Arashi ni Shiyagare

Discuss Arashi variety shows and films. List of TV episodes.

Moderators: iheartaiba, caramia

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Arashi ni Shiyagare

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Arashi ni Shiyagare | 嵐にしやがれ

Do you watch AniS? Has the show got better or worse? Your favourite guests, segments, episodes?

I love the early episodes when they have just one guest (aniki). The show really focused on the guest and it was fun when people like Kikkawa Koji, Matsuoka Shuzo and Higashiyama Noriyuki ( :heart: ) were guests. Encounter the Unknown segment was awesome too.

From the current AniS I like This Is MJ and Kakurega Arashi segments. I don't like comedians as guests because I see them in every Arashi show and I don't even find them funny...
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Re: Arashi ni Shiyagare

Post by jxhide » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Since I don’t speak Japanese well sometimes the Gourmet death match and Memorial hall? episodes are kinda hard to watch without subs. I like This is MJ and Tsukutte miyou since you usually don’t really need to know Japanese to enjoy it. It’s fun too see Jun do these cool stunts. Really impressed with how skilled he is. Can’t wait for Sho in the upcoming episode.

As for Ohno’s corner... please no more cooking. Loved it when he was making pans and hats. Did they just run out of ideas for stuff for him to make? Still think they should change it Ohno dance corner. 🕺🏻

Kinda agree about the comedians. If they’re doing skits with Arashi then they can be pretty funny. 😆
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:19 am

Recent AniShi is good and I watch it, but I really miss the old format of the Aniki guests and "funky girls come on!" XD :heart:
sandreen
Johnny's Jr

Post by sandreen » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:44 am

The Kinenkan corner can die tbh. :P Also I can't believe the Perfect Body guy came to Shiyagare! I wish Sho was there to do his impression again. XD

Also, @pknumba1. I think I remember you asking in the old forums about the naked guy with the tray. He's Akira 100percent, and his shtick is that you won't see his junk no matter what stunt he does. It's always a bit of a thrill to watch him since he might slip and the tray covering his junk might fall. I think he also came on to Abunai Yakai when they still had Bunny Girls? I vaguely remember Sho pointing out how though the audience didn't see his junk, the bunny girls who were sitting behind Akira certainly did. XD
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:31 pm

sandreen wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:44 am
The Kinenkan corner can die tbh. :P
XD
You really dislike that part, don't you :D

I wish they came up with something new already. Maybe for 2018? Just don't touch This Is MJ.
pknumba1
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:04 pm

sandreen wrote:
Also, @pknumba1. I think I remember you asking in the old forums about the naked guy with the tray. He's Akira 100percent, and his shtick is that you won't see his junk no matter what stunt he does. It's always a bit of a thrill to watch him since he might slip and the tray covering his junk might fall. I think he also came on to Abunai Yakai when they still had Bunny Girls? I vaguely remember Sho pointing out how though the audience didn't see his junk, the bunny girls who were sitting behind Akira certainly did. XD
I did mention him from the old forum. I'm glad I caught on to his gig right away, because otherwise just...why?

I just want to point out that I love show Sho-kun thinks. Always seeing other people and thinking of others. XD

The Kinenkan corner I think had a bad first guest. It depends on who's in it. Mada Suuki was a good guest. There was a female guest on there who I like and I watched the whole segment for that. Apparently, if you don't like the guest and you don't get Japanese, the Kinenkan corner can get really boring really fast. I wonder who's bright idea it was. I thought AniShi did a bunch of stuff as a group and not do a talk show thing with an obnoxious actor for a solid 15 minutes.

I miss all of their corners, too. I miss Sho's and Ohno's the most because I feel like those aren't on anymore. Kinenkan takes up too much time.
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by jxhide » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:10 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:04 pm
sandreen wrote:
[/quote

I did mention him from the old forum. I'm glad I caught on to his gig right away, because otherwise just...why?

I just want to point out that I love show Sho-kun thinks. Always seeing other people and thinking of others. XD

The Kinenkan corner I think had a bad first guest. It depends on who's in it. Mada Suuki was a good guest. There was a female guest on there who I like and I watched the whole segment for that. Apparently, if you don't like the guest and you don't get Japanese, the Kinenkan corner can get really boring really fast. I wonder who's bright idea it was. I thought AniShi did a bunch of stuff as a group and not do a talk show thing with an obnoxious actor for a solid 15 minutes.

