[FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Moderator: arashianelf

Post Reply
User avatar
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 am

[FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:44 pm

Image

Shinobi no Kuni | 忍びの国 | Mumon: The Land of Stealth


Synopsis:
Arashi's Ohno Satoshi makes his period film debut as a Sengoku-era ninja in Mumon: The Land of Stealth, the live-action adaptation of Wada Ryo's novel Shinobi no Kuni. The film reteams Ohno with director Nakamura Yoshihiro six years after Kaibutsu-Kun. Mumon: The Land of Stealth revolves around the battle between the storied ninjas of Iga Province and Oda Nobunaga's forces in the late 16th century. In 1579, Oda Nobunaga's son Oda Nobukatsu led an army of 8,000 in an attack against the Iga, but the outnumbered ninja clan successfully repelled Oda's army with their superior fighting skills and battlefield prowess.

Ohno takes on the fictional role of Mumon, a seemingly lazy and unmotivated ninja who actually harbors great powers that are unleashed in times of battle. Hey! Say! JUMP member Chinen Yuri (The Gold Medal Man) plays Oda Nobukatsu. The period action epic also co-stars Ishihara Satomi, Suzuki Ryohei, Kunimura Jun and Iseya Yusuke. -YesAsia


Cast:
Ohno Satoshi as Mumon
Ishihara Satomi as Okuni
Suzuki Ryohei as Shimoyama Heibee
Iseya Yusuke as Heki Daizen
Chinen Yuri as Oda Nobukatsu
Taira Yuna as Kitabatake Rin
Sports Makita as Nagano Sakyonosuke
Tatekawa Danshun as Momoji Sandayu
Kunimura Jun as Kitabatake Tomonori
Denden - Shimoyama Kai

Code: Select all

Official website:
http://www.shinobinokuni.jp

Trailers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqtuZPbjizc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-V-hL4sCAw



Blu-ray and DVD will be released 2018.02.02! There will be several versions (blu-ray/dvd memorial box, blu-ray/dvd limited edition, blu-ray/dvd regular edition). Unfortunately Japanese editions won't have English subtitles (according to CDJapan).

This looks so good I think I will buy it :D Did someone already see the film?
User avatar
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by jxhide » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:49 am

Haven’t seen it yet. Keeping hoping it’ll show in the US. I will be in Japan when it’s released. Anyone know if I can buy the Memorial box set at Tsutaya or Towerrecords or if I have to preorder?
User avatar
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:55 am

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by keioboylove » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:03 pm

Ugh, I was really hoping since they had it at the Toronto Film Festival it would come subtitled. I really hope they'll either have an international release or some amazing subbing group will work on it. I could watch it without subs, but my husband doesn't understand Japanese at all. :(
User avatar
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 am

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:48 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:03 pm
Ugh, I was really hoping since they had it at the Toronto Film Festival it would come subtitled. I really hope they'll either have an international release or some amazing subbing group will work on it. I could watch it without subs, but my husband doesn't understand Japanese at all. :(

I was actually surprised when I saw that there are no English subs since it has already been subbed. Maybe there will be an international version? I hope so.

I seriously don't get why Japanese films don't usually get released with English subs. It's as if they don't even want non-Japanese speakers to see the films...
User avatar
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:55 am

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by keioboylove » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:46 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:48 pm
keioboylove wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:03 pm
Ugh, I was really hoping since they had it at the Toronto Film Festival it would come subtitled. I really hope they'll either have an international release or some amazing subbing group will work on it. I could watch it without subs, but my husband doesn't understand Japanese at all. :(

I was actually surprised when I saw that there are no English subs since it has already been subbed. Maybe there will be an international version? I hope so.

