Did you ever move from one member to the other?

Talk about the Fab Five here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Forum rules
Only Arashi discussions without polls or tests. Posts with polls etc. belong to Yes? No?.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:49 pm

alohakazunari wrote: I was Jun-baited but after a little over two months, Nino started creeping his way up into my bias list and probably slept there or something haha. I think Nino would be my ultimate bias forever.
QuiQui wrote: I have to admit, watching different memebers in dramas affects me a whole lot. After I watched "Kazoku game" it was Sho all the way. When I watched "Kimi wa pet" all I could think about was Jun. When I watched "My girl" I noticed Aiba had perfect lips. It all depends on which drama I'm watching.

However there is always one member lingering in the background who is absolutely my favourite one, no matter what: Ohno. He was the one who got me interested in Arashi and still the one who I like the most.

And then there is one character whom I just can't fall for: Nino. Reason being the fact that he looks exactly like my friend. They could be twins. After adorable Ohno the first thing about Arashi I noticed this guy who looks awfully familiar.. So for me Nino is a big no-no. I mean I like his character and quirky comments (did I mention that my friend is a little brat as well? big grin) and Arashi wouldn't be anything without him, but I just can't see myself falling for him.
valiente wrote: At least I know I'm not the only one! :) I was accused of not being able to make up my mind. Hahah. But I think it has to do with their personalities. When I first learned about Arashi, it was because of watching Gokusen and HYD. That time, Jun wasn't really my favorite but after knowing Arashi in general, this led me to watch Yamada Taro Monogatari since both Nino and Sho were there. At that time, Sho became my favorite probably because I liked his character in the show. Then again, it is a bit different from the Sho I see in the variety shows. The more shows I watched (mostly VSA, AnS, HnA), my favorite became Ohno for several reasons: 1. Singing, 2. Dancing, 3. His seemingly apathetic view of things, and generally, his disposition. But watching more and more of their variety shows, I gravitated towards Nino due to his snarky attitude and mostly because he makes me laugh the most of all of them. His magic is cool too. :D

I guess I have to say yes, because I liked Sho the most when I saw the first Arashi videos. Sure, it didn't take many days until Aiba became my ichiban :D
mae_ai
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re: Did you ever move from one member to the other?

Post by mae_ai » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:59 pm

I also liked Sho in the beginning! I think I saw the "Touch Me Now" and the PV for Sakura Sake and thinking that he was the hottest thing on the planet but then Nino just crept up on me. :3
Last edited by mae_ai on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:23 pm

I did for like 2 seconds. I was Ohno-baited and then thought Sho was my ichiban for like a month. Around that time is when I joined LJ in 2008. That's why my name is keioboylove.
I then came to my senses and moved back to my real ichiban and have been an avid Ohno since, haha.
mjunkuns
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mjunkuns » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:43 pm

Have always been a Jun fan but J's love for the whole family makes me want to switch but it only lasts for a few seconds. But Nino & Riida probably comes close to second
Anjana
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Anjana » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:40 pm

Just at the beginning.
I was Jun-baited but a bit after, Ohno got to be my ichiban, and never has left that position till now.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Back in the days, it went:

Jun (Hanadan) ---> Sho (in late 2008) ---> Riida
Sleigh
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Sleigh » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:31 pm

I actually haven't. I discovered Arashi through Jun (Hanadan) but didn't really become a fan. It wasn't until I was watching a clip of VS Arashi (for an actor who was a guest) that Ohno caught my attention and he's been my favorite since then. I've been loyal so far. (But I've only been a fan for 8 months, so who knows)
pupilurker
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by pupilurker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:49 am

I was Jun-baited, until I watched Nino's Platina Data. After knowing more about them, Nino took my heart ever since. XD Riida and Aiba are sometimes at par with Nino. Teehee
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Ah I just realized now my u/n from the old forum hahaha. Thank you iheartaiba for quoting my post haha. Former alohakazunari, Jun-baited and now forever gonna be a Nino fan
sakuradropps
Johnny's Jr

Post by sakuradropps » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:37 am

no never since at the beginning it was and is still Aiba, i haved never changend my ichi ban no matter wich boygroup i like
spaask
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by spaask » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:55 pm

I was Jun-baited, but quickly switched to Nino when I remembered him from Letters from Iwo Jima and saw more of their variety shows. Then I had a period where I considered Sho my ichiban, but I came back to Nino. Now it is still Nino, but with Sho and Ohno both as close seconds :)
jheili
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by jheili » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:34 pm

I've always been with Jun XD. My niban changes from Nino to Ohno from time to time.
yupina
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yupina » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:06 pm

I've liked Nino since the beginning although there were a few times when Jun and Ohno came too close. So my niban kind of switches from Jun to Ohno regularly.
LateArashifan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by LateArashifan » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:25 pm

I have to admit, watching different memebers in dramas affects me a whole lot. After I watched "Kazoku game" it was Sho all the way. When I watched "Kimi wa pet" all I could think about was Jun. When I watched "My girl" I noticed Aiba had perfect lips. It all depends on which drama I'm watching.
I was Ohno-baited, his face and manner just made me fall so hard. And when I found out he is a Monkey, it made sense. I am attracted to Monkeys in my real life, even married to one and my daughter is also one. I am a Rat btw.
But like Qui-Qui wrote it depends on what I have recently watched of theirs, or even heard. Like when I heard Rolling Days, Sho became so much more attractive to me. I can never get sick of that song. Kimi wa Petto made me fall for MJ (especially as I had already read the manga and I thought he totally did the character justice). When I watched Gantz, I fell for Nino. Aiba in My Girl.
But always, always Ohno will be my ichiban.
deedlitmurata
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by deedlitmurata » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:51 am

So I started as a MatsuJun fan because he was the one that brought me into the Arashi fandom, but then I met the irresistible leader who is exactly my type in every way, and the fact that he's the most talented when it comes to sing made a big difference to me, and that's how I ended up being a very loyal Ohno fan instead xD
arashinki
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by arashinki » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:35 am

Yes, my ichiban always changing, sometimes it's sho and other time it's nino. But when I watched jun's drama, I like him too. I can't really choose, so I just like all of them equally, I guess
alinnealinne
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by alinnealinne » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:52 pm

Yes, I've moved from Jun (HanaDan) to Ohno.

I love them all, and individually, though! While they are so different from each other, I like something about each member a lot. :3
Queajy
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Queajy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:57 pm

All the time, while Aiba remains the main at most of the time but I sometimes go crazy for Ma chan or Sho kun
and sometimes I like them all at the same time it's weird how big ma heart becomes smtms
Miyno11
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Miyno11 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:42 am

Unlike most i wasn't Jun baited into the fandom but i was Nino baited and haven't change since then ahhhh my cute little brat
hashiridase
Johnny's Jr

Post by hashiridase » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:32 pm

Well, I was Jun-baited into the fandom, and I was so determined he would be the one because I liked watching his dramas. The moment I watched Arashi outside of PVs, 'that handsome rapper guy' became my ichiban, I couldn't fight it. And he's stayed there ever since :) I have plenty of moments where I'm into one of the other members (I'm really into Nino right now) but Sho remains constant and unthreatened by this. I guess he's just the one and there's nothing I can do about it.