Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:38 pm

forror wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 pm
I was just browsing through the forum and saw the news of 5x20. (Yay!) But I'm having a silly reaction of almost being repelled by that title; the characters don't look as (aesthetically) pleasing as 5x10. It's all 2's fault. I feel like a crazy twerp right now.

:D
Can't unsee it now.

Arashi's anniversary was yesterday! Yay! I thought there would be waaay more articles and blog posts than I saw... Maybe around their tour?
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:42 pm

I thought I would see more, but for some reason their 20th anniversary doesn't seem as big a deal as their 10th and 15th anniversary. To me, 10 years is like a mile marker. They made it this far and it gives everyone a chance to look back on the years to see how far they've gone. 15 years is major because they're still around and it's a little more cathartic. 20 years just makes them seem like old men. XD I think 25 years is another major year. That's just how I feel.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Hitting 10 years was really something, I agree.

I only now found out Tackey & Tsubasa disbands :( I kinda expected it 'cause they've been on hiatus for a looooong time, but a part of me was still hoping they'd come back. They are, after all, my first JE love. I hope Tsubasa's health improves and that Tackey doesn't just stick behind the scenes in the future. (How about another VS Arashi visit? :D)
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:20 am

How's everyone doing? I've been really busy lately, getting soaked in the rain nearly everyday, I have terrible leaks in my ceiling, and now my brother had his first top level art expo and I haven't posted anything in a while.

Arashi anniversary is, funny enough, the date of Mexico's Independence. I think I've never mentioned that in Aibakaland. XD I do like how 5x20 looks, but somehow it also doesn't seem too special for me. I blame it on the Blast in Hawaii for being extra special.

So first SMAP and now Tackey & Tsubasa. O_O And I somehow thought for a very long time that JE bands never disbanded. Maybe because of NEWS, where like, everyone leaves but NEWS is still a thing. :o Maybe I'm weird.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Nightshadow wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:20 am
So first SMAP and now Tackey & Tsubasa. O_O And I somehow thought for a very long time that JE bands never disbanded. Maybe because of NEWS, where like, everyone leaves but NEWS is still a thing. :o Maybe I'm weird.

Not weird at all. I think it was so out of ordinary when NEWS and KAT-TUN had members leaving. Especially when it happened for the first time. I can only imagine how hard it has been for both the members and their fans.

I spent the past weekend at my parents'. I went there with my niece on Friday afternoon and we came back early this morning. My youngest sister had her 19th birthday on Sunday so we celebrated that. I also saw another sister of mine and her son. I didn't fight with my mother (because I avoided her the best I could) so I guess that's something. Insomnia has hit me again after several months of somewhat decent sleep, and this is so frustrating. I didn't sleep for two days, and when I got back home this morning I was only able to sleep for very short moments even though I was extremely tired (I still am).
jheili
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by jheili » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Today is the last day to apply for 5x20 ticket balloting, if you are a fan club member and haven't done it yet, make haaaaste~
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:43 am

I can't even though I want to.
pastelpenguin
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by pastelpenguin » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:28 am

Ahh~ I really wanted to ballot for 5x20 but I'm not a member of the fanclub and my friend already sent her's with 4 slots.
Working hard to relocate to Japan this year so I could ballot for the next one.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:03 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:02 pm
Not weird at all. I think it was so out of ordinary when NEWS and KAT-TUN had members leaving. Especially when it happened for the first time. I can only imagine how hard it has been for both the members and their fans.

I spent the past weekend at my parents'. I went there with my niece on Friday afternoon and we came back early this morning. My youngest sister had her 19th birthday on Sunday so we celebrated that. I also saw another sister of mine and her son. I didn't fight with my mother (because I avoided her the best I could) so I guess that's something. Insomnia has hit me again after several months of somewhat decent sleep, and this is so frustrating. I didn't sleep for two days, and when I got back home this morning I was only able to sleep for very short moments even though I was extremely tired (I still am).
A friend of mine left the Kat-tun fandom after Jin left, and I know somebody who left the NEWS fandom and now only fangirls YamaPi.

I hope you're able to sleep now. :hug: I had insomnia yesterday and I haven't been able to sleep well yet.

Here's wishing good luck to all the aibakalanders who balloted for 5x20. ^_^
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:20 pm

^ I remember when Yamapi left, though it wasn't exactly surprising 'cause he had already done quite a lot of solo works.

I'm sleeping a little bit better now, but definitely not well.

If only I could see Arashi live...
I hope those of you who balloted are lucky!
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:25 pm

It would be a dream for me to see Arashi live! I doubt they will be anywhere in my neck of the woods. If I do see them, I would have to make it to Japan somehow, miraculously. For some time, I started to lose hope that I would make it to Japan at all, but there's a little bit left in me that hasn't left me yet. So I'm clinging onto that little nugget of hope that I will make it to Japan somehow, someway, in the near future. I mean, I went to England and Ireland and that was a huge step for me. It makes me believe I can accomplish anything.

