Help thread

Forum announcements, feedback, help...

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Help thread

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:59 am

If you have video playback, video joining/extracting or forum related questions or problems, post here. If you get error messages it helps if you post screencaps of them.

When you need video related help please post the operating system of your computer, the software name and version you use and codec pack you've installed.

How to manage forum notifications:
User Control Panel (click that person icon on the left side of the private message icon) -> Board preferences -> Edit notification options.

How to subscribe topics:
Go to the topic you want to subscribe. Scroll down until you see an adjustable wrench icon next to a Post Reply button. Click that icon and choose Subscribe topic.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Re: Help thread

Post by keioboylove » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm

When I try to send a PM to iheartaiba this is what I get, and an occasional "suspicious activity from your IP please click this captcha" I couldn't screen shot that part, though.
Anyway here's the error:

edit: a word
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:54 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm
When I try to send a PM to iheartaiba this is what I get, and an occasional "suspicious activity from your IP please click this captcha" I couldn't screen shot that part, though.
The captcha (or short ban) appears when a security feature called ModSecurity is triggered. I got it quite a few times when I was creating this place. From my experience it usually happens when you do something that results in an error message a few times within a short period of time. Did you get it when you were trying to send me a PM? I can only enable or disable ModSecurity, but I can't modify it or see what triggers/has triggered it. If more members get captcha frequently I will consider disabling that feature.

I checked private message settings and your account, but I couldn't find anything that would prevent you from sending me a private message. Did you try to send a long message? I have now enabled attachments in private messages in case you were trying to PM me something that can be added as an attachment. If not, let me know and I will try to figure out what's going on.

Oh and can you PM anyone else? You can try PMing any of the mods. Just say that it's a test and Haru asked you to try it.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:27 pm

I got the captcha the first time and third time I tried to PM you yesterday. I got the error every time. It was kind of long (song translation), so I get why it might have triggered. I'll try again and add the translation as an attachment this time. Maybe it just didn't like the length of the PM. Also, I'll try PMing a mod just to make sure.

EDIT:
So, I sent a PM to Nightshadow and it seemed to go through. Before that I tried to send one to you, but it didn't work. Not quite sure why. Maybe I was just sending one that was too long? Maybe it doesn't like it when I copy/paste?
I was going to try to send the translation by attachment, but none of the file types that I can use are acceptable to the forum.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:27 pm
I got the captcha the first time and third time I tried to PM you yesterday. I got the error every time. It was kind of long (song translation), so I get why it might have triggered. I'll try again and add the translation as an attachment this time. Maybe it just didn't like the length of the PM. Also, I'll try PMing a mod just to make sure.

EDIT:
So, I sent a PM to Nightshadow and it seemed to go through. Before that I tried to send one to you, but it didn't work. Not quite sure why. Maybe I was just sending one that was too long? Maybe it doesn't like it when I copy/paste?
I was going to try to send the translation by attachment, but none of the file types that I can use are acceptable to the forum.
I enabled attachments but not extensions oops.
It should work now. Sorry about that.

There shouldn't be any character limit in PMs, but I will keep on checking the admin panel just in case.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:16 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:07 pm
keioboylove wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:27 pm

EDIT:
I enabled attachments but not extensions oops.
It should work now. Sorry about that.

There shouldn't be any character limit in PMs, but I will keep on checking the admin panel just in case.
Got one to go through to you! Thank you for the help!!
matsumiyalover
Johnny's Jr

Post by matsumiyalover » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Hello! Does this new forum also have the same rule that we need to reach certain rank to get access to the sub section?
Or it's just me who couldn't find the right section? *sheepish*

Also, I still can't figure out how to change my avatar. I'm sorry, I'm so hopeless
Thanks in advance XD
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:36 am

matsumiyalover wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 pm
Hello! Does this new forum also have the same rule that we need to reach certain rank to get access to the sub section?
Or it's just me who couldn't find the right section? *sheepish*
Members need to reach 15 posts before they can see the hidden sections. I have added permission to those who used to have it before if I have remembered. I just gave you access so you should see the sections now.

matsumiyalover wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:40 pm
Also, I still can't figure out how to change my avatar. I'm sorry, I'm so hopeless
Thanks in advance XD

And then Profile -> Edit avatar
iwntcrtnwrds
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by iwntcrtnwrds » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi! I reached 15 posts the other day and I was poking around to look at the fansubs section but I can’t find it, I think it’s still locked for me?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:13 am

iwntcrtnwrds wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:21 pm
Hi! I reached 15 posts the other day and I was poking around to look at the fansubs section but I can’t find it, I think it’s still locked for me?

I tested your permissions and could see the fansubs section. Even your account settings look right.

Fansubs are located after "Multimedia".

matsumiyalover
Johnny's Jr

Post by matsumiyalover » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:22 am

Thanks for giving me access, iheartaiba. But just like iwntcrtnwrds, I still can't see the sections. There's nothing after fanfiction. It's kind of strange because a few weeks ago I still could see the download section and even downloaded a short clip, but then I wanted to leave a comment but couldn't and always got error messages. And after that I guess I couldn't see it.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 am

matsumiyalover wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:22 am
Thanks for giving me access, iheartaiba. But just like iwntcrtnwrds, I still can't see the sections. There's nothing after fanfiction. It's kind of strange because a few weeks ago I still could see the download section and even downloaded a short clip, but then I wanted to leave a comment but couldn't and always got error messages. And after that I guess I couldn't see it.

This is probably because you've gone from less than 3 posts (Newly registered users) to 3 posts (Registered users). Even if I manually add a member to a group that can access the subs the default group seems to change when a member moves from Newly to Registered. That's because the group that can access the subs is an auto-group. That means when someone hit 15 posts they will automatically be moved to that group. It looks like when I add a member who doesn't have 15 posts the group will kick them out at some point.

If I could just copy all the settings of that auto-group I would create a mirror group. But I can't, and there are so many settings I'd rather not do it. I know this can be frustrating for our members and I'm sorry about that.

I did disable "Newly registered users" (0-2 posts) so everyone should be in "Registered users" group when they join the forums. I hope this fixes the constant default group changing until a member hits 15 posts. However, I can't promise anything. I did check your permission and right now when I'm posting this you have access to subs.
matsumiyalover
Johnny's Jr

Post by matsumiyalover » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:52 pm

Got it haha
Gotta make the posts then. Thank you for all the help :D