The Arashi Question Thread

Talk about the Fab Five here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Forum rules
Only Arashi discussions without polls or tests. Posts with polls etc. belong to Yes? No?.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: The Arashi Question Thread

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:12 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:03 pm
The Japanese I think measure the numbers a little differently, but I think 2.0 is like 20/20. Can someone else clear me on this?

I think Japan uses the same visual acuity scale as we do here in Finland (decimal, whereas 20/20 etc. is foot). So 20/20 is 1.0. For example Aiba's eyesight (1.5 or about 20/13.5) is very very good whereas Jun's eyesight (0.3/0.2 or around 20/80) is poor. If I remember right, my eyesight is around 0.5 (20/40).

More here:

Code: Select all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_acuity
arashinki
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by arashinki » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:19 am

I come with new question here,
Arashi have their own personality colors, like sho is red, aiba is green, and so on
When they 'officially' use it or announced about that?
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:13 pm

I read about this on an lj comm and I'm going to do my best to remember what was said. Originally their colors were different than how they are now. Sho's and Ohno's colors have stayed the same. Whereas with Jun and Aiba, their colors were kind of switched except Aiba had more of a dark pink color, almost like magenta. NIno had a yellowish-orangish color. I think they just gradually changed on shows like Arashi no Shudakai over the years or at the beginning of AniShi. I don't remember what it was that made the ultimate switch with Aiba and Jun. Maybe to get more of a rainbow effect like how rainbows tend to come after storms? I wish I could find that post. There was one person who changed their colors to what they are now and I can't remember who it was. I think it was during the 2009-2010 era. Maybe a little earlier.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:15 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:13 pm
Whereas with Jun and Aiba, their colors were kind of switched except Aiba had more of a dark pink color, almost like magenta. NIno had a yellowish-orangish color. I think they just gradually changed on shows like Arashi no Shudakai over the years or at the beginning of AniShi. I don't remember what it was that made the ultimate switch with Aiba and Jun. Maybe to get more of a rainbow effect like how rainbows tend to come after storms? I wish I could find that post. There was one person who changed their colors to what they are now and I can't remember who it was. I think it was during the 2009-2010 era. Maybe a little earlier.

It was so confusing when Aiba's font colour was purple (or magenta) and Jun's green in G no Arashi (the original Japanese subs I mean) when we were subbing those episodes. I still have these "wait a minute..." moments when I watch GnA. Doesn't really help that their costumes have "wrong" colours too.

But I can't remember when they switched their colours.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:10 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:15 am

It was so confusing when Aiba's font colour was purple (or magenta) and Jun's green in G no Arashi (the original Japanese subs I mean) when we were subbing those episodes. I still have these "wait a minute..." moments when I watch GnA. Doesn't really help that their costumes have "wrong" colours too.

But I can't remember when they switched their colours.
It was confusing for me as well, because depending on the subbers they would use purple for Jun whenever he talked, but the Japanese subs would be green, so I would be confused as to who was really talking. Not a lot of subbers did that though. I remember when I first noticed the colors were different and thought I was missing out on something.
LateArashifan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by LateArashifan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:15 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
LateArashifan wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 pm
I always wondered about Ohno's eyesight (sorry, late to the conversation), because whenever you see him painting or drawing he doesn't have any on? So does that mean he's nearsighted (can't see far). I don't know any of the technical terms or what the numbers mean, because I've never had anything to do with glasses. Still don't have to wear them at 45, so I'm doing pretty good i think. Could someone explain what the numbers mean?
To quote from this site:

https://www.aoa.org/patients-and-public/eye-and-vision-problems/glossary-of-eye-and-vision-conditions/visual-acuity
"20/20 vision is a term used to express normal visual acuity (the clarity or sharpness of vision) measured at a distance of 20 feet. If you have 20/20 vision, you can see clearly at 20 feet what should normally be seen at that distance. If you have 20/100 vision, it means that you must be as close as 20 feet to see what a person with normal vision can see at 100 feet.

Having 20/20 vision does not necessarily mean you have perfect vision. 20/20 vision only indicates the sharpness or clarity of vision at a distance. Other important vision skills, including peripheral awareness or side vision, eye coordination, depth perception, focusing ability and color vision, contribute to your overall visual ability.

Some people can see well at a distance but are unable to bring nearer objects into focus."

The Snelling chart, which is used to test sight (IDK if every country uses this or not) here:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9f/Snellen_chart.svg/1200px-Snellen_chart.svg.png
indicates how sharp your sight is. For instance, I can usually see as far as the 5th or 6th line down with my glasses on. If I feel a little adventurous, I'll try for the 7th line, but at that point the letters start morphing into other letters, like the F turning into a P. I think with my glasses off, I can't see the 4th line at all.

After nearly 12 years, my glasses are still working!

The Japanese I think measure the numbers a little differently, but I think 2.0 is like 20/20. Can someone else clear me on this?
iheartaiba wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:12 am
pknumba1 wrote:

I think Japan uses the same visual acuity scale as we do here in Finland (decimal, whereas 20/20 etc. is foot). So 20/20 is 1.0. For example Aiba's eyesight (1.5 or about 20/13.5) is very very good whereas Jun's eyesight (0.3/0.2 or around 20/80) is poor. If I remember right, my eyesight is around 0.5 (20/40).

More here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_acuity

Thank you! I appreciate the info. I found it very interesting. (you never stop learning hey?)

And on the other subject, I also found it very confusing first watching G no Arashi. I was like, how come Jun is green and Aiba purple? Did the subbers just not know? Now I know better, I'm sorry for thinking of you that way subbers!
ninoMYArashi
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by ninoMYArashi » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:22 am

The topics here intrigue me because the questions are rare :D Ummm is 'scandalous' or 'dangerous' questions allowed here? ><" Questions like do any of the members smoke, or do they support LGBT (which I am quite sure all members do though, just an example) etc.. If not I wont ask anymore haha

But for the time being, the question I would like to ask is who do you think among Arashi has the best potential to be a drama/variety producer/director? And why? In my opinion Nino would probably one of the top spot with his own show and acting skill. Though I think Aiba would bring out more unique ideas etc.. I also am curious about the member's literature skills (as in song writings / drama scripts / novels). I know Nino write songs and Sho write his own rap but has any of the other members write songs? I just wish to see the kind of story they will write after years of acting. I am sure it'll be unique :O