What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

solen
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Re: What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Post by solen » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:38 pm

I'm watching Girl from nowhere
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:12 pm

Picking shows left and right...

Yagate Kimi ni Naru, My Daughter Geum Sa Wol, My Healing Love, My Only One, Feel Good to Die, Fluttering Warning, Room no. 9

Gonna check: The Last Empress (yay Jang Nara), Children of Nobody, Top Star Yoo Baek, Clean With Passion For Now

Oh look at that random anime among all those k-dramas XD
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:09 pm

I finished the super ultra mini 5 episodes from Constantine: City of Demons. I mean, they're between 5 and 7 minutes long, I need more! And I just started The Halcyon. It's really nice, it's true that it's something fans of Downton Abbey will like, I loved that show and this one is along the same lines, except it's in a British luxury hotel during World War 2.
blublackqueen
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by blublackqueen » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:46 am

I just finished watching a Thai drama called Love By Chance. I am starting on a Chinese drama called The King of Blaze.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:29 am

I finally got round to completing What's Wrong with Secretary Kim. Half a year later. I adore Park Seo Joon and the first episode was fun and zippy, but it quickly derailed from there. It wasn't bad per se, but the beginning raised my expectations and it just descended into... tepidness. Watchable, but I wanted it to be so much more.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:45 pm

forror wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:29 am
I finally got round to completing What's Wrong with Secretary Kim. Half a year later. I adore Park Seo Joon and the first episode was fun and zippy, but it quickly derailed from there. It wasn't bad per se, but the beginning raised my expectations and it just descended into... tepidness. Watchable, but I wanted it to be so much more.

I never finished that one. I was quite excited about it and the first few episodes were nice - and then the show stopped being good. I think that happens way too often when it comes to k-dramas (or maybe I'm just picky). It's a miracle when I actually finish a k-drama these days... :/ I pick many k-dramas but I also drop many of them.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:18 pm

^ I find myself getting more selective and have dropped far too many shows in recent years, especially when there are a plethora of choices out there that are readily accessible. Though I sometimes cheat and skip to the final episode to validate my decision to drop it in the first place.

--------------------

My mum bought me the Friends DVD box set quite some time ago, which I never got round to watching. I've spent the morning revisiting this show and I find myself still enamoured with it, the relationships, and the connection I feel with some of the (poignant) moments. Especially Rachel at the beginning, trying to find her way in life and finding solace in the idea her friends were her magic beans.

I'm just going to spend my Christmas marathoning a bunch of shows - the next will be Victoria (Series 2).
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:27 pm

forror wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:18 pm

My mum bought me the Friends DVD box set quite some time ago, which I never got round to watching. I've spent the morning revisiting this show and I find myself still enamoured with it, the relationships, and the connection I feel with some of the (poignant) moments. Especially Rachel at the beginning, trying to find her way in life and finding solace in the idea her friends were her magic beans.
I need to marathon that show again. I think I know all of the lines pretty well now, but that won't stop me from watching it over and over...

My favorite thing is watching Monica and Chandler becoming a couple. They are my ship in that show, and no one sees it coming from the beginning.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:09 am

^ It's beautiful watching the earlier seasons, seeing how Monica understands Chandler whereas he's there ready to provide a shoulder to lean on. It wasn't even sexual, but they were so comfortable with one another. I saw a bit of that friendship between Rachel and Chandler, too - times when they were down and supported each other - but they weren't given as many moments as some of the other pairings.

It's weird to think - and even see in the flashback episode - that Monica and Joey could've been a couple. Of course, this is retrospective and perhaps their characters would've been developed differently had they stuck with this coupling.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:01 am

My brother just got us Netflix... so the last couple of days I've been watching quite a bit of things. There are more Asian ones on it than I expected.

At the moment watching W, a Korean one that has managed to keep me watching for the first 7 episodes already. Usually I break of Kdramas pretty quickly. Also rewatching Saiki Kusuo (the anime) season 1 because it's on there too and I've never really seen the second season.

I'm also going through all of my saved (and subbed) Shiyagare episodes... trying to clean my drive of doubles and checking everything I have subtitled before I start going over non-subtitled ones. I feel pretty hopeful that I can actually watch Shiyagare without subs by now, so definitely going to try that soon.
aibaini
Johnny's Jr

Post by aibaini » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:39 pm

I just started watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine and I'm lovin' it :heart:
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:57 pm

I'm loving this new Yeo Jin Goo drama The Crowned Clown. He is so talented + I love sageuk. I'm also (still) watching k-dramas My Healing Love, The Last Empress and My Daughter Geum Sa Wol.

A new anime season means more stuff to watch. So far I'm quite liking Dororo and Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. The first episode of Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai was quite funny so I will keep and eye on that one too.
blublackqueen
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by blublackqueen » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:17 pm

I am currently watching Thai drama The Judgement.I have seen the actors of this drama in other things so I wanted to give it a try. I am also getting ready to watch Korean drama Touch Your Heart with Lee Dong Wook and Yoo Inna. I love these two, so I am happy to see them in another drama together.
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:55 pm

My Brilliant Friend. I cannot wait for Season 2 to come out.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:50 am

I just finished watching a kdrama called White Christmas, and now I'm going to start Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:53 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:50 am
I just finished watching a kdrama called White Christmas, and now I'm going to start Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.
I saw Yankee-kun to Megane-chan some time ago and really liked it. I should probably rewatch it at some time.

Watching The Seven Deadly Sins and Assassin Classroom (the anime) at the moment (in between rewatching Shinigami-kun).
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Anime: Dororo, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari. On my never-ending watchlist are Devil Survivor 2, Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet and OverLord.
K-drama: My Daughter Geum Sa Wol, Romance is a Bonus Book. About to start Haechi, Item and Big Issue.
Non-Asian: Bosch S4

I'd like to finish j-drama Survival Wedding but I'm too lazy to re-time the subs... :x
forror
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by forror » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:18 pm

Just completed Big Little Lies. Currently watching The Good Doctor (although I never got past the first episode of the Korean version despite my liking of Joo Won). Freddie Highmore just seems like such a lovely human being.
pknumba1
Cool & Soul
Cool & Soul

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:13 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:25 pm
Anime: Dororo[
/color]

Everytime I see people talking about Dororo, I think they mean Durarara and I want to tell them, "Yes! That anime is awesome! Watch it!" but nope. I still recommend Durarara, btw.

I'm going through Friends once again and am slowly going through Yankee-kun to Megane-chan. I do love this drama, but I've had some things come up in my life that made my watching slow down.
yruvian
PIKA☆NCHI
PIKA☆NCHI

Post by yruvian » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:07 pm

Started watching Shikaku Tantei Higurashi Tabito yesterday.

The Good Doctor is on my to watch list, though I already know from episode one that it's the same type of autism portrayal as all the others.