[ALBUM] Untitled

Talk about Arashi's music and concerts. Album and concerts tracklists and song lists.

Moderator: Dyani

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

[ALBUM] Untitled

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Chosoo wrote: I received an FC email about the new album 「untitled」.
  • LE will have 10 new tracks + singles making total of 13. + Special package, Lyrics book, Dvd and other special footage.
  • RE will have 15 new tracks + singles making total 18 tracks + Lyrics booklet
It's the 16th album and it's being released next month. it seems it will have a great mix of music.
Cannot wait to see and hear more!!

NEW ALBUM“「untitled」”10月18日(水)発売決定!! 

「untitled」

16枚目となるニューアルバム“「untitled」”(読み:アンタイトル)は、あえて“未完成”な部分を突き詰め、デビュー18年目の嵐の軌跡を昇華させ、果敢にチャレンジしたアルバムとなっています。 

今回のアルバムでは、初の試みとなる『組曲』に挑戦。 
様々なジャンルの曲調を10分以上にも及ぶ長尺の中に組み込み、壮大な1曲として構築。 
全体を通して聴くことで、嵐の過去・現在・そして未来を感じることの出来る、聴き応えたっぷりの楽曲になっています。 
アルバム・リード曲「未完」は、今回のアルバムタイトルである“「untitled」”をまさに象徴するかのように、“和”・“DIGITAL”・“クラシック”・“HIPHOP”…といった、今までに嵐が取り組んできたテーマを曲の中に散りばめ、混沌とした中にも1本の筋が通った、疾走感溢れる楽曲となっています。 

初回限定盤DVDには、「未完」ビデオ・クリップに加えメイキングほかスペシャル映像を収録。 
さらに、通常盤には、嵐としては久々となるユニット曲を計4曲収録! 
5人での、そしてソロでのパフォーマンスとはまた異なる、今回のアルバムでしか味わえない4曲はどれもまさに必聴!(ユニット曲のメンバーの組み合わせは、後日発表。) 

嵐の新たな挑戦に、どのような化学反応が起きるのか!? 
バラエティに富んだ楽曲が揃った、待望のニューアルバムです! 

iheartaiba wrote: CD1
1. Green Light
2. つなぐ (Tsunagu)
3. 「未完」 (Mikan)
4. Sugar
5. Power of the Paradise
6. ありのままで (Ari no Mama de)
7. 風雲 (Fuu'un)
8. I’ll be there
9. 抱擁 (Houyou)
10. Pray
11. 光 (Hikari)
12. 彼方へ (Kanata e)
13. Song for you

CD2
01: バズりNIGHT (Bazuri NIGHT) – Aiba/Ohno/Sho
02: 夜の影 (Yoru no Kage) – Jun/Nino/Ohno
03: UB – Aiba/Nino
04: Come Back – Jun/Sho
05: カンパイ・ソング (Kanpai Song) [Bonus Track]

source: Johnny's net

What do you think about this album?

My thoughts copy-pasted from the old place:

I finally listened to the whole album. They really did try different styles. I'm impressed even if I don't like every single song. I think it was a great idea to make those special units.

1. Green Light
I like the melody and would gladly listen to an instrumental version of it. I don't dislike the song but it's not one of my favourites either.

2. Tsunagu
I didn't like this song when they released the single and I still don't like it.

3. Mikan
Just stop.
The choreography is cool but that won't make me like a song.

4. Sugar
This has some 90s Take That feelings lol Especially the beginning of the song and the chorus. I'm digging it.

5. Power of the Paradise
Unfortunately I think this song is kinda forgettable :/ It doesn't suck, but I never really remember how it sounds like when I don't hear it.

6. Ari no Mama de
A feel-good song.

7. Fuu'un
Arashi and rock? Oh yeah! A tad too much English for my liking but otherwise I like it.

8. I'll be there
I will associate this with Kizoku Tantei. I love it.

9. Houyou
Not exactly deep lyrics lol
But, I like it. Ohno's voice is perfect for this kind of melody.

10. Pray
I absolutely love it when all Arashi members sing together. Beautiful song.

11. Hikari
Wasn't sure what to expect when I heard the beginning of the song. A kind of song I could listen to when I clean my apartment haha

12. Kanata e
One of my favourite songs from the album.
I love everything about it: how they distributed the lines, melody, lyrics...

13. Song for you
Beautiful! It seems to have several different kinds of genres.
The melody is a bit Christmas-y in some parts lol

1. Bazuri NIGHT
Omg the melody hahaha
And hello 90s disco!  XD
This is so catchy, I love it!

2. Yoru no Kage
Not my cup of tea. I don't know what this genre is called, but I don't like it in general. But just because I don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't work. The song fits quite well for Ohno/Sho/Jun trio.

3. UB
Here it is, my favourite song from the album! Aiba and Nino sound so good together  :heart:
I was really looking forward to this song ever since I found out they had a duet. I'm glad the song is great.

4. Come Back
This is how everything sounds to me when I have a headache.

5. Kanpai Song
Very catchy! I can imagine them performing this at they concert :D
Dyani
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Re: [ALBUM] Untitled

Post by Dyani » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:12 am

I've been meaning to write about "untitled" ever since it came out, but maybe it's better that I didn't - the post would probably be way too long.
I really like this album and I listened to it a lot. And I do mean A LOT. I love "Mikan" and "Fuuun", really like "Green Light", "Tsunagu", "Sugar" and "Kanata e". "Song for you" is like listening to "ARASHI The Musical - micro album", and I wouldn't mind if it was even longer (it also has a much better Sakurai/Matsumoto unit song than the actual thing, but I'll get to it). The rest are easy on the ears, ergo perfectly acceptable.

I'm not that big on the unit songs, not because I prefer solos, but the songs themselves are nothing special. They are... okay, and I appreciate them doing it, but if it's the only time it happens, I feel a bit underwhelmed. "Bazuri NIGHT" is nuts, but fun. "UB" definitely grew on me, I like it. "Come Back" sounds like they had their solos ready and awkwardly tried to combine them... which strangely fits these two, however this song is not easy on the ears lol.

As for the LE content, man, I love "Mikan" so much, but besides the lady dancer, which was something new and nice, the PV is so boring, I'll take the Music Station performance over it any day. And as much as I like listening to them talk about albums/songs, the AraJapoTalk was a lot more interesting and entertaining, despite not having any visuals.
Stulti
Johnny's Jr

Post by Stulti » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:00 pm

I still haven't ordered my copy *shame on me*
but with Arashi releases it is so hard to decide if I should get LE or RE, because sometimes the special content on the LE is boring and I would have prefered the extra songs...

in the case of untitled what do you guys think is the better choice? LE or RE?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 pm

Stulti wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:00 pm
I'd choose RE. The extra songs in this album are really good, and I personally don't watch the DVDs more than maybe once.
Dyani
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Dyani » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:21 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:52 pm
Stulti wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:00 pm
I'd choose RE. The extra songs in this album are really good, and I personally don't watch the DVDs more than maybe once.
My vote also goes to RE. Even though I watch the DVDs more often, I don't feel like rewatching this one anytime soon. Plus the unit songs (despite what I said about them) are special enough to beat the LE content.