IROあせないで
IROあせないで

[DRABBLE] Janakute - Aiba (G)

Post by hoshinomi » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:13 am

Title: Janakute
Rating: G
Member: Aiba
Author: hoshinomi

:: I found this draft while exploring the files on an old thumb drive. This was supposed to be a multi-part fanfic but it's been 7 years and I honestly have no idea where I was going with this story. I'll most likely have to scrap the idea of trying to finish it since it's based on a younger Aiba, who has done lots of growing up and maturing over the years. It'll have to be a drabble since I'd hate for the prologue to go to waste...::

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 1

I slammed the door behind me as hard as I could. It drew the attention of everyone nearby. Normally, I’d be embarrassed, but right now I didn’t care. I stuffed my hands in my pockets, tucked my chin down toward my chest and walked away from the office door as quickly as I could. It wasn’t long before I heard my name being called out accompanied by the sound of footsteps rushing to catch up to me from behind. “Good,” I thought. “Let him chase me.” Choosing to ignore him for a bit, I turned the corner to find the elevator doors just closing.

Having no other choice, I swiveled on my heels, coming face-to-face with Takabayashi, one of the managers. I didn’t care for him personally, but respected him only because of his title. Many of us saw him as a brown-noser, he had his head stuck so far up Johnny’s a…”

“Aiba-san,” Takabayashi panted. He was bent over with his hands on his knees. It was obvious by his pot belly that he hadn’t moved so fast in a very long time. He was only in his 40s, but did a horrible job of taking care of himself over the years. “Aiba-san, think about what you’re saying. Be reasonable. You know that sort of change cannot be made. Everyone in the group has their own respective roles and character expectations. The fans all know the five of you in certain ways: Ohno-san is the quiet and artistic leader, Matsumoto-san is the mysterious pretty-boy, Sakurai-san is the intelligent older brother and…”

I cut him off. “The smart one? Why, because he reads a few newspapers and repeats what he read to a camera? He does no real research himself. If all he does is read a few teleprompters, what’s to stop me from doing the same? I’m sick and tired of being seen as the airhead of the group. Nobody ever gives me the chance to show how talented or how smart I really am! All I asked was for ONE chance.”

Takabayashi smiled at me, realizing he had hit a soft spot by calling Sho-kun the “intelligent” one. “So what?” he said. “You want to be the smart one?”

“Well, I’m certainly not the dumb one,” I said, pressing the elevator button over and over. It wasn’t that I held any hard feelings towards Sho-kun. I probably seemed a bit jealous, but I wasn’t really. I just wanted a chance.

He continued. “So that’s it? You’re quitting because you’ve finally decided after 13 years you’re tired of the image that you created?” I didn’t respond to the question. The bell chimed signaling the elevator had reached this floor. The doors opened and I walked in. “Fine, I see you’re upset.” Takabayashi walked towards me, holding the doors open. “I’ll give you until tomorrow morning to really think about the consequences of what you’re doing. If you don’t show up for work at 6 a.m. when you’re supposed to be here, then it is what it is. If you do come back, you owe everyone here a huge apology…and you’ll owe Mr. Kitagawa much more than that.” I rolled my eyes and gave him a “tch” as he let go of the doors.

My mind was made up. I was tired of chasing around puppies and making a fool of myself on television. I, Aiba Masaki, have just quit Arashi and everything that comes with it.