Arashi Drama Recommendations

Discuss Arashi variety shows and films. List of TV episodes.

Moderators: iheartaiba, caramia

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Arashi Drama Recommendations

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:05 pm

MagiCraft wrote: [...] I wanted to find out which dramas with Arashi member casts, you would recommend? It doesn't have to be limited to just one, but what are your favourites out of the ones you've watched and why? Was it something you would have chosen to watch even without the Arashi influence, or would you have let it slide otherwise?

For me, because I am still catching up with recent dramas, my list is quite short:

Yoiko no Mikata:
Because I am a total sucker for cute little kids. I actually watched this as the first drama I actively looked for in the Arashi fandom. as in, I'd seen Gokusen and Bambino without knowing about Arashi, but while learning about them, saw the synopsis for Yoiko no Mikata, and thought Oh, that sounds like my sort of thing!.

My Girl:
Again, my weakness for small children made this a no brainer. I was going to love this drama even if they hadn't cast Aiba in the lead role.

Minami-kun no Koibito:
This one surprised me. By the time I watched this, I'd gotten used to the tropes often used by j-dramas (especially romances), and expected more of the same. But this is so cute, without being... frustrating. Technically also involves a cute, miniature human....

I recommend all Nino's drama SPs. I love how he takes challenging roles and delivers perfectness. I can't even pick my favourite drama SP of his 'cause they are all great.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Re: Arashi Drama Recommendations

Post by kantanaamaya » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:03 pm

I second My Girl! I wasn't really a big Aiba fan at the time so I was watching it a bit more objectively, and it was so good. <3 My view on Aiba has also drastically changed since then lol.

Maou was really good for me. I love detective/crime dramas so it was the type of show I would have watched regardless!

Freeter, Ie wo Kau I enjoyed a lot as well. I was only gonna watch it because of Nino, but it was much better than I thought. More emotional than I expected it to be.
ShoKitten
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by ShoKitten » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:34 pm

^ Maou was definitely one of the more ambitious dramas with an Arashi member in them and I absolutely loved it. It was dark, tense and gorgeous.

Hana Yori Dango is an obvious one but worthy of mention - just a quality drama overall and tugs at the heartstrings without being too heavy; The Quiz Show 2 was very well-done and captivating; and Yamada Tarou Monogatari was so warm and lovely.

I need to catch up on the more recent ones the boys have done, but those four really left an impression.
Draco_Rattus
Johnny's Jr

Post by Draco_Rattus » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:41 am

In my opinion the best dramas I have watched so far for each member are:

Kazoku Game (Sho): Kazoku Game is full of so many twists and turns, and Sho gives such a good performance as a scheming, manipulative tutor! I also loved Ryunosuke Kamiki in this drama as the eldest son of the family. They played off against each other really well, the chemistry between them was so good as they tried to outwit each other.

99.9% (Jun): Jun's character is deceptively cute and light-hearted but he's capable of untangling the mysteries of each case. And his puns are great!

Yamada Taro Monogatari (Nino and Sho): It's a really lovely story and funny too. I love the friendship between Nino's character and Sho's character and the overall plot was very touching and sweet.

Kizoku Tantei (Aiba): Aiba's character solves a different case each episode, and I love how his household staff assist him in presenting the evidence! This drama has some twists and surprises too. I also really like Takei Emi and she is very good in this.

Kagi no Kakatta Heya (Ohno): Lots of people like Maou, but I actually preferred Ohno in this drama. His character is quiet and reserved but has his own secrets, calmly solving the locked room mystery of each episode whilst infuriating the detectives he is working with.
mikachan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by mikachan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:27 pm

My favourite dramas for each members are
Ohno: Kagi no kakatta Heya, Uta no Onii-san
Sho: Tokujou Kabachi!!, Kazoku Game, Nazotoki ha Dinner no ato de
Aiba: My Girl, Miracle
Nino: Ryuusei no Kizuna, Freeter Ie wo kau
Jun: Hana yori Dango, 99.9% Keiji Senmon Bengoshi
All members: Saigo no Yakusoku

It's hard to say which I love the most. I mostly watch the ones above once a year, mixed with some others I love... I guess I have too much free time? XD
inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by inutrasha94 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Uta no onii-san revolutionized my life and so did Ryuusei no Kizuna.

Honestly after all these years I still haven't watched Maou because I'm scared haha. Truth is probably one of my fav songs but seeing Riidaa be brutal like that would wreck me XD
roses12
Johnny's Jr

Post by roses12 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:00 pm

There were so many good dramas that the Arashi members were a part of. Here a few good ones that I've seen, yet still more to watch....
Ohno - Kagi no Kakatta Heya...enjoyed the cast chemistry and fun to watch. Plus I really like Face Down. Shinigami-kun... wasn't sure what to expect on this one and maybe that's why it turned out better than expected.... very touching in every episode
Sho - Kazoku Game.... oh my goodness.....probably Sho's best acting in my opinion, although at times hard to watch him being so cruel. Nazotoki wa Dinner no ato de... loved his chemistry with Kitagawa Keiko and loved the different mysteries every week.
Aiba - My Girl.... cute girl and Aiba.... binged watched this with my mom.... we both enjoyed it. Mikeneko no Holmes Suiri....wasn't expecting much, but it turned out to be a really good series. Enjoyed the familial relationship in show with Aiba, Fujiki Naohito, and Oomasa Aya. Yokoso, Wagaya e.... probably my fave Aiba drama.... mystery that kept me interested all the way through...
Nino - Ryuusei no Kizuna....based on Higashino novel... soooo good.... mystery and humor. Freeter, ie wo Kau....good story.... enjoyed the touching moments with Nino and his "mom", great theme songs, although Nino and Karina didn't match too much in my opinion.
Jun - Hana Yori Dango... no explanation necessary....every j-drama fan needs to watch this. Lucky Seven.... Jun and Eita... enough said.... such a fun drama to watch.
Yamada Taro Monogatari Sho and Nino together with Tabe Mikako.... so fun to watch
Stulti
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Stulti » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:00 pm

My favourites :

Maou: well that is kind of a given. I never thought Oh-chan could pull such a role of but damn that drama was so intense and had me at the edge of my seat
The Quiz Show 2009: I cried so much while watching that. and I really liked the suspense
Kazoku Game: Sho really scared me in some scenes....
My Girl: just because it was the first drama I ever watched while it was still airing, which meant one new episode each week.
Hanadan for obvious reasons
Ryuusei no Kizuna: so funny while so interesting
Kimi wa petto (tried watching the remake but nope) it has to be Koyuki and Matsujun.

I'd like to have Nino in some darker roles in the future, but recently I didn't like his dramas that much... (haven't finished black pean, so I'm not judging that yet, but the first 3 episodes are kind of repetitive...)