[OTHER] ARASHI's Diary -Voyage- on Netflix

Latest drama, film, CD/DVD and concert news.

Moderator: jessica

Forum rules
No rumours allowed. Post only news from reliable and legitimate sources here.

IMPORTANT: Post links or URLs of OFFICIAL news sources, NOT YOUR PERSONAL WEBSITES OR BLOGS OR ANY THAT INVOLVES AFFILIATE LINKS.

When starting a new thread, tag properly and accordingly, whether it's a DRAMA, ALBUM, MOVIE, PLAY, MAGAZINE, BOOK, or OTHERS. For example:

[ALBUM] - album title
[DRAMA] - title of drama
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

[OTHER] ARASHI's Diary -Voyage- on Netflix

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:57 pm

More Arashi for you all :D

An original Netflix documentary series named "ARASHI's Diary -Voyage-" premieres globally on Dec 31, 2019. The documentary will follow Arashi until their hiatus (Dec 31, 2020). (source: Netflix)

Check the trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5TPrfCSwM4
zakuramz
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re: [OTHER] ARASHI's Diary -Voyage- on Netflix

Post by zakuramz » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:44 pm

I really want to watch this but i don't have netflix :'(
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Already have it on notify. I found it on Youtube first and thought it would just be Netflix Japan... but it's worldwide.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:29 pm

I saw this and said, "Okay, I DEFINITELY need to get my internet back now!!". Also, I'm getting a sinking feeling about this documentary. Is anyone else feeling this way, or is it just me?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:42 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:29 pm
I saw this and said, "Okay, I DEFINITELY need to get my internet back now!!". Also, I'm getting a sinking feeling about this documentary. Is anyone else feeling this way, or is it just me?
I have a feeling that the last few episodes are gonna be tough ones to watch.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Well... Netflix's trailer says it's the last documentary about Arashi, though I won't believe that unless the boys say so themselves. I still believe the hiatus is only a temporary thing.
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:02 am

I watched the first episode today.
I found it a little choppy in the editing. If I weren't already a fan, and familiar with the events they were showing I think I'd have been very confused by the beginning of it.
I'm interested to see how the rest of it goes as the episodes come out.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:22 am

The beginning was a bit choppy to me, too. I think what they were trying to do was introduce Arashi to a new audience and that was the best they could come up with. They needed a quick way to show how long Arashi has been around and how successful they have been. Kind of boring to long time fans, but it got the point across. Did any of it seem sad to you? I felt a lot of grief come from the guys during their small individual interviews.
TrishyG
Johnny's Jr

Post by TrishyG » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:51 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:22 am
The beginning was a bit choppy to me, too. I think what they were trying to do was introduce Arashi to a new audience and that was the best they could come up with. They needed a quick way to show how long Arashi has been around and how successful they have been. Kind of boring to long time fans, but it got the point across. Did any of it seem sad to you? I felt a lot of grief come from the guys during their small individual interviews.
I agree! The first few minutes really had a very unsteady, vomit-cam feel to it. I was relieved when it smoothed out and camera work became more settled. We got some really interesting close ups on the guys looking comtemplative- if not haunted. It was quite compelling.

FYI I live on the East coast in USA and I was able to watch the episode Tuesday at 4:30AM EST.

yruvian wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:22 pm
Well... Netflix's trailer says it's the last documentary about Arashi, though I won't believe that unless the boys say so themselves. I still believe the hiatus is only a temporary thing.
The Netflix language in their press release and advertisements in english is very terminal. It presumes a lot about future plans that can't be known. I find this more annoying than anything, as it is extremely unlikely that this will even be the last Arashi documentary. The guys may very well never agree to be filmed and followed this invasively again, but that is clearly not the only way to construct a documentary. It is merely the way Netflix is executing their documentary focusing on this milestone year. I know it is just hype to frame the series to draw interest from viewers who are not fans, but really it's too much.
I grew up in watching MTV, E!, and VH1 when they really aired a lot of documentary footage of iconic bands and artists from the 60's through 90's. I didn't know most of the music first-hand, but I grew to love this kind of biopic infotainment television. Who can ever forget that series "Behind the Music?" The most interesting episodes were those constructed well after the artists had ceased being popular or when artists were experiencing revival, regrouping, anthologizing or heading back out on tour. I think certainly there will also be other interpretations of Arashi's group work, dynamic and impact presented in documentary form as they evolve past this moment of iconic popularity and impending burnout.
Last edited by iheartaiba on Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No double/triple/etc. posting.
sandreen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by sandreen » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Man, I watched this on Netflix the moment it came out on New Year's Eve, and well, that was a mistake, lol. I just felt down afterwards and my New Year's mood totally dissipated. I should've mentally prepared myself more from the trailer but still, I didn't expect it.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:05 am

I also watched in on New Year's Eve... and their discomfort/hurt was obvious. I didn't tear up, but I got close.
LateArashifan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by LateArashifan » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:58 pm

I teared up. It felt like the raw-est I had seen them. When Jun said what he did, I just lost it. Sho felt like he was angry, or had been angry. And Aiba seemed resigned to it but not really wanting the hiatus.
And to me it feels like they might not come back after a hiatus, at least OHchan doesn't seem like he wants to. But I could be reading too much into it, it's only the first ep so far.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm

I feel bad that I still haven't watched it. Rl has been bad.
castorpollux10
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by castorpollux10 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:33 am

I teared up, while watching it. I’m not ready to let go.
xbabymoonlightx
Johnny's Jr

Post by xbabymoonlightx » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:20 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm
sameeeee I mean I have watch it but his eyes were were empty ;_; I cried a lot.. it's hard to think that they will be no more as five but it's even more harder to see all this..

do anybody know when the next part will be out?
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:59 pm

xbabymoonlightx wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:20 pm
iheartaiba wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:53 pm
do anybody know when the next part will be out?
They are releasing one episode per month, so we should get another one by the end of January.