kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by kazunari » Thu May 03, 2018 12:01 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:53 am
Hiya! :)
It's such a great drama! So far I love it.
I'm enjoying it so far too! :) By the way, I love your icon. Ninoai <3
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 am

kantanaamaya wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:43 pm
I had to look up that flower & tree and just...wow! They're both so beautiful! Even though it is the first of May, we're just now getting to our "April showers" and have lots of rain.

I had a final round interview recently and waiting to hear back is making me super nervous! I asked when they thought they would be contacting people and they just said "we'll let you know". T-T I hate that lol. What does everyone do to de-stress??
I'm also getting rain, but in general I like rain, it's calming. Unless I get totally soaked, then it sucks.

I play video games to de-stress, my favorite for that is Resident Evil 4, or I can also play Mario Kart, or just farm gil in FFXIII or roam Nova Chrysalia in Lightning Returns killing everything. But sometimes it's just a bother to turn the console on, so I also tend to watch John Wick 1 or 2. So I either do the killings or watch someone do them (?) XD
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Wed May 09, 2018 1:10 am

Thank you all for the well wishes! I have a lot of games on my laptop but haven't really played any except Sims recently, so maybe a good change of pace would help! Fighting things seems to be a trend lol.

Hope the rest of the visit with your sister went well iheartaiba!

And I said the same thing about Black Pean....Idk if I'll really be able to wait though. Nino is just too tempting lolol
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri May 11, 2018 5:53 pm

kantanaamaya wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 1:10 am
Hope the rest of the visit with your sister went well iheartaiba!

It went well, thank you :)
She was here for almost two weeks. Luckily the weather was great on most days. We did some shopping, went for a walk and played PoGo and played a lot. We mainly played Earth Defense Force 4.1 and Resident Evil. It's so much fun to play with someone else :) And we ate a lot of not so healthy foods lol Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if she had stayed here even longer.

The weather has been so warm and sunny here this week. I love it, but I don't want it to get any warmer. I don't feel comfortable when it gets way over 20°C. Today it was around 23°C.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Fri May 11, 2018 7:45 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:53 pm
It went well, thank you :)
She was here for almost two weeks. Luckily the weather was great on most days. We did some shopping, went for a walk and played PoGo and played a lot. We mainly played Earth Defense Force 4.1 and Resident Evil. It's so much fun to play with someone else :) And we ate a lot of not so healthy foods lol Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if she had stayed here even longer.

The weather has been so warm and sunny here this week. I love it, but I don't want it to get any warmer. I don't feel comfortable when it gets way over 20°C. Today it was around 23°C.
Aww, that sounds super fun! Glad you got that visit! :D Oh, I agree with you about the weather. 23°C is a little too warm for my tastes! It was about 22°C the other day so I decided to take a walk. But after 30 minutes it was a little warm so I had to go back inside haha. Although right now it's 10°C/50°F so I guess I don't have to worry about it getting too warm for awhile longer lol.

I had guests/neighbors over yesterday to celebrate my partner's birthday belatedly. I was super nervous because we don't have a lot of money so our furniture is minimal, and they live in a very nice house down the street, but they were really nice about it. We played board games and gossiped and it was pretty fun, haha.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:54 pm

The weather got chilly and rainy by me again. We need the rain since we missed so much of it last month.

Last night, I was lying in bed just about ready to fall asleep when my brain did that thing that makes my heart jump into an arrhythmia. "How much money do you have in your account? You got a car payment coming up! And your tank is down to one quarter. Are you going to make it to work and back? What about your bills?" Dang you, brain. In the end, I was able to take care of everything since I found my tax refund and put that into the bank, so I was able to make everything better.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat May 12, 2018 1:43 pm

@pknumba1: I hate when that happens. But it's great that you were able to sort things out! I had a bit similar moment just the other day.

@kantanaamaya: Sounds like you had a nice visit too :) The weather is getting even warmer here. Today we had 24°C, and I just checked that it's going to be 26°C tomorrow and on Monday. I like spending time outdoors when it's sunny, but I think I have to do that before midday or in the evening when it's "only" around 20°C.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun May 13, 2018 12:18 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 1:43 pm
@pknumba1: I hate when that happens. But it's great that you were able to sort things out! I had a bit similar moment just the other day.
[/b]
Yeah, so am I. It made me feel better about myself.

I'm debating about letting my landlord know about the upstairs neighbor kids who run around, scream and stomp all over the floor and make my ceiling pound and vibrate. It's super annoying. At one point I think they jumped off a bed or something and it made my ceiling light rattle and shake. Not good. Why do noisy neighbors always live above me?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 pm

^ I say yes, do let them know. Sure, kids can make noise when they play. However, that doesn't mean neighbours have to tolerate everything.