I miss all of their corners, too. I miss Sho's and Ohno's the most because I feel like those aren't on anymore. Kinenkan takes up too much time.
Maybe Ohno should do Sho’s old corner with the incognito travel and we can see Sho try to make stuff might be kinda fun 😆
pknumba1
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:25 pm

jxhide wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:10 pm
Maybe Ohno should do Sho’s old corner with the incognito travel and we can see Sho try to make stuff might be kinda fun 😆
Oh that would be great! Sho would learn so much about cooking and arts and crafts, and Ohno would have a fun time meeting new people. I think it would be great for one episode if they all switched corners! Like draw straws or something. I'd like to see Nino do Jun's corner. This is KN! XD
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by jxhide » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:33 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:25 pm
jxhide wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:10 pm
Oh that would be great! Sho would learn so much about cooking and arts and crafts, and Ohno would have a fun time meeting new people. I think it would be great for one episode if they all switched corners! Like draw straws or something. I'd like to see Nino do Jun's corner. This is KN! XD
Omg I would totally love to see that! Everyone takes over someone else’s corner. This is Nino!! 😆👍
nowh3r3
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by nowh3r3 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm

jxhide wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:33 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:25 pm

Omg I would totally love to see that! Everyone takes over someone else’s corner. This is Nino!! 😆👍
That's a great idea, I would LOVE to watch this!!
You should send a message to the TV producers or something XD
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by jxhide » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 pm

nowh3r3 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm
jxhide wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:33 pm

Maybe if I knew how to ask I’m Japanese. Do they really read messages I wonder? The upcoming calligraphy one looks good though!❤️
pknumba1
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:08 pm

jxhide wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 pm
nowh3r3 wrote:

Maybe if I knew how to ask I’m Japanese. Do they really read messages I wonder? The upcoming calligraphy one looks good though!❤️
I wonder if they do that for the show. I know they did for their Shudukai episodes, so I wonder if Anishi does the same thing. They should all switch for an April Fool's thing, but I don't think Japan does April Fool's.
nowh3r3
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by nowh3r3 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:03 pm

jxhide wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 pm
nowh3r3 wrote:

I think they read some messages at least... for example, when Sho started the travel segment, he asked people to send recommendations about places to visit. Also during Death Match they have sometimes read a message sent by a viewer..
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:34 pm

I think the New Year's SP had a good segments - and guests. That calligraphy segment was quite amazing!
pknumba1
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:54 pm

This year's New Year episode was a bit better than last year's in my opinion.
arashinki
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by arashinki » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:42 am

Sometimes I watch it, especially if they have this is MJ segment. But I prefer the old format, with aniki guest and they learn something from the guest
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:20 pm

arashinki wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:42 am
Sometimes I watch it, especially if they have this is MJ segment. But I prefer the old format, with aniki guest and they learn something from the guest

I recently watched some older AniS episodes and gosh how I miss Encounter the Unknown segment.

Overall, I think the old format was a bit more... cozy? The current format always has so much going on. And tbh I think they should change the stage because it's too dark.
pknumba1
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:30 pm

I've seen a few of the old AniShi episodes too and they indeed look much simpler and more cozy. I thought they were more entertaining. Do you won't catch them playing hide and seek with the guest anymore! I also liked the segment of having people in the audience who have a certain job and Arashi asks them questions about it.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:52 pm

The last episode with Takashima Chisako as a guest was a little bit better than some other previous episodes. But she's a fun person anyway :)
pknumba1
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE
PIKA★★NCHI DOUBLE

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:55 pm

I think she's fun and talented. She definitely has a sense of humor, and the guys seem to like her a lot. She's not a fuddy-duddy. XD My favorite part was when she played You Raise Me Up. That song is pretty much overplayed for me, and it was sang at my high school graduation. Arashi didn't know the song at all, which shocked me a bit. I know it's Japan, but I figured since the song is so popular, they would have heard some version of it anyway. Sho was cute repeating the title after she said it. "You...Raise Me Up?"