Welcome to the brand new Aibakaland!

Forum announcements, feedback, help...

Moderator: iheartaiba

Pichi3104
Johnny's Jr

Re: Welcome to the brand new Aibakaland!

Post by Pichi3104 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:34 pm

Loving this new place!
jessica
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by jessica » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:51 pm

Hello there. I was late to move in the new forum since I was swamped with work, not like it's getting easier now but yeah, I kind of get back to actively fangirling again :D
Nice to see everyone is still around and thanks iheartaiba for making a new forum!

See you around ^^
akama101092
Johnny's Jr

Post by akama101092 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:37 am

Hi! I am a long time user in this forum. Nice to meet you all~
xxDaviexx
Johnny's Jr

Post by xxDaviexx » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:51 pm

Hey there, everyone! Even though I just registered, I have been a member of Aibakaland for the longest time. I have already lost track of how many changes the forum has had throughout my years as a member. Hehehe... Despite these changes, I am happy to see that the forum is still active and standing. I can only hope that we can be forever Aibakaland members. Happy New Year 2018 to all!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:00 pm

^ Nice to see you :)

We used forumup from 2006 to 2013. Then prophpBB from 2013 to autumn 2017. After that Tapacrap took over prophpBB forums just like that. We ditched that place in Dec '17 :) I think prophpBB was an okay place. We didn't have a control over everything, but it was still good and stable. Forumup became a mess after a few years. And I don't think I even have to say what I think about Tapacrap...

Now that we have our own domain it doesn't really matter even if we had to move (hopefully not). Besides, now I get copies of the database :thumbsup:
nanunenino
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by nanunenino » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:53 pm

I hope your surgery went well and recovering well! I just get to join the new aibakaland after the hectic new year and all that jazz. Can't wait to be a part of the arashi fandom again. Looking forward to catch up with you guys!
pupilurker
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by pupilurker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:30 am

Happy new year minna-san!~ ^___^
LateArashifan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by LateArashifan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:41 pm

Yeah everything looks great! Having run a forum with its own domain a million years ago, I know it's not free, so would you accept donations to the running costs?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 pm

LateArashifan wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:41 pm
Yeah everything looks great! Having run a forum with its own domain a million years ago, I know it's not free, so would you accept donations to the running costs?
For now we are good till the end of Nov '18 (domain till the end of Nov '19). I will think about whether to accept donations in autumn :)
LateArashifan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by LateArashifan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:01 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 pm
LateArashifan wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:41 pm
For now we are good till the end of Nov '18 (domain till the end of Nov '19). I will think about whether to accept donations in autumn :)
Okey Dokey! Don't be afraid to ask if you need it! I can't give huge amounts but I can contribute.
majidekita
Johnny's Jr

Post by majidekita » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:33 am

Congratulations on the new website!

Even though it's a little late, I hope your surgery has gone well!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:43 am

majidekita wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:33 am
Even though it's a little late, I hope your surgery has gone well!
Thank you :)
It went well and I healed surprisingly quickly.
aki7690
Johnny's Jr

Post by aki7690 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:23 pm

wow! it's look so nice XD
really love it!
thank you for your hard work ;)
yumichan86
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by yumichan86 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:17 pm

I love the new forum
thanks for your hard work :)
valiente
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by valiente » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:39 pm

I'm usually skeptical about changes in design because I can be kind of technologically-challenged at times and also picky with how user-friendly a site looks and actually is. Considering the change before was exactly the same (If I remember correctly, this is the 3rd domain change?), I totally didn't expect this new site to be like this but .... it looks AMAZING! Clean and all that and still familiar but not in some ways. Really great!

Thanks for all your hard work! :)
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:04 pm

valiente wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:39 pm
I'm usually skeptical about changes in design because I can be kind of technologically-challenged at times and also picky with how user-friendly a site looks and actually is. Considering the change before was exactly the same (If I remember correctly, this is the 3rd domain change?), I totally didn't expect this new site to be like this but .... it looks AMAZING! Clean and all that and still familiar but not in some ways. Really great!

Yeah, this is the third change so fourth place, though the previous one from prophpBB to Tapatalk didn't happen because of us.

I'm glad you like the style. I personally am not a fan of fancy stuff. I like clean styles and user interfaces.
inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by inutrasha94 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:03 pm

I love the new site format. I almost exclusively use it on my phone cause my laptop is trash but it's so smooth~ unlike what I've seen before~
valiente
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by valiente » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:26 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:04 pm
valiente wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Yeah, this is the third change so fourth place, though the previous one from prophpBB to Tapatalk didn't happen because of us.

I'm glad you like the style. I personally am not a fan of fancy stuff. I like clean styles and user interfaces.

Oh, I think because I started my graduate studies a little after the move to prophpBB, (from forumup.org --> this was the one I said having similar design to prophpBB based on what I can remember), I wasn't online too often when the move to Tapatalk happened. Although I think not long after registering there again (i think), I got redirected here again so that particular move totally slipped my mind. Anyway, still glad Aibakaland is here. :)
threetenfour
Johnny's Jr

Post by threetenfour » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 pm

This is awesome, I'm glad this community still exists! I've been on hiatus since 2013 (wow, it's been five years now...) so I'm trying slowly to get back in the swing of things. Thanks for your hard work!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:24 pm

threetenfour wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:56 pm
This is awesome, I'm glad this community still exists! I've been on hiatus since 2013 (wow, it's been five years now...) so I'm trying slowly to get back in the swing of things. Thanks for your hard work!

Welcome back! :)
Aibakaland is not as huge community as it used to be, but we're still alive and kicking :D