C- & tw-drama recommendations

Discuss music, dramas and films from mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Forum rules
Tag your topic with [MUSIC], [DRAMA], [ACTOR], [ACTRESS] or [FILM]. For example, [ACTRESS] Joanne Tseng.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

C- & tw-drama recommendations

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Share your c-drama and tw-drama recommendations here! A word or two why the drama is worth watching would be nice.

You can also ask for drama recommendations.
Chosoo
Johnny's Jr

Re: C- & tw-drama recommendations

Post by Chosoo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 pm

ANyone has a new??
I haven't seen one for 4 years I think?
Last was a C-drama with Jerry Yan, but it kinda pissed me off, sorry the language.
They dubbed his voice, since he doesn't speak mainland chinese. I was surprised and it felt weird.

Other, I love all of the old ones - Meteor Garden, Why why love, Devil beside you etc.
Mike He will always be a teen crush ^^
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Chosoo wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 pm
ANyone has a new??

If you don't mind romcoms then I would recommend Refresh Man (Aaron Yan & Joanne Tseng) and Drunken to Love You (Rainie Yang & Joseph Chang). The first one is from 2016 and the second one from 2011. Maybe you've seen that Rainie's drama. I like Aaron Yan's dramas in general excluding Fall in Love with Me.

Bromance from 2015 (Megan Lai & Baron Chen) and Marry Me or Not from 2015 (Roy Qiu & Alice Ke) are quite good too :)
Chosoo
Johnny's Jr

Post by Chosoo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:02 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:01 pm
Chosoo wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:40 pm
ANyone has a new??

If you don't mind romcoms then I would recommend Refresh Man (Aaron Yan & Joanne Tseng) and Drunken to Love You (Rainie Yang & Joseph Chang). The first one is from 2016 and the second one from 2011. Maybe you've seen that Rainie's drama. I like Aaron Yan's dramas in general excluding Fall in Love with Me.

Bromance from 2015 (Megan Lai & Baron Chen) and Marry Me or Not from 2015 (Roy Qiu & Alice Ke) are quite good too :)
Love those... just need to find where to watch.
For the past 2 years I haven't watched many dramas by streaming so a lot of links I used are gone now.
Anyway will look it up. Thanks!
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Nirvana in Fire (the first season) - Beautifully written and acted. It's a very slow burn and requires your full attention to keep up with the story and recognise all the subtleties. It contains love, loyalty, revenge, betrayal, jealousy, integrity, genocide... Sounds typical of many Asian dramas, right? I was distracted whilst watching the first half and didn't understand all the hype over this drama, but once you begin to really look, you'll see that's it's enveloped in such beauty, love, and nuances, and it manages to tug your heartstrings in all the right ways.

That's the only one off the top of my head in recent years. I grew up with Hong Kong dramas from the late 70's to the 90's, which was their golden era back then, but it's hard to make recommendations for newer fans.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:50 pm

forror wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:14 pm
Nirvana in Fire (the first season) - Beautifully written and acted. It's a very slow burn and requires your full attention to keep up with the story and recognise all the subtleties. It contains love, loyalty, revenge, betrayal, jealousy, integrity, genocide... Sounds typical of many Asian dramas, right? I was distracted whilst watching the first half and didn't understand all the hype over this drama, but once you begin to really look, you'll see that's it's enveloped in such beauty, love, and nuances, and it manages to tug your heartstrings in all the right ways.

I've seen Nirvana in Fire being recommend in so many places :) I'd love to see it, but I have troubles concentrating on things so I tend to pick shows that are very easy to watch.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:58 am

The last Taiwainese drama I watched was the one with Vanness Wu. Autumn Concerto was the title, if I'm not mistaken. I knew about it because my mom used to watch it. Maybe I should rewatch it.
yumichan86
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by yumichan86 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:39 pm

I haven´t watched TW dramas in some while but my favorits are;

Down with Love, Devil beside you,Why Why Love, Easy Fortune Happy Life, Fated To Love You, It Started With A Kiss, They Kiss Again and Smiling Pasta
valiente
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by valiente » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:52 pm

If some don't mind old series, I would suggest "Legend of Condor Heroes". I watched it way back when I was a kid and since my dad did the translating, I just assumed it was Chinese but after watching it again when I was older (not the remake since I haven't seen it so I don't know how similar it is), I think it might have been HK cause they're speaking Cantonese. It has a good story, some cool fighting scenes and actually a good plotline. It also deals with Mongolian tribes since the main character grew up among them before he travelled around. So this kid grows up with the Mongolians, helped them conquer other dynasties, but later on, left them when the Mongolians wanted to conquer the place where his family originally was from. There's also some romance in this series mixed with all the history and martial arts. So I would recommend this.