What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Re: What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Post by yruvian » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:56 am

The Great British Bake Off, influenced by my brother.

I also finished Hana Nochi Hare yesterday (finally) and am rewatching VS Arashi.

ETA. Just started rewatching Yukan Club and it's obviously been a while. I didn't even realize the amount of Johnny's in there XD. I guess I first watched that series before I got into Arashi, because with VSA I'm recognizing a lot more faces than I did back then. I got through the first 8 episodes in one day, so it's not going to take long to finish.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:14 pm

yruvian wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:56 am
ETA. Just started rewatching Yukan Club and it's obviously been a while. I didn't even realize the amount of Johnny's in there XD. I guess I first watched that series before I got into Arashi, because with VSA I'm recognizing a lot more faces than I did back then. I got through the first 8 episodes in one day, so it's not going to take long to finish.
The discrepancy between Yoko's character and his Kanjani8 persona was a shock to me since I watched the drama first.

--------------------------

Watching Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace with only one episode remaining. I was waiting for this for years after hearing news of Zhou Xun's and Vivian Wu's casting, but it's turned out to be a slight disappointment. The writing is more nuanced and the acting, on the whole, is far stronger than Yanxi Palace, but the latter is more entertaining to watch for its crack quality. My biggest gripe is with the main antagonist - her rationale/motivations for going after the protagonist are completely unfounded and suggests to me she has the brain size of a fly. This is a consequence of poor writing to drive the plot - it's never stated in the drama, but she must have some victim complex because no right-headed person can be THAT oblivious to their own faults. It's almost embarrassing/painful to watch.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:09 pm

yruvian wrote:

I love it. I also highly recommend The Great British Sewing Bee. I actually like it even better than GBBO.

I'm currently watching k-dramas My Only One (I still really like it though I wanna strangle Uee's mother every time I see her) and Hide and Seek. I have a few currently airing shows on my watch list but I haven't had time to check them yet. I'm also watching anime Yagate Kimi ni Naru (it's quite adorable) and the latest Sword Art Online series. There are at least two other anime series I wanna check but... Time~ (Well, I do have a plenty of free time, it's just that I spend it playing PS4 and reading lol)
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:16 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:09 pm
yruvian wrote:

I love it. I also highly recommend The Great British Sewing Bee. I actually like it even better than GBBO.
We already finished that one XD. We're also watching the Belgian version of the bake off, but the British one is definitely better. I often think the judges on GBBO are too nice though I may be influenced by Gordon.

ETA. Also finished the first episode of Boku to Shippo yesterday. I rather like it so far, but I doubt I'll be checking for new episodes/subs every waking hour the way I did with Black Pean.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:13 am

yruvian wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:16 pm
iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:09 pm
We already finished that one XD. We're also watching the Belgian version of the bake off, but the British one is definitely better. I often think the judges on GBBO are too nice though I may be influenced by Gordon.

I want a new Sewing Bee season already. Too bad we have to wait till next year.

Australian Bake Off is quite amusing :D
blublackqueen
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by blublackqueen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:52 pm

I am watching the new season of the Good Doctor as well as the three different NCIS series (NCIS, NCIS: NO, NCIS: LA).
KPinky
Johnny's Jr

Post by KPinky » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:09 pm

At the moment I am watching mainly Korean drama:

„What’s wrong with Secretary Kim“ - I really enjoy this drama, I can only recommenced it.
„My ID is Gangnam Beauty“ - Although I really liked it in the beginning, I feel like the character development is too slow. Therefore I am a bit too frustrated with this drama to finish it.
„Something in the Rain“ - The beginning of this drama is so heart-warning. I love that. I highly recommend it.
“Your Housekeeper” - Love this one. It’s a light-hearted drama and the side-stories are as entertaining as the main plot.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:14 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:13 am
yruvian wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:16 pm

I want a new Sewing Bee season already. Too bad we have to wait till next year.

Australian Bake Off is quite amusing :D
Checking out Australian Bake Off now XD.

Also rewatching Yoiko no Mikata... and still continuing a full rewatch of VS Arashi. We're almost starting on 2013.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:47 am

I'm rewatching Constantine so I can watch the animated Constantine later on, and I'm watching the second season of The Handmaid's Tale, which is so far not as good as the first. Maybe because the book material was better than what they are coming up with.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:04 am

Latest series of Would I Lie To You?

I also tried watching a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory and felt nothing. I know there have been complaints about the show's decline, but my reaction still shocked me. It's like going back to my younger days when I would try out some popular American sitcoms and just didn't 'get it'. However, most of my international friends claim not to understand our British humour and tend to prefer the American's.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:30 pm

forror wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:04 am
I also tried watching a recent episode of The Big Bang Theory and felt nothing. I know there have been complaints about the show's decline, but my reaction still shocked me. It's like going back to my younger days when I would try out some popular American sitcoms and just didn't 'get it'. However, most of my international friends claim not to understand our British humour and tend to prefer the American's.
BBT has become stale over the years. It's been on the air for too long, that's what I think it wrong with it. I used to think 10 years was too long, which was how many seasons Friends had, and I think that one ended well. It was still going pretty strong, but that may have been due to viewer ratings or viewer counts. BBT should have had 10 seasons or less, like maybe 8. In the last one, Howard dressed up as Sheldon for Halloween and that was pretty good. Over all, it's not the same show with the geeky references and outcast themes as it had in the beginning. I think American society couldn't relate exactly overall, and that's what made it popular. Nowadays, BBT has become more mainstream, and made it a little boring. Am I still watching it? Yes, but mostly because it's the last season and I want to see how it ends. Maybe that stinkin' elevator will finally be fixed.

