サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:16 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:22 am
pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:20 pm

Potholes or craters, am I right? The only problem is that nothing will be done about the holes in the roads until at least 5 people mess up their suspension and have to pay thousands of dollars to fix their cars, or have no choice but to total their cars. Sad, but true. :/

Right now the problem is ice. The streets and especially the pavements in this area aren't being ploughed or sanded (or if they are someone is doing a baaad job). They are in an especially bad condition now that our weather goes from around or above zero °C to around -15°C within a short period of time. I get that the city can't clear the streets from ice or snow every single day because this is not a city centre, but this is bad.
Oh, ice is another story. Also, don't even get me started on black ice. Sometimes in my city, it seems as if the plows just barely get out there and then the roads are covered again within 5 minutes. Like they didn't even do anything. That calls for a long day.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:05 pm

I don't know if it's because of the new antidepressant I have + going for a walk every day, but I feel like an old person 'cause I get extremely tired in the afternoon or early evening lol Like I actually have to go to bed for a while.

But the weather has been really nice here so I've gone for a 40-50 minute walk every day for about a week now. Nothing vigorous as I play PoGo at the same time.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:38 pm

I wish I could say the weather here has been nice. We got another blizzard and I hope it's the last one of the season. I'm so tired of snow. I want it to be spring already.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:18 pm

According to the weather forecast it's going to snow here all day tomorrow :/
I want to be able to wear sneakers and less clothes already.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:21 am

It's supposed to be cold here for another week. I want the warmth already.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:00 pm

It's been snowing all day and I hate looking outside. It's snowy and grey again. I like snow - in winter. Now I'm ready for spring. And I need sunny days! My headache gets so much worse when it's all grey.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:06 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:21 am
Still cold down here, too. It's April and I want sun! :crying:
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 am

keioboylove wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:06 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:21 am
We're supposed to get more snow. Northern MI is supposed to get 8-14 inches of snow on Wednesday. I hate it! This ain't spring. :crying:
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:38 pm

It was sunny and quite warm today! Love it~ But of course there is slush everywhere 'cause it snowed a lot yesterday. It should be sunny tomorrow too and on Thu & Fri it should rain. I hope it does 'cause that snow needs to go away. I wanna go for a walk without getting my shoes wet. And I'd love to start biking.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:58 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 am
keioboylove wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:06 pm

We're supposed to get more snow. Northern MI is supposed to get 8-14 inches of snow on Wednesday. I hate it! This ain't spring. :crying:
It's snowing here. Ugh I was hoping for a miracle but nope.
iheartaiba wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:38 pm
I wanna go for a walk without getting my shoes wet. And I'd love to start biking.
Biking is so fun~ Wish I had a bike again. Haven't had one since I was a teenager.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:20 am

keioboylove wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:58 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 am

It's snowing here. Ugh I was hoping for a miracle but nope.
So was I. I was watching the radar and hoping the system would miss us, but no.
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:09 am

No snow here today, but white skies. Very dreary weather... *sighs*

There's only one kind of storm I like... and only one rain man, but since neither of those will visit, I'd like the sun to peek out already. This weather is tiring. My body craves heat, my mind begs for light.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:04 pm

It's been grey all day but at least it hasn't snowed. It's gonna be the same tomorrow but in Sat the weather should be clear.

It's been about a month since I started exercising regularly (4-5 times a week + going for a walk). I've mainly done indoor biking and upper body weight lifting. So today I thought I would try an Insanity exercise. One of the "easiest" ones, Core Cardio & Balance. It's probably been over a year since I last did any kind of Insanity exercise. Oh my god, I thought I was gonna die. My legs were on fire even before the halfway point. But I didn't give up! I finished the exercise about 1.5 hours ago but my legs are still shaking lol
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:27 am

It was sunny today here, but still cold, which meant the snow still hung around. It's supposed to snow again tonight. I really miss rain. I think it's supposed to warm up and rain next week. I'm looking forward to that!
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:27 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:04 pm
It's been about a month since I started exercising regularly (4-5 times a week + going for a walk). I've mainly done indoor biking and upper body weight lifting. So today I thought I would try an Insanity exercise. One of the "easiest" ones, Core Cardio & Balance. It's probably been over a year since I last did any kind of Insanity exercise. Oh my god, I thought I was gonna die. My legs were on fire even before the halfway point. But I didn't give up! I finished the exercise about 1.5 hours ago but my legs are still shaking lol
Congrats! That's really cool that you've been exercising so consistently and that you made it through that Insanity exercise!

We had a huge power outage this week! There was a bad storm nearby and the strong wings knocked all of the power out of mine and the surrounding villages. Our power went out at 5pm on April 4th and came back up at 8pm on the 5th! And the heat wouldn't turn on because of that so it was 48F/9C inside my apartment. :crying: Luckily it came back last night but I never had a power outage that long before. I'm fortunate for that, but I freaked out at first.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:17 pm

^ Thanks!

After two rainy/snowy days we had a nice sunny day again. It wasn't that warm but it was still great. I went for a walk before midday. Then my niece came over. She's staying till tomorrow evening.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:41 pm

It's so quiet here. How is everyone doing?

My legs are dead from all the walking I've been doing lately. I've been going for a walk (as an exercise) + playing PoGo for a few hour a day 'cause it's been sunny and spending time outdoors lifts my mood and helps me with headache. Street dust is getting baaad, unfortunately. I think that and birch pollen are making me sniffle more than usually, and today when I was in the city centre I really hoped I had taken a mask with me.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:36 pm

I should go walking just to ease my stress and anxiety. It always helps. A new Planet Fitness opened in my town, but the parking lot is always full and I'm not ready to start running in front of people, even though they say they are a judgement free zone.

I went in and finished my taxes today. Most of them. I need to do my city taxes because I live in the city. It's the first time I've done them myself and since I went to a tax person myself, I'm worried about when things will take effect because I had to pay the fee. I don't have much in my account and I was so nervous about the money being there and ready for it. I also got a credit card just because I miss having a card, but I think it will help me with my finances.

Being nervous about all this has made me sleepy.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:47 pm

We don't have Planet Fitness in Finland, but from what I've read from My Fitness Pal that place is like the most judgemental gym you can find. You need to dress in a certain way, you can't make noise (like loud puffing), you can't deadlift or really use free weights because, well, noise. I think that's ridiculous. As someone who used to exercise in a gym a lot I can say people don't really pay attention to other people when they work out. I didn't always even notice that people came and went. Did I look at other people? Sure, sometimes. But it was more like looking without actually seeing. Y'know when you are tired from your exercise and you just stare blankly. I think it's only great when new people decide to join a gym :)

I don't really understand US tax system (our taxes are deducted automatically from every paycheck/benefit), but it sure does sound stressful.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:44 am

You can't make any noise while working out in the gym? That's quite strict! What kind of standards are they upholding? And if there's no deadlifting, what do they use for weights? I guess you could say the only people I really pay attention to are the guys with the nice muscles as they run on treadmills or lift weights. Not the beafy huge guys, but the nice and toned ones. Okay, I mostly admire them from afar and then go back to my own work out. I try not to let them distract me. ^_^

I think the tax system here has gotten a lot easier over the years thanks to computers. Before things had to be calculated and figured out by hand. It's nice to have machines to do most of the work for you.