Did you know about JE when you joined the fandom?

Arashi-related polls, tests and quizzes.

Moderator: iheartaiba

Forum rules
Only Arashi-related polls, tests, and quizzes are allowed here. Arashi discussions without polls or tests belong to Top Secret.

Did you know about JE?

I was already in another JE fandom before joining Arashi
27%
I knew what JE was, but I was never into any of its groups until Arashi
11%
I learned about JE when I became a fan of Arashi
59%
What's JE?
No votes
Other!
3%

Total votes: 37
ShirleyWade
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Re: Did you know about JE when you joined the fandom?

Post by ShirleyWade » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:16 pm

I didn´t know anything. In fact, I got to know Arashi via Sato Takeru when he went to VS Arashi and I don´t know why, Arashi´s member caught my attention. Then, afterwards, I guessed they belonged to JE.
Queajy
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Queajy » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:27 am

in my early days with dramas i watched Hana kimi and I was into ikuta chan so I searched him and found out he was part of JE so I kind of was conscious about the existence of it so when I watched HanaDan and searched Matsujun I found out he was part of JE and is a member of Arashi
thats when I learned about it
But I joined KAT-TUN Hyphens before joining Arashi fandom haha
Ann-Liz
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Ann-Liz » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:36 am

I discovered Arashi with Yamada Taro monogatari and the Hapiness song. With Arashi, I discovered the JE, and I realized, I had see other Johnny's in a lot of drama, but before any opening or ending song attract me.
hoshinomi
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by hoshinomi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:10 pm

I learned about JE thanks to SMAP (RIP -_-)
After that, I was into Yamapi for a brief moment and discovered Stand UP! Thanks to Nino's amazing acting and Sho's amazing rap in KyTM, I've been hooked on Arashi since.
yumichan86
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by yumichan86 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:23 pm

I did not know anything about JE until Arashi and even then it took me a few month to find out about JE.
elarasakurai
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by elarasakurai » Mon May 07, 2018 3:35 am

Was heavily into SMAP first (circa 2000 - 2005). Was there for Kimura marriage and Goro scandal. At that, did not even realize that some of my fave dramas had arashi in it (Kizarazu Cat's Eye, Handoku, Mukodono original) nor did i realize that the show i enjoyed before sata sma was arashi's show (mago mago arashi).

The left japan in late 2005 and came back 2007. Lost interest in SMAP (except for Nakai) and in the midst of stressful work no life balance found arashi no shukudai-kun (the first one was likely the one with Eikura Nana), still did no know who the heck arashi was. The yamada taro found me . . . rest is history. 11 years, 3 country assignments for work and still going strong
threetenfour
Johnny's Jr

Post by threetenfour » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:28 pm

I found JE from Arashi! I ended up becoming a fan of NEWS, V6, and HSJ. Became pretty familiar with SMAP, as well.
Stulti
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by Stulti » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:57 pm

for me it was almost the same as for Queajy.
I watched Hana Kimi because of Oguri Shun (because I liked him as Kudo Shinichi in the mentantei Conan live Action), which led me to HanaDan and Arashi and with that to JE
inutrasha94
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by inutrasha94 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:14 pm

So. Yes. Kind of.
I accidentally found Doumouto Kyoudai cause I was really into Gackt at one point and I loved him on that show. Then I accidentally found Cartoon KAT-TUN on a streaming site and found the Newshfan LJ from that. Then I found Arashi on youtube at the same time and literally one day I was on Newshfan's LJ and saw all three of their names then found out that JE existed and it blew my freaking mind.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Was a Domoto Tsuyoshi fan and seen Kimura Takuya. I wasn't aware of JE until I saw Hanadan about 10 years later - the behind the scenes of Jun in his leopard(?) print jacket was what got me.
UkyoHimura
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by UkyoHimura » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:58 pm

My memory is not the best, but I want to say that around the same time I started watching J-Dramas I was watching 1 drama with Matsu Jun and another drama with Tsuyoshi of Kinki Kids. The order I don't remember. I did find out who was each person was a member of, I liked both actors and the songs their groups would sing for their dramas for about 2 years before I started to learn about JE.