I just started watching Westworld. My library had the dvds and some of my friends have been saying how bizarre and intense it is, so I decided to give it a try. I'm enjoying it so far. It is pretty suspenseful. Also, Aiba's new drama. :D
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:26 am

^ That's a shame to hear. Friends managed to sustain a lot of heart throughout their run, and the group always put their relationship with one another ahead of everything else. It was sweet.

Oh, the agency/management/maintenance won't bother with that elevator. They've ignored, then trained/brainwashed their residents to live without one so, ironically, why fix what isn't broken? I've never seen a landlord/agency happy to dig into their own pockets. Then again, this is TV: land of look-a-likes, twins, scheming stepmothers, etc.

---------------------

Bit late to the party but just starting Killing Eve.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:07 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:30 pm
I just started watching Westworld. My library had the dvds and some of my friends have been saying how bizarre and intense it is, so I decided to give it a try. I'm enjoying it so far. It is pretty suspenseful. Also, Aiba's new drama. :D

I LOVED Westworld!!!! I still haven't been able to watch the second season, but I really loved the first. Hope you like it too, I love sci-fi and stories like Westworld, so I'm biased.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:16 pm

My brother found the blurays of Arale on Monday, so we're watching that one at the moment. It's Nino's influence from a particular VSA episode XD. We've been looking for it ever since we saw that VSA epi, but there isn't a lot available online. At least it's been subbed in French, so it's watchable for us.

It's a pretty weird anime though.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:40 pm

Nightshadow wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:07 am
pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:30 pm

I LOVED Westworld!!!! I still haven't been able to watch the second season, but I really loved the first. Hope you like it too, I love sci-fi and stories like Westworld, so I'm biased.
The first season finale was something I was not expecting at all! Well, there was a certain death I was looking forward to, but all in all the ending took a different turn! Season 2 won't be released on dvd until Dec. 4th, so I have to waaaaaiiittt. >:(
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:40 am

pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:40 pm
The first season finale was something I was not expecting at all! Well, there was a certain death I was looking forward to, but all in all the ending took a different turn! Season 2 won't be released on dvd until Dec. 4th, so I have to waaaaaiiittt. >:(
I'm a bad person, I download the series I watch. XD Some are really hard to find here on DVD or even impossible, so I don't feel bad for some of the series, and some I don't like much or enough to own them.

I was also not expecting the ending, I watched it so fast that I didn't stop to make theories about anything.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:13 am

At the moment I'm watching Atashinchi no Danshi (because MyDramalist listed that one as a recommendation linked to Gokusen) and, though I still prefer Gokusen, it's not a bad series.

I also mainly download the ones I'm watching, because they are impossible to find on DVD over here. Anime are easier to find, but even then it's often a challenge. I had high hopes for the Japan convention we went to a week ago, but even there it was only anime. No Japanese music, no Japanese live action... and, needless to say, no Arashi (the worst part of course <.<). Also no books except for manga. But well... we bought tea and sake, so it wasn't a complete loss.

I just wish they'd replace the Korean artists for Japanese ones in something that's called Japancon... Korean ones are easy enough to find (at least in other conventions).
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Nightshadow wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:40 am
pknumba1 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:40 pm
I'm a bad person, I download the series I watch. XD Some are really hard to find here on DVD or even impossible, so I don't feel bad for some of the series, and some I don't like much or enough to own them.

I was also not expecting the ending, I watched it so fast that I didn't stop to make theories about anything.
I was too scared to make theories. I knew this was going to be the kind of show that would toss the table on you. The first several episodes were like that for me. There was one theory I had which I didn't speculate on for too long until it was revealed to me that I was right. I almost want to rewatch the first season just to fill in some things I missed and fill in some gaps. The timeline in this show is definitely not a linear one. It's all over the place!
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:17 pm

This anime season sucks. Yagate Kimi ni Naru is the only show that hasn't failed me.

I'm still watching k-dramas My Only One (Uee :heart: ) and Hide and Seek, but I also picked Yoon Eun Hye's comeback drama Fluttering Warning. I didn't realise how much I actually missed her acting. Four episodes in, and the drama is still good :D I do have some other k-dramas waiting to be watched. That list will never get short...
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:20 am

I'm watching Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior with my dad. We found it on TV, he likes Forrest Whitaker and I liked Matt Ryan in Constantine, so now we're watching it together. It has the same things I don't like from the original Criminal Minds, I think all the FBI agents are too stiff, and lack emotion, but the cases are good.