I seriously don't get why Japanese films don't usually get released with English subs. It's as if they don't even want non-Japanese speakers to see the films...
Ugh, I know. It's like, you already paid someone to subtitle it, why not add it to the DVD release as an extra? Maybe international fans or film buffs will want to purchase it. Or you know, many many Japanese people watch things subtitled in English to practice their reading skills. I had a lot of friends who did it in college. It just seems like a waste to pay a translator and not use it as much as you can.
User avatar
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by jxhide » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:53 am

keioboylove wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:46 pm
iheartaiba wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:48 pm



I was actually surprised when I saw that there are no English subs since it has already been subbed. Maybe there will be an international version? I hope so.

I seriously don't get why Japanese films don't usually get released with English subs. It's as if they don't even want non-Japanese speakers to see the films...
Ugh, I know. It's like, you already paid someone to subtitle it, why not add it to the DVD release as an extra? Maybe international fans or film buffs will want to purchase it. Or you know, many many Japanese people watch things subtitled in English to practice their reading skills. I had a lot of friends who did it in college. It just seems like a waste to pay a translator and not use it as much as you can.
Part of it might be because of region coded DVDs there might not be as much point to put the subtitle on DVDs that will mostly be seen in Japan. Obviously there are region free DVDs and Blu ray regions cover more areas including north America so who knows why really. I'm hoping that there will be a Hong Kong version of the movie which usually have English subs.
User avatar
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 am

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:26 pm

Hmm... Most DVD players these days either are region free or can be made region free. Not sure about blu-ray players, though. As for region codes, R2 is used in Japan, Europe, Middle East, Egypt, South Africa, Greenland, so in many places. Korean DVDs (R3) often feature English subs and R3 is only in Korea, Taiwan, the Philippines, Hong Kong and Indonesia.

But in this case it just feel especially weird to not release DVD/Blu-ray with English subs when the film has already been translated, as keioboylove pointed out. Yeah I'm just bitter :/ I really want this film (and at least some extras) but I prefer English subs over no subs.
User avatar
Anjana
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by Anjana » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:49 pm

I don´t understand it either. If you have subs, just use it.
With Yatterman, I had to choose between subs or extras because the Japanese version didn´t have subs and my country version didn´t have extras.
Shinobi no Kuni will be part of the Japan Foundation Touring Film in the UK so at least I will have subs there.
User avatar
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by jxhide » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:16 am

Anjana wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:49 pm
I don´t understand it either. If you have subs, just use it.
With Yatterman, I had to choose between subs or extras because the Japanese version didn´t have subs and my country version didn´t have extras.
Shinobi no Kuni will be part of the Japan Foundation Touring Film in the UK so at least I will have subs there.
I think the same point can be made for most movies. Most movies if they aren't dubbed, will have a subtitles for that country's language when it's played in theaters. But here in the USA at most you'll get Spanish and occasional French for Canada as part of North America. It becomes where should you stop with which language to include since there will be many other language subs. The best bluray in terms of language access i bought was for the Hobbit. It even had Mandarin on there. Ideally, I think at least English should be included since there are more people who understand that then other languages. Unless they know for sure there's a large outside market (like anime live action) they'll just continue catering to their region sadly.

You're right. You can buy region free DVD players but most DVDs still are coded per region for a reason. Blu ray codes is same for Japan and USA at least, so if not, I'll just end up buying Japanese version of Shinobi no kuni. XD
User avatar
LateArashifan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:16 am

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by LateArashifan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:20 am

I have been waiting for this to be released, and I guess I just assumed it would have English subs because it was released in Toronto, but I guess not. Sadface. Any awesome subbers out there thinking of subbing it...eh...eh?
User avatar
Anjana
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by Anjana » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:46 pm

Today was the second time I´ve watched Shinobi no Kuni and I enjoyed it a lot. Even more than the first time because this time, I´ve watched it with subs and catched aaaaaall the gags and jokes without missing one. It´s a shame that such an entertaining and fun movie doesn´t have subs added to the DVD/BR.
User avatar
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 am

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:04 pm

I still haven't watched this film. I was going to dl it but there has been so much going on... I really wanted to buy it, but I want my expensive DVDs to have subs.
User avatar
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by JudasFm » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Oh hell yeah; I saw it twice at the movie theater. The first time I combined it with Star Wars: The Force Awakens and I had to walk home afterwards because Shinobi no Kuni finished so late that by the time I got back to Nishi-Funabashi, the last bus had gone. The second time I watched it and loved it even more, and the DVD was finally released in Japan this month, so I bought it and watched it again yesterday. I love Japanese period dramas, and having Ohno and Chinen in it just made it perfect.

