Has Arashi made you a happier person?

Talk about the Fab Five here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Forum rules
Only Arashi discussions without polls or tests. Posts with polls etc. belong to Yes? No?.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:04 am

lavenderuby wrote: Now that I stop and think about it, I guess they have. I also used to listen to a lot of (now that I reaaally think about it) rather depressing music, which probably didn't really help anything. lol
But I definitely feel a lot happier listening to Arashi and other JE groups as well. I agree with Dawn above, watching their shows and performances and listening to their songs never fails to cheer me up if I'm ever a bit upset. And just seeing how hard all the members always work also motivates me to work harder at whatever I'm doing too. (Honestly, I think I would've given on Japanese and would be lying on the ground sobbing if it weren't for the fact that I'm determined to understand what is Arashi are saying during their shows/interviews etc. haha)
majidekita wrote: I don't know if I can say that I'm a happier person because of Arashi. However, I can say that after a long day or when I'm sad, watching Arashi lifts my spirit. So they do bring happiness...but I don't know if my personality has changed. I feel that I've always been the same person. But know I have Arashi to recharge and be a place of comfort and happiness.
nejisorariku wrote: Definitely. 100% yes. I used to really worry so much about things. I usually get depressed easily. No one knows about it because I usually don't open up to people even to my closest friends, but now whenever I feel down I just try to sing and listen to their upbeat and positive songs (Sakura sake, Fight song, Energy song etc.) and then I'll remember to stop worrying, and to just do my best and look forward.

Really, this is also one of the reasons why I really really love them. Their positivity is infectious. (Hello Mr. Sunshine, Aiba Masaki) Their determination and passion are inspiring and they just really make me feel better.

I don't think Arashi has made me a happier person. However, I think they are one of the few reasons why I'm still here. I battle with a severe depression and when life starts getting too hard Aibakaland and memories connected to certain songs keep me going.
pastelpenguin
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re: Has Arashi made you a happier person?

Post by pastelpenguin » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:36 pm

I also experienced something similar. It was around early 2008 when I literally became a shut-in. I was depressed and had social anxiety. I never went to a doctor though, because my mother (who I was living with at the time) wasn't convinced and just brushed it off as me rebelling. Then I encountered Arashi's variety shows. Which made things bearable and eventually listened to their music. I think that's when I started to feel better. Reading the translations of their songs helped me; I gained the courage to start anew, flew off to live with my father and was happy with my decision. So whenever I start to get anxious, I always listen to their songs to steel my nerves.
nowh3r3
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by nowh3r3 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:07 pm

I wouldn't say Arashi has made me a happier person, but watching Arashi videos has definitely helped me get through some bad times. Because they cheer me up and watching their videos allows me to stop thinking about my real life.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:15 pm

Similarly to folks above and many other fans, I found Arashi during a time of serious depression. I was at a very low point in life, not wanting to live anymore, when I saw Yamada Taro Monogatari. The message really stuck with me, and the lyrics to Happiness. That really picked me up and inspired me to keep going. I still struggle sometimes, but Arashi always helps. Arashi inspired my first tattoo as well, because of that! I may not have been there without them, so I'm very grateful.

So TL;DR, I'd say they make me happy, and have made me a little bit happier as a person.
aochan167
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by aochan167 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:26 pm

Always.. When I watching Arashi and listening Arashi song.