Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Latest drama, film, CD/DVD and concert news.

Moderator: jessica

Forum rules
No rumours allowed. Post only news from reliable and legitimate sources here.

IMPORTANT: Post links or URLs of OFFICIAL news sources, NOT YOUR PERSONAL WEBSITES OR BLOGS OR ANY THAT INVOLVES AFFILIATE LINKS.

When starting a new thread, tag properly and accordingly, whether it's a DRAMA, ALBUM, MOVIE, PLAY, MAGAZINE, BOOK, or OTHERS. For example:

[ALBUM] - album title
[DRAMA] - title of drama
User avatar
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder
Posts: 1889
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 am

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:50 pm

JudasFm wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:17 am
I hope making a post like this is okay (I couldn't find anything in the rules to say it wasn't, and it's from Johnny's web, which is about as official a source as it gets).

This is fine. Thank you so much for posting it :)


pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:30 am
iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:50 pm
I love how mature everyone here is :) No unnecessary drama.
Well, isn't it kind of in the rules to...not do that? Just sayin'. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
:D
User avatar
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by JudasFm » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:59 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:50 pm


This is fine. Thank you so much for posting it :)
No problem :) I think Sho might comment about it in his blog as well, but I won't know for a week or so (Jun updates round about the end of every month. Sho updates every month, precisely on the 15th. I know this because, being Sho, he always takes care to properly write the date at the end XD )
User avatar
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:49 am

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 pm

I'm going to miss seeing Sho's posts in English after this month, as well as everyone else's. Maybe I can still hope and that people will translate them anyway.
User avatar
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by JudasFm » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:03 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 pm
I'm going to miss seeing Sho's posts in English after this month, as well as everyone else's. Maybe I can still hope and that people will translate them anyway.
I don't know how the rules stand on this, but if it's not a violation then I'd be happy to post Sho and Jun's blog entries on this forum as they come :)
User avatar
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:49 am

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:05 am

JudasFm wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:03 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 pm
I'm going to miss seeing Sho's posts in English after this month, as well as everyone else's. Maybe I can still hope and that people will translate them anyway.
I don't know how the rules stand on this, but if it's not a violation then I'd be happy to post Sho and Jun's blog entries on this forum as they come :)
Man, I should have asked this months ago!! If you still have any past entries from Sho, could you send them to me?
User avatar
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder
Posts: 1889
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 am

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:48 pm

^ I have given permission to post those blog entries :)
User avatar
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:11 am

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by Nightshadow » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:21 pm

So, I got it right when I thought Ohno had started this. That about as far as my feeling of triumph goes.

Reading all that Judas posted, I honestly think they are breaking up. I dunno, I get that feeling except from Aiba. Like he is believing they'll come back. I kind of feel Nino is in shock and that he accepted because he cares about the members, hence, the way he put it into words. But particularly from Jun's Enjoy post, I think they are disbanding. I obviously still respect their opinion, I still wish them the best, and I'm hoping they perform in the Olympics and that they re-release their albums. That would be really awesome for us fans that don't have all their albums, and it would still make money for the jimusho. I hope they give us an awesome last album, so that they go out with the biggest blast possible. ^_^

I hope I'm proven wrong and they return in some way or another. :)
User avatar
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:49 am

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:27 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:48 pm
^ I have given permission to post those blog entries :)
Yay! I wondered if we could start threads of their posts! I was surprised to see Sho's in English this month. I guess them saying they're stopping them in February means after February they won't anymore.
Nightshadow wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:21 pm
So, I got it right when I thought Ohno had started this. That about as far as my feeling of triumph goes.

Reading all that Judas posted, I honestly think they are breaking up. I dunno, I get that feeling except from Aiba. Like he is believing they'll come back. I kind of feel Nino is in shock and that he accepted because he cares about the members, hence, the way he put it into words. But particularly from Jun's Enjoy post, I think they are disbanding. I obviously still respect their opinion, I still wish them the best, and I'm hoping they perform in the Olympics and that they re-release their albums. That would be really awesome for us fans that don't have all their albums, and it would still make money for the jimusho. I hope they give us an awesome last album, so that they go out with the biggest blast possible. ^_^

I hope I'm proven wrong and they return in some way or another. :)
No offense, but I hope you're wrong. :3
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:31 am

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by yruvian » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:44 am

I'm not giving up hope that they'll be back at some time either, but the most important thing for them is to be as happy as they've made us.

From Sho's News Zero interview it seems he too is hoping for a comeback, so it's not just Aiba.
Post Reply