Solo albums?

Talk about the Fab Five here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Forum rules
Only Arashi discussions without polls or tests. Posts with polls etc. belong to Yes? No?.
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Solo albums?

Post by jxhide » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:48 pm

Sorry slight OT. Was looking at some tweets and some fans want Ohno to have a solo album. Just wondering have other JE groups have solo member albums while still in a group and not on hiatus?
RoystonBob
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re: Solo albums?

Post by RoystonBob » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Well Subaru from Kanjani8 released a solo single in 2015 "Kioku", and then a solo cover album in 2016 called "Uta". And did separate concert tours for both of those. All while regular Kanjani8 activities happened. So it's something that is definitely possible.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Yamapi released single One in a million in 7/2010 and he was still in NEWS back then and that year NEWS released an album themselves (9/2010).

I highly doubt Ohno will release an album when he's still in Arashi. Single? Why not - he did release Yukai Tsukai Kaibutsu-kun (I know it's for his role but whatever). Mini album? Maybe. But a full album requires a lot of work and I don't know how he could do that while still being in Arashi 'cause the guys are busy all the time.
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by jxhide » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:50 pm

RoystonBob wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:44 pm
Well Subaru from Kanjani8 released a solo single in 2015 "Kioku", and then a solo cover album in 2016 called "Uta". And did separate concert tours for both of those. All while regular Kanjani8 activities happened. So it's something that is definitely possible.
Thank you for the info. I remember hearing about the tour but didn’t know he came out with an album too 😊
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by jxhide » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:51 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:43 pm
Yamapi released single One in a million in 7/2010 and he was still in NEWS back then and that year NEWS released an album themselves (9/2010).

I highly doubt Ohno will release an album when he's still in Arashi. Single? Why not - he did release Yukai Tsukai Kaibutsu-kun (I know it's for his role but whatever). Mini album? Maybe. But a full album requires a lot of work and I don't know how he could do that while still being in Arashi 'cause the guys are busy all the time.
For some reason I thought Yamapi had left news by then thanks for clarifying. It makes sense what you say about Ohno and an album. It’s a lot of work and promo to do on top of Arashi. Wonder what kind of songs he’d like to sing if he had one 😊
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:42 pm

It would be interesting to know what kind of songs he'd sing if he released a solo album :)
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:51 am

Didn't Ohno had a solo concert before too? But I guess having a solo album, as pointed above, is more work.
jxhide
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by jxhide » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:30 pm

kazunari wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:51 am
Didn't Ohno had a solo concert before too? But I guess having a solo album, as pointed above, is more work.
Yup he and Sho had solo concerts. Wish they’d release it on DVD/blu-ray ❤️💙
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:15 am

An album of solo songs would be nice, too. Like each member got 2-3 solo songs and that was the whole album. It would be difficult with their schedules, but as a fan it would be really cool.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:52 pm

kantanaamaya wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:15 am
An album of solo songs would be nice, too. Like each member got 2-3 solo songs and that was the whole album. It would be difficult with their schedules, but as a fan it would be really cool.

I like this idea :thumbsup:
That way they could do different kinds of solo songs.
deedlitmurata
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by deedlitmurata » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:53 am

I think an Ohno solo album would be very successful, I think he's probably the only member that would do completely well on his own due to his amazing singing ability, I still prefer the band as it is Arashi, but if Ohno ever releases something solo, I would support it and I am sure it will be amazing
Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by Mura_Kaze » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:28 pm

I think Nino will come up with this idea maybe XD He will doing a collaboration with game music composers and make compilation album which is become a game soundtrack. It'll nice and fun I think :D
Anjana
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Anjana » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:19 pm

Of course, if any of them release a solo album I will be a happy and delighted fan but... I rather have them working together in one album, with some variations and surprises, but as always, as Arashi.
Stulti
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Stulti » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:03 pm

RoystonBob wrote:
that is why I wouldn't want Oh-chan to have a solo album (though I always love his solo songs, besides bad boy what was going on there?!). with what is happening with K8 at the moment. I'm not saying it is because Subaru had a Solo-Album, but I couldn't take another group changing. I know K8 is supporting Subaru and I am too, but it still makes me sad, I asmost cried at work when I read about him leaving.
RoystonBob
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by RoystonBob » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:03 pm

Stulti wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:03 pm
RoystonBob wrote:
that is why I wouldn't want Oh-chan to have a solo album (though I always love his solo songs, besides bad boy what was going on there?!). with what is happening with K8 at the moment. I'm not saying it is because Subaru had a Solo-Album, but I couldn't take another group changing. I know K8 is supporting Subaru and I am too, but it still makes me sad, I asmost cried at work when I read about him leaving.
Oh wow I wrote that comment before all of this happened. Maybe it wouldn't be a good idea... I really don't see any Arashi member leaving anytime soon but a solo album would worry me now..
ChibaDesu
Johnny's Jr

Post by ChibaDesu » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 am

kantanaamaya wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:15 am

It would be awesome.
RoystonBob wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:03 pm
Stulti wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:03 pm

Oh wow I wrote that comment before all of this happened. Maybe it wouldn't be a good idea... I really don't see any Arashi member leaving anytime soon but a solo album would worry me now..
I doubt that Ohno will release solo album. He made a solo show in 2006 and then added a solo song that was promoted as a solo work called Kumori Nochi Kaisei (2009). The solo work he did was done before the 10th anniversary.
Then Ohno said he don't enjoy singing like he used to. As far as I know in Arashi Kai, he said he don't sing if someone don't request it for work. I love his voice, but I think is unlikely to have a bit more singing work from him. :(
I would love to have some solo work by Nino. It would be nice to have all the songs that he wrote but that have never been released on DVD or CD. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm not worried about solo work. Many Johnny's have launched solo work and belonged to the group for more than 10 years after that. Like Nagase, Kinki, K8, Yamada ...
Stulti
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Stulti » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:22 pm

uhh solo album by nino... I might be persuaded by that. I love all of ninos solo tracks, which isn't the case with the other members solos (what was going on with oh-chans bad boy?? I still don't get it...)