
Always happy to see new fans! Whether you're a fan since they debuted or just year, we're all gonna have an Arashi filled fun 2018!!! Have a safe move to Ohio! Hope the weather isn't too bad :)
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 pm

Sleigh wrote:
Yayyyy!! Welcome!! I feel like the Midwest is a powerhouse when it comes to Arashi fandom, haha 8-) XD
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:57 am

Sleigh wrote:
I know what you mean. When I was a new fan I felt like I've been one longer than a year. Probably because I spent so much time obsessing over them online and watching their shows. XD
mae_ai
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mae_ai » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:04 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 pm
Yayyyy!! Welcome!! I feel like the Midwest is a powerhouse when it comes to Arashi fandom, haha 8-) XD
Arashi Chicago concert pls? LOL
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:35 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:57 am

I know what you mean. When I was a new fan I felt like I've been one longer than a year. Probably because I spent so much time obsessing over them online and watching their shows. XD
Yes! Exactly. Finding and watching or listening to Arashi stuff has taken up nearly all of my free time since I started liking them! At least I can say it's educational, since it helps with learning Japanese. :)
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:53 am

Sleigh wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:35 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:57 am

Yes! Exactly. Finding and watching or listening to Arashi stuff has taken up nearly all of my free time since I started liking them! At least I can say it's educational, since it helps with learning Japanese. :)
That's what I say, too. I got obsessed when I first became a fan, it was all I ever did online. I tried to find as many episodes and music of them as I could. I knew I had a problem, but it subsided a bit. The obsession doesn't hurt anymore. XD
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:30 pm

mae_ai wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:04 pm
keioboylove wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 pm
Arashi Chicago concert pls? LOL
I think I would literally die from shock, LOL
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:52 pm

Oh me too. I had a dream that I got to go to an Arashi concert, but the venue was super small, so instead of tens of thousands of fans in the seats, there were probably hundreds. I was so happy to see Arashi up close, and here's the best part: Nino came right up to me with this really excited look on his face and waved! As if he was saying, "Hey!! You made it to one of our concerts!" I remember laughing so hard at that, I think I was probably laughing in my sleep. XD
Kitto09
Johnny's Jr

Post by Kitto09 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:06 pm

mae_ai wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:16 pm
Hi! I'm from the midwest! Iowa to be exact and it's currently snowing :( I got into Arashi about 10 years ago? I watched Inuyasha on Adult Swim and loved the opening which was V6s Change the World of course. It's funny, usually someone would become a huge fan of anime but I ended up become a huge fan of JE groups xD So it went like this. V6 --> NEWS ---> Then Arashi in 07-08ish. I stuck around until 2011 when irl stuff happened and now I'm back here at the end of 2017! :D It gives me an excuse to marathon tons of Arashi shows so I'm not too sad :3
Yay! Midwest! And extremely similar!
I'm from Missouri, and I also got into Arashi 10 years back. Originally I was just looking for some new Japanese music at the time. But! I only started liking Japanese music after I watched Inuyasha and ahh, all the songs from that are still near and dear to me. Took me until 2009 to realize V6 was an idol group and not a rock band ^^; Aorund 2011, after March 11th, it felt like the fandom kind of had to slow down so I did too and at some point real life just took over and here I am, 7 years later, 2018.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose been away for a while :]
mae_ai
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mae_ai » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:27 am

Kitto09 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:06 pm
mae_ai wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:16 pm
Hi! I'm from the midwest! Iowa to be exact and it's currently snowing :( I got into Arashi about 10 years ago? I watched Inuyasha on Adult Swim and loved the opening which was V6s Change the World of course. It's funny, usually someone would become a huge fan of anime but I ended up become a huge fan of JE groups xD So it went like this. V6 --> NEWS ---> Then Arashi in 07-08ish. I stuck around until 2011 when irl stuff happened and now I'm back here at the end of 2017! :D It gives me an excuse to marathon tons of Arashi shows so I'm not too sad :3
Yay! Midwest! And extremely similar!
I'm from Missouri, and I also got into Arashi 10 years back. Originally I was just looking for some new Japanese music at the time. But! I only started liking Japanese music after I watched Inuyasha and ahh, all the songs from that are still near and dear to me. Took me until 2009 to realize V6 was an idol group and not a rock band ^^; Aorund 2011, after March 11th, it felt like the fandom kind of had to slow down so I did too and at some point real life just took over and here I am, 7 years later, 2018.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose been away for a while :]
Ayeee more midwestians~ I wonder why the fandom slowed down so much :X Are you at that point where I am and playing catch up and watching ALL the things? LOL
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:15 pm

