Tokusatsu

Discuss Japanese music, dramas and films.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Forum rules
Tag your topic with [MUSIC], [DRAMA], [ACTOR], [ACTRESS] or [FILM]. For example, [MUSIC] Gackt.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Tokusatsu

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:15 am

Anyone into tokusatsu?

I haven't watched super sentai since Engine Sentai Go-Onger (Tokuyama :heart: ), but I do watch Kamer Rider series. I have to admit I haven't seen all the most recent KR series 'cause I think they have changed a tad too much for my liking. My favourite Kamen Rider series are Blade (underrated!), W and OOO. I'm currently finishing Wizard (I started watching it two years ago when I had a terrible cold, but once I got better I kinda just forgot about it) and I like it excluding the main girl. Besides KR and super sentai series I've seen a little bit of Garo. It's dark enough for my taste so I think I should watch it more.

I've seen the first few episodes of the currently airing Kamen Rider Build. The cast is fine but... We'll see. I may continue watching it at some point.

I'm not that familiar with Ultraman.
aibacha
Johnny's Jr

Re: Tokusatsu

Post by aibacha » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 am

I don't think I can say I'm a "fan" of tokusatsu but I've watched two Kamen Rider series because of the lead actors (Den-O and Drive) and genuinely enjoyed both of them. I started watching Fourze and W but I really didn't like the girl in W...
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: Tokusatsu

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:48 pm

aibacha wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 am
I started watching Fourze and W but I really didn't like the girl in W...

I think that's a big problem with Kamen Rider series: female characters are either annoying or completely useless. It's 2018 and nothing has changed. Kamen Rider Kiva is probably the only KR series where the ladies are badass and useful. But Kiva is a hot mess otherwise so... Women in OOO were okay. They weren't that important but at least they weren't whining and crying all the time.

I love W, but I don't like Akiko. I don't think there's anything wrong with the actress really even though her voice is a bit... Just the character sucked so bad. It's a shame, they could have done so much more :/

I'm forever bitter we didn't get Philip+Shotaro single, especially as both actors can actually sing. I had high hopes because of Kiva and Decade...