Anime/manga recommendations!

Talk about your favourite anime, manga, books and games here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Forum rules
Tag your topic with [ANIME], [MANGA], [BOOK] or [GAME]. For example, [ANIME/MANGA] Sailor Moon or [BOOK] Sarah J. Maas - A Court of Thorns and Roses series.

Only one topic per franchise. For example, [GAME] Final Fantasy series.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Anime/manga recommendations!

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:53 pm

What are your favourite anime series? Any manga/manhwa/manhua worth reading? Please mention the genre of the anime/manga + a few words why you like it.
Mura_Kaze
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Re: Anime/manga recommendations!

Post by Mura_Kaze » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 am

Because I'm a big fans of non-sense comedy, so this is my best 3 anime :

1. Digi Charat. Why? It's cute, scary, and random at one time :D Their outfits extreamly cute, but their behaviour is random.

2. Excel Saga. There's no other anime which in episode 1, after opening song, the main character's dead XD I really adore Mitsuishi Kotono (Excel's seiyuu), she can speak very fast without taking a breath. Like, one breath for 10 lines.

3. Gintama. This anime have randomness more than 50% XD What makes it great for me, when it comes to a serious arc, the story is very deep. I even cry a lot watched this serie.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:38 pm

I watch all kinds of anime but mainly read romance/slice of life manga.

Some anime worth watching
- Samurai Deeper Kyo: Brilliant seiyuu, interesting story, so much action!
- Silent Möbius: My favourite sci-fi anime. Girl power! This is one of those series you can pretty much watch in one go.
- Inuyasha: Yes, it took forever before Kagome and Inuyasha ended up together. That's Takahashi Rumiko for you... But I still enjoyed the anime a lot. The so-called filler episodes were quite entertaining too (ones where Kagome was in her own world/school). I like all good characters so that's extra yay.
- Prince of Stride - Alternative: If you like sports and friendship this anime might be for you. It's only 12 episodes but you can see many characters grow and relationships get deeper.
- Sword Art Online: Especially s1 and the first half of s2. If you like games and action then you may like SAO. It has a very good story and likeable main characters. It's more than just action. I actually felt the horror and pain the protagonist had to go through. It has a lot of sweet moments too (romance and friendship).

Slightly off-topic, but I really hope they turn From Maid to Mother into anime.
chixm8_49
Johnny's Jr

Post by chixm8_49 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:16 pm

As I have watched a lot of anime, I guess I'll share what I remember for now.

1. Yuri!!! On Ice. Perhaps one of the latest anime being recommended to some non-anime fans. Not only because it has attracted people due to the sport (since some real life figure skaters have also watched and recommended it) but also due to some themes being touched in the story. (Whether there is a LGBT couple or not, I'll leave it to you /coughs)

2. Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn). At the start, the female lead is your typical spoiled brat princess. But as the story progresses, her character develops into one of the female leads who had strongest character. You may find the romance a bit slow but well, at least it develops. XD

3. Gintama. Perhaps one of my favorite long run anime. Never mind the randomness of the first few episodes. Once the serious arcs kicks in, I'm pretty sure you would like it as well.

-----
Recently, I guess I've read too many isekai stories that I already forgot their titles. XD As of now, I am into stories with food as theme (Isekai Shokudou, Isekai Izakaya Nobu, Cook of the Mercenary Corp) for light reading without being stressed too much on the plot (if there is one, that is XD) or harem XD. Once in a while, I check Isekai Yakkyoku (Different World Pharmacy) as well but due to many scientific terminologies, I have to stop for the mean time. XD
inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by inutrasha94 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:04 am

I will always recommend Bungou Stray Dogs and Gangsta.

I typically only like comedies and slice of life. Those two are neither but they're def top 5 favs. They both have characters that are so deeply entangled to a point of dysfunction and honestly. Those mess me up! Friends who only have each other but kinda hate it makes me cry every time!
valiente
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by valiente » Wed May 23, 2018 6:23 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:53 pm
What are your favourite anime series? Any manga/manhwa/manhua worth reading? Please mention the genre of the anime/manga + a few words why you like it.

Currently, I am re-reading "Bartender". I don't know why... it seems simple enough and not much action since it's mostly about people's lives and drinking but somehow, I like it. I think maybe I also like how they exaggerate on the drinks and the "history" behind those drinks. But it's really nice and reading it makes me feel like going to a bar to try out those drinks except I'm in a country where the kind of alcohol they serve is limited.

Another which I would recommend "World Trigger". It's like sci-fi (aliens which they call "neighbors") or adventure. I initially wanted to say that I highly recommend this but unfortunately, due to the mangaka's health, it hasn't been updated for years. So whoever reads it and likes it will probably end up frustrated like me. TT_TT But it's interesting, a new take on aliens and it isn't the typical take-over-the-world kind of alien manga.