We had 28°C today and I thought I was going to melt :x On the other hand, who told me to go out in the midday lol I'm glad my apartment is always cool 'cause no sunlight reaches my apartment.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Tue May 15, 2018 4:15 am

^What a coincidence, I got 28°C too and I'm still melting even thought now it's nighttime. I was at college all around the place chasing the shadow, the trip back home was soooo hot. Walking under the sun for 15 minutes after a bus ride with no air conditioner or anything sucked. Heat makes me so tired and I can't concentrate as well as with colder temperatures T-T
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue May 15, 2018 10:08 am

Nightshadow wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:15 am
Heat makes me so tired and I can't concentrate as well as with colder temperatures T-T

I'm the same!
After spending some time outdoors when it's hot I feel like taking a nap when I come back home.

It's going to be hot today too but I will go out anyway.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Tue May 15, 2018 1:40 pm

28°C is too much. T-T I also can't concentrate when it's hotter so I don't know how y'all handle it!

@pknumba I feel you on the bills thing. I was going over our budget yesterday! My partner thinks we're doing a great job saving and keeping expenses down but I felt like that wasn't the case. Not living beyond our means, but we could cut more things to save more. Since we're moving soon we had to get that all figured out. @.@

Right now it's raining really hard! It's only 8:30am here though so if it stops the temperature should be nice enough to go walk around outside for a bit. We haven't gotten over 22°C/72°F here much.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue May 15, 2018 3:06 pm

kantanaamaya wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:40 pm

@pknumba I feel you on the bills thing. I was going over our budget yesterday! My partner thinks we're doing a great job saving and keeping expenses down but I felt like that wasn't the case. Not living beyond our means, but we could cut more things to save more. Since we're moving soon we had to get that all figured out. @.@
I keep thinking that when I get married my spouse will be better at handling the bills and going over the budget, but I can't dwell on that.
kazunari
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by kazunari » Wed May 16, 2018 4:44 pm

I forgot to mention here but I finally landed a job!!!! I’m so happy :-) I started yesterday hehe.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:45 pm

Yay! So happy for you, kazunari!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu May 17, 2018 12:39 pm

@kazunari: That's awesome! Congrats! We know you've worked really hard in order to find a job. I hope it's a kind of job you enjoy :)

It's been cloudy and a little bit cooler today, though still warm. But I'm too tired to go to play PoGo. Maybe in the evening. I have gone for a slow walk around 8:30PM these past few days. I walk to the nearby park where I can sit alone for a while and then I come back home. It takes me about an hour.

I had a doctor's appointment today. More meds, and I'll be on a sick leave till the end of summer '19. My psychotherapy starts next week. I hope it helps 'cause I don't know what else could...
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Thu May 17, 2018 8:31 pm

@kazunari: congrats!!!! I'm so glad you've finally got a job, I'm really happy for you ^^ :hug:

The hottest I've been was 40°C during a trip and then during a couple of field trips. I splashed water on my hear and wore a wet bandana, and it helped. Desert hot is the worst because it's so dry. In the city, the problem is the hot asphalt. You walk on it, and your feet hurt, you walk next to it, it makes it hotter. And my feet are sensitive and sometimes I don't know what to wear :(

@Haru: I hope you get better faster than that. I know it's hard but I wish you the best. :hug: Just be patient and don't lose hope. :hug:
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri May 18, 2018 12:33 pm

@Nightshadow: Thank you :) I hope things eventually get better.

Hot days are now gone for a while. It's "only" around 20°C and it's gonna be like this for a few days. That's warm enough for me. Besides, it's sunny so that's great.

These days I can't sleep without wearing headphones and listening to relaxing music. But having headphones for hours doesn't exactly do good. So I ordered a small bluetooth speaker that I could place near my bed. I just got a message that it has arrived so Imma go pick it up now. I hope it's not a crappy product.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:39 pm

I always listen to a rain app I have on my phone. At first I downloaded it to drown out my noisy neighbors, but now I use it to help me fall asleep. I could probably sleep without it now, but I haven't tried it yet.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat May 19, 2018 7:29 pm

The bluetooth speaker I bought is great! It's very easy to use and you can actually turn the sound looow.

My legs are dead from all the walking I did today. I played PoGo for three hours so that's about three hours of walking on asphalt and uneven stone paving... But it was sunny and even though it wasn't that warm I was still able to wear just t-shirt. It should be around 21°C-23°C tomorrow so I think I'm gonna walk to this huge park nearby and spend some time there. It's next to the lake so it's always a little bit colder there, but it's a really great place to walk and just enjoy how green everything is lol