Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Latest drama, film, CD/DVD and concert news.

Moderator: jessica

Forum rules
No rumours allowed. Post only news from reliable and legitimate sources here.

IMPORTANT: Post links or URLs of OFFICIAL news sources, NOT YOUR PERSONAL WEBSITES OR BLOGS OR ANY THAT INVOLVES AFFILIATE LINKS.

When starting a new thread, tag properly and accordingly, whether it's a DRAMA, ALBUM, MOVIE, PLAY, MAGAZINE, BOOK, or OTHERS. For example:

[ALBUM] - album title
[DRAMA] - title of drama
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: Arashi to suspend activities in Dec 2020

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:59 pm

I just wanna see Gackt in VSA before Arashi goes on hiatus :D
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:12 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:59 pm
I just wanna see Gackt in VSA before Arashi goes on hiatus :D
That would be a nice reunion! I loved the episode he guested in. Arashi seemed to fanboy all over him. XD
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:37 pm

yruvian wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:37 pm
It's going to be the start of the dark age... I've tried checking out other JE groups (again in some cases) since the news was announced, but I haven't found a single one that gives me the same feel. There's always something missing... I was only looking for someone to follow during the hiatus, but even that turned out near impossible.

I hope my collection of footage and music will be able to tide me over until their return.
I've never liked any other JE group either. I like some songs, but even so, very few. Rescue by Kattun is a song I love. But there isn't another band like Arashi, even music wise. I got into Arashi for the music, and it's also quite unique. Arashi is the only boy band I really like.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Even just music wise I haven't found another band either, no. Most of the others have a select few songs I like, but it's hit and miss. With Arashi I wouldn't hesitate buying an album without a single number I know (though... that would be rather impossible unless they'd all be new songs). In all of their songs I have only found three or so that I don't like.

And I also agree... having Gackt return to VSA (or Shiyagare) would be nice.
Chu_Chu
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Chu_Chu » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:44 pm

I hope they will have a meaningful time during this hiatus.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Nightshadow wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:37 pm
yruvian wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:37 pm
It's going to be the start of the dark age... I've tried checking out other JE groups (again in some cases) since the news was announced, but I haven't found a single one that gives me the same feel. There's always something missing... I was only looking for someone to follow during the hiatus, but even that turned out near impossible.

I hope my collection of footage and music will be able to tide me over until their return.
I've never liked any other JE group either. I like some songs, but even so, very few. Rescue by Kattun is a song I love. But there isn't another band like Arashi, even music wise. I got into Arashi for the music, and it's also quite unique. Arashi is the only boy band I really like.
Same here. I've been into J-pop since the early 2000s and Johnny's was never an interest until someone recommended Arashi. They're just so different. I feel like most of Johnny's are just concerned with being cool/famous/working in show business. Arashi felt natural, especially before they got really big. Some days I miss them doing silly things on their earlier shows.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:47 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 pm
They're just so different. I feel like most of Johnny's are just concerned with being cool/famous/working in show business. Arashi felt natural, especially before they got really big.
Part of me wonders if they were too nervous or possibly not too into the idea of them being a band or making it. After all, Sho, Nino and Ohno wanted to quit before they debuted. Sho even went to find a career in newscasting because he didn't think Arashi would last very long. They went through a lot of hard times in the beginning, but they made it. I think that humbled them a lot and why they can be more relatable than the other bands.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:47 pm
keioboylove wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:01 pm
They're just so different. I feel like most of Johnny's are just concerned with being cool/famous/working in show business. Arashi felt natural, especially before they got really big.
Part of me wonders if they were too nervous or possibly not too into the idea of them being a band or making it. After all, Sho, Nino and Ohno wanted to quit before they debuted. Sho even went to find a career in newscasting because he didn't think Arashi would last very long. They went through a lot of hard times in the beginning, but they made it. I think that humbled them a lot and why they can be more relatable than the other bands.
And they really value their fans. A lot of artists and famous people in general don't always appreciate their fans. Arashi really values fans, they are conscious that without us, they wouldn't be where they are now. That is really something valuable for us fans. :)
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:15 pm

Nightshadow wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 am
pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:47 pm

And they really value their fans. A lot of artists and famous people in general don't always appreciate their fans. Arashi really values fans, they are conscious that without us, they wouldn't be where they are now. That is really something valuable for us fans. :)
That is true, too. I have seen so much proof that they truly value their fans over anything else (maybe not over each other). That's why they made the announcement two years prior to the hiatus.
hoshinomi
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by hoshinomi » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:29 am

What will happen to this forum? Will it resume during the hiatus?

I have mixed feelings about this. I don't want Arashi to ever stop...but I do feel that Aiba, Jun, Nino, Ohno and Sho deserve to live lives like normal people without being slave to a schedule. This will be tough, especially as an overseas fan, but they really need the rest. No matter what, I'm a forever fan whether they're active or disbanded 💚💜💛💙
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:04 pm

I hope this place will stay alive while Arashi is on hiatus. I think the members here could see to that. My activity probably won't stop, but it might dwindle. There's no telling, but I'm not stopping. I want to keep up with what the boys are doing during their hiatus. For instance, Sho will still have his Yakai show, Aiba will still have his, and so will Nino. I'm sure Jun still wants to act because he loves it so much. They just won't be affiliated with Arashi in the meantime.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:36 pm

I also hope this place will stay alive when Arashi is on break.