VS Arashi

Discuss Arashi variety shows and films. List of TV episodes.

Moderators: iheartaiba, caramia

Your favourite games?

Bank Bowling
6%
Bomber Striker
8%
Bound Hockey
2%
Cliff Climb
19%
Falling Pipe
12%
GoGo Sweeper
No votes
Jungle Bingo
7%
Kicking Sniper
16%
Korokoro Viking
3%
Kurayami Dasshutsu Game
No votes
MIX Face Battle
2%
Pinball Runner
6%
Rolling Coin Tower
8%
Shotgun Disk
4%
Other
8%

Total votes: 106
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

VS Arashi

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:41 pm

VS Arashi | VS嵐

Let's talk about VS Arashi!
I watched the latest episode (171214) yesterday. "Two-Game Match" game was a lot of fun! Cliff Climb never fails to amuse me :D

What games do you guys like/dislike? Is there someone who you'd really like to see in VS Arashi?

I'd like to see Tackey & Tsubasa in this show.

I didn't add all the games they've played to the poll, but according to my list they've played (at least):
Dual Curling, Bound Hockey, Pinball Runner, Cliff Climb, Jumping Shooter, Kicking Sniper, Bank Bowling, Korokoro Viking, Teamwork Match, Catching Bridge, Bump Sumo, Shotgun Disk, GoGo Sweeper, Falling Pipe, Balloon Shooting, Giant Crash, Rolling Coin Tower, Ultra High Speed Showdown, Stone Buster, Speed Gun Match, Jungle Bingo, Bomber Striker, Kurayami Dasshutsu Game, Popcorn Hitter, MIX Face Battle, Beta-Arashi, Who is OO!?, Kogane no Nerikin Jutsushi and Two-Game Match. And of course there's BABA Arashi.
nowh3r3
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re: VS Arashi

Post by nowh3r3 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:04 pm

I like most of the games in VS Arashi. I don't think there is any game I dislike actually. :D

I always like to watch episodes with other JE members. So I wish they would appear often. Especially Kanjani8.
Also I would love to have some episodes without any comedians. Because the comedians always steal all the attention, and I'd like to focus more on Arashi XD
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:27 pm

I like most of the games. The only one I really don't like so far has to be Dangerous Surfer. Teamwork Match and Cliff Climb are probably my top two, though it depends a lot on the episode.

I mainly voted for the ones they can be silliest in XD.

I also love the episodes with other JE members most and would love to see more of them. The interaction between other JE's and Arashi are always entertaining even though I'm not really a fan of any of the other groups XD.
tobefree0714
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by tobefree0714 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:43 am

Wow!! I haven't thought of Bank Bowling of GoGo Sweeper in ages!! I remember not liking GoGo Sweeper when they first did it, but then I started really liking it ... just about the time they stopped playing it. I wish Pinball Runner would go away I have never liked that game and usually skip it whenever they play it. I like Bomber Striker, and the "Who's a liar" is pretty amusing.

Confession: When it comes to Vs Arashi ... I usually skip over the guest team and only watch when Arashi plays unless the opposite team is someone I really like.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:13 am

tobefree0714 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:43 am
Confession: When it comes to Vs Arashi ... I usually skip over the guest team and only watch when Arashi plays unless the opposite team is someone I really like.
Me too :D Unless the game seems to be a lot of fun (like Cliff Climb usually is).

Shotgun Disk was hilarious when Ohno and Jun completely failed at passing the disks. It's one of my favourite games.

My favourite VSA episode is probably the one with tokusatsu actors (2015.06.25). All actor + Hokuto Akira as plus one was perfect (didn't care about Suzuki Nana... :x).
daiana05
Johnny's Jr

Post by daiana05 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:37 pm

VSA is my favourite Arashi show but I think I'm already tired to see comedians as plus guests. I wish the production staff could do better. Well, first post and complaining. I'm sorry!
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:54 pm

daiana05 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:37 pm
VSA is my favourite Arashi show but I think I'm already tired to see comedians as plus guests. I wish the production staff could do better. Well, first post and complaining. I'm sorry!
You know, I'd have to agree with this. Occasionally they'll have like a singer or something, but I'd like to see more up-and-comers or people that Arashi are fans of. That way we get to see different sides of Arashi.

My all-time favorite game is bank bowling because of when Gackt guest-starred and gave Ohno his ring as a birthday gift. Their relationship has always been a favorite of mine, haha.
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by jxhide » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:59 pm

It’s always fun to watch Sho do cliff climb. He tries. 😊 the only game I don’t like is rolling coin tower. It’s just kinda slow watching the tower turn on the table 😂
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:10 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:54 pm
My all-time favorite game is bank bowling because of when Gackt guest-starred and gave Ohno his ring as a birthday gift. Their relationship has always been a favorite of mine, haha.
That episode was gold! (I pretend the female comedians weren't there.)
And when Gackt had to pick a person he would date or something and he chose Jun... looool
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:35 pm

I can see how the comedians can get boring after awhile, especially since if they've been there several times already, and if they've been there more than once in a year. Maybe they should do other types of famous people...like famous authors? That would be something new.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:45 pm

They have comedians in every Arashi show so it does get boring quickly.

I love it when they have athletes as guests. Everyone seems to go into fanboy mode when that happens :D
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:18 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:45 pm
They have comedians in every Arashi show so it does get boring quickly.

I love it when they have athletes as guests. Everyone seems to go into fanboy mode when that happens :D
Especially Nino. XD
sandreen
Johnny's Jr

Post by sandreen » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:20 am

Sometimes a lot of the time I don't really get the humor of Japan's comedians. Personally I wish they'd get more stage play people as guests, and not just the ones with famous TV/movie actors.

Currently, my favorite games are the Who is the liar game and the Mix Face battle. It makes me happy when I could actually guess the answer lol. The random special games they do are also pretty cool. And let's not forget the epic Matsuuumotooooo Juuuun! game lmao
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:11 pm

sandreen wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:20 am
And let's not forget the epic Matsuuumotooooo Juuuun! game lmao
Yeah, and Jun enjoyed that, too. :p
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Does anyone remember Popcorn Hitter?
That game made absolutely no sense. It was so hard it wasn't fun to watch at all. I'm glad they ditched it soon.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:26 pm

^ I've never seen it played but I do remember seeing listed as a game and not knowing what it was. Some other Arashians found video clips of them playing it and I got to see what it was. They must have played it only once or twice.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:14 am

sandreen wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:20 am
And let's not forget the epic Matsuuumotooooo Juuuun! game lmao
I seriously want this to be a reoccurring game. Please, I need more King MJ on a throne lmao
sandreen
Johnny's Jr

Post by sandreen » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:33 am

I want them to make a guest team filled with Jun's old high school juniors and play that game again. All hail the King! XD

Unfortunately he's no match for the God lol
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:35 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:26 pm
^ I've never seen it played but I do remember seeing listed as a game and not knowing what it was. Some other Arashians found video clips of them playing it and I got to see what it was. They must have played it only once or twice.
I think you're right. I've only seen them play it twice in 2013. I'm glad it was only twice tbh.

keioboylove wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:14 am
I seriously want this to be a reoccurring game. Please, I need more King MJ on a throne lmao
That would be interesting :DD
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:05 am

They should make a quiz game of each of the guys. Next should be Ohno.