Speaking of accomplishments, I got into the play I auditioned for earlier this week! I just saw the results posted online a little bit ago. I even got the role I wanted! My life is about to get a bit busier, but I think I can manage.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:22 am

Hi everyone! Sorry I disappeared for a few months. I relocated and had some other personal issues going on ...
But I couldn't avoid seeing Kimi no Uta posts this week and that motivated me to jump back and engage with the fandom again. <3

Best of luck for everyone who put in for 5x20! I'm similar to pknumba in that it's my dream to see Arashi live but I'm not sure if it would be possible. For me, another Hawaii concert would be the next best thing! Since I won't be in college lol.

I have a job interview coming up for a position in a good location that I really want, so I've been preparing for that this week! I will be listening to Arashi the whole 152 mile drive there on Sunday. I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back from it on Monday night! Also, congrats on the role pk! That's really awesome, what play is it?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:36 pm

Congrats on the role pknumba1!
The story is something I'd like to see. I hope you have a great time working that project :)

Good luck for the job interview kantanaamaya! I hope you get that job, sounds like you're very motivated :)

Going off-topic here, but I already put up my heart-shaped window light (it's not a Christmas light even though some people like to call it that) and I also dug up my LED candles :D
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:50 am

Haru: I feel you, I'm slowly getting my sleep back, it's no fun at all. Hope it starts getting better for you too. :hug:

pknumba1 congrats on getting the part you wanted!!! :hug: I'm so glad for you, you have to tell us how it's going for you on the rehearsals.

kantanaamaya: good luck on your job interview, I hope you get the job. I think your interviewer will see your enthusiasm, I can see it when reading you. ^_^

I've been somewhat busy being moral support for my brother. His art exhibition has turned into quite an event, he even gave an interview for TV yesterday. :o I'm so proud of him, but still, it has been a bit nerve-wracking. That and I've been considering saving to get lip piercings regardless of having to hide them later on after I finish college and watching some movies.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:24 pm

Taking my mom to the Chicago airport today. Driving in such a big city is kinda scary since I'm not used to it, but it should be a fun trip. When I drive in crazy areas I feel lots of stress/anxiety in my chest blehhhh, haha
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:30 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:24 pm
Taking my mom to the Chicago airport today. Driving in such a big city is kinda scary since I'm not used to it, but it should be a fun trip. When I drive in crazy areas I feel lots of stress/anxiety in my chest blehhhh, haha
I've never driven in or through Chicago. My family has always driven around it, and even then the traffic was crazy. Good luck today!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:40 pm

I don't have a driver's license so I never have to stress about that. I just sit and let someone else do the work~ :D

I'm gonna take my niece to the movies on Sunday. I finally found a film I want to see too. I'm not that into 3D animations so many Disney/Pixar/whatever animations are a big no. We're gonna watch Mary and the Witch's Flower. My niece loves Ghibli films, and since the animation style of that film is very similar I'm sure she's gonna love it. She usually watches anime in Japanese despite not understanding Japanese or being able to read subs, but we are gonna watch a dubbed version so that she can understand what is said. I'm sure she will watch it in Japanese later when it's released on DVD lol
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:05 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:40 pm
I don't have a driver's license so I never have to stress about that. I just sit and let someone else do the work~ :D

I'm gonna take my niece to the movies on Sunday. I finally found a film I want to see too. I'm not that into 3D animations so many Disney/Pixar/whatever animations are a big no. We're gonna watch Mary and the Witch's Flower. My niece loves Ghibli films, and since the animation style of that film is very similar I'm sure she's gonna love it. She usually watches anime in Japanese despite not understanding Japanese or being able to read subs, but we are gonna watch a dubbed version so that she can understand what is said. I'm sure she will watch it in Japanese later when it's released on DVD lol
I'm sure she would enjoy it whether she knows what's happening or not.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:02 pm

^ That's quite true :D
Just being able to go to the movies makes her happy.
kantanaamaya
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by kantanaamaya » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Thanks for the support everyone! I should hear back from the interview next week at the earliest, so I'll keep you updated! Today I cleaned out some of our storage unit and dropped off some old books and DVDs to the secondhand bookstore, so a pretty stress-free day.

Nightshadow: That's amazing! Congrats to him! And good for you for being there to support him.And that sounds cool! What type of lip piercing are you thinking of getting??

keioboylove: How was the drive around O'Hare? I was there at the beginning of September and it always seems so scary to drive in. I was taking a shuttle bus and still nervous, lol. I hope it all went well!

iheartaiba: Aww, that's so cute! That sounds like a nice day. How was the movie?