I did think about subbing it for other fans, but it seems someone else has already beaten me to it, so never mind ;)
User avatar
LateArashifan
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:16 am

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by LateArashifan » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:28 pm

I did think about subbing it for other fans, but it seems someone else has already beaten me to it, so never mind ;)
They have? Is someone here doing it and I missed the news? (pls pls pls tell me it's so)
User avatar
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 am

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:59 am

LateArashifan wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:28 pm
I did think about subbing it for other fans, but it seems someone else has already beaten me to it, so never mind ;)
They have? Is someone here doing it and I missed the news? (pls pls pls tell me it's so)

It has been subbed by earth_colors. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=847
User avatar
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by JudasFm » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:28 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:59 am
It has been subbed by earth_colors. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=847
I tried taking a look just out of curiosity but it says I'm not authorized to view the forum :(
User avatar
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 am

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:08 am

JudasFm wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:28 pm
iheartaiba wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:59 am
It has been subbed by earth_colors. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=847
I tried taking a look just out of curiosity but it says I'm not authorized to view the forum :(

You need to have 15 posts in order to view the download section. But if you google earth_colors you can find their dw. They don't post videos but you can find their subs from their blog.
User avatar
JudasFm
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:10 pm

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by JudasFm » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:11 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:08 am
You need to have 15 posts in order to view the download section. But if you google earth_colors you can find their dw. They don't post videos but you can find their subs from their blog.
Has a minimum post requirement been brought back then? I thought people who met that requirement from the old boards were automatically granted access; when I applied via PM back in January, I was automatically allowed to view the subs. Not that it matters since 15 posts is very reasonable; it was just a bit of a surprise to be given access one day and have it revoked later on ;) Did I miss a post somewhere? :S
User avatar
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 am

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:19 pm

JudasFm wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:11 am
iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:08 am
You need to have 15 posts in order to view the download section. But if you google earth_colors you can find their dw. They don't post videos but you can find their subs from their blog.
Has a minimum post requirement been brought back then? I thought people who met that requirement from the old boards were automatically granted access; when I applied via PM back in January, I was automatically allowed to view the subs. Not that it matters since 15 posts is very reasonable; it was just a bit of a surprise to be given access one day and have it revoked later on ;) Did I miss a post somewhere? :S

We've had a minimum post requirement all the time, but it's true that those who had access before were automatically granted access when they contacted me. I will just copy-paste my reply from the help thread: "Even if I manually add a member to a group that can access the subs the default group seems to change when a member moves from Newly to Registered. That's because the group that can access the subs is an auto-group. That means when someone hits 15 posts they will automatically be moved to that group. It looks like when I add a member who doesn't have 15 posts the group will kick them out at some point.

If I could just copy all the settings of that auto-group I would create a mirror group. But I can't, and there are so many settings I'd rather not do it. I know this can be frustrating for our members and I'm sorry about that."

So I personally didn't touch your account settings. I'm not mean like that, giving access one day and revoking another ;) When I replied you here the last time I was on a fishing trip in the middle of nowhere, using my phone. So I'm sorry I didn't access the admin panel right away. I just checked your account settings and noticed that even though you already had 15 posts you still didn't have access to subs. I have no idea what's going on, but I gave you access again and I'll try to fix whatever is wrong with the auto group.
aochan167
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:17 pm

Re: [FILM] Shinobi no Kuni (2017)

Post by aochan167 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:26 pm

Love Ohno action scene.. He too cool..
Post Reply