A lot of fandoms slow down for some of the same reasons. The fans grow up, get jobs, go to school, get married, have kids, change careers, etc. Real life happens. So, those who were active in the fandom, or were the popular subbers, and grow up and get busy, things slow down. That's a pattern I've noticed. That, or they lose interest and find something else to occupy their time, or there was a fandom war and people got hurt and left.
winonanona
Johnny's Jr

Post by winonanona » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:11 pm

blublackqueen wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:28 am
Hello! I am Virginia. I used to live in California, in Anaheim. But I moved to Virginia in 2009 for school and decided to stay. It is so much cheaper to live in Virginia than California. I have been into Arashi since 1999, so 18 years.
I live in Virginia too! But in Northern Virginia, near DC, so it is definitely NOT cheap :( How did you discover them right at the beginning?

I've been a fan since 2010, ever since I went to Japan with my high school class and saw them everywhere and became curious. It has been a pretty much nonstop obsession since then!
blublackqueen
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by blublackqueen » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:47 pm

winonanona wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:11 pm
blublackqueen wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:28 am
Hello! I am Virginia. I used to live in California, in Anaheim. But I moved to Virginia in 2009 for school and decided to stay. It is so much cheaper to live in Virginia than California. I have been into Arashi since 1999, so 18 years.
I live in Virginia too! But in Northern Virginia, near DC, so it is definitely NOT cheap :( How did you discover them right at the beginning?

I've been a fan since 2010, ever since I went to Japan with my high school class and saw them everywhere and became curious. It has been a pretty much nonstop obsession since then!
Oh yeah, DC is definitely not cheap. I cannot remember exactly how I came across them. I think I came across something online and looked into them. It was such a long time ago.
Kitto09
Johnny's Jr

Post by Kitto09 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:29 pm

mae_ai wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:27 am
Ayeee more midwestians~ I wonder why the fandom slowed down so much :X Are you at that point where I am and playing catch up and watching ALL the things? LOL
I have theories about that and I wonder is the SMAP fandom ever felt this way. It's crazy though, the old LJ communities have slowed to a crawl and I can't find RAW providers like I used to on there.

I'm not sure where to begin honestly..
Where did you start after all this time????
mae_ai
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mae_ai » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:49 am

Kitto09 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:29 pm
mae_ai wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:27 am
I have theories about that and I wonder is the SMAP fandom ever felt this way. It's crazy though, the old LJ communities have slowed to a crawl and I can't find RAW providers like I used to on there.

I'm not sure where to begin honestly..
Where did you start after all this time????
I agree with pknumba1 that irl is a pretty big factor because it's the reason I was gone for so long. Maybe with their 20th coming soon we'll see more people come back :D. As for RAW providers there are a still few people that post to the main communities for Shiyagare and VS if that's what you're looking for on LJ. :3
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:05 pm

mae_ai wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:49 am
I agree with pknumba1 that irl is a pretty big factor because it's the reason I was gone for so long. Maybe with their 20th coming soon we'll see more people come back :D. As for RAW providers there are a still few people that post to the main communities for Shiyagare and VS if that's what you're looking for on LJ. :3
Same. My 2 years of grad school I was only keeping up with album releases and that was pretty much it. I didn't hardly have time to watch variety shows or dramas or anything. It's not like I wasn't a fan anymore, but I didn't have the time to invest.

And I agree, at 20 years there will probably be a lot of promotions going on so maybe fans who stepped away for awhile will be able to come back.

Part of me wishes they'd do another Hawaii concert at 20 years because I might be able to afford it by then, but Idk how realistic that is lol.