What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Re: What TV shows/dramas are you currently watching?

Post by pknumba1 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:14 pm

kazunari wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:28 am
pknumba1 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 3:33 pm
I think American drama could learn some things from Japanese drama (meaning less sex among coworkers in the break room). That's just my opinion. :P
Fixed that for you hahaha seriously. This is also one of the reasons why I stopped watching Glee
I never got into Glee. Looked like another version of High School Musical. Another series that annoyed me.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Thu May 10, 2018 2:58 am

I never liked Glee. I found the characters so annoying that even watching trailers made me dislike it. And... that version from Over The Rainbow sucks soooo bad.

I just started watching The Handmaid's Tale. I read the book some weeks ago. So far it looks really good and it's a nice adaptation, but I'm waiting for them to stretch it a lot, since the book is not that long. I wouldn't think it would fill 10 episodes, and there's going to be a season 2.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri May 11, 2018 6:06 pm

I watched a few episodes of Glee S1 but then I dropped it lol

I'm currently watching
- anime: High School DxD, ReLIFE, Tokyo Ghoul, Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online, Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii, Persona 5, Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi, Cutie Honey Universe, Rokka no Yuusha, Makai Ouji...
- k-drama: My Husband Oh Jak-Doo (still loving it :D)
- j-drama: Black Pean

Anime Akame ga Kill was awesome excluding the ending which was underwhelming.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri May 11, 2018 11:59 pm

A couple of my shows ended last night, so I have to suffer the summer without them. I still have Arrow and The Flash left, but I think they each have one or two episodes to go. The 100 just started so I'm pretty happy with that. I'm also watching Grey's Anatomy still on Netflix as well as a baking show called Nailed It! It's pretty entertaining. XD I also have been watching Outlander for a while. I just finished season 1 and about to go onto season 2. I can't believe I haven't brought that up yet. Also still watching Black Pean, and waiting for that final 99.9 episode, as well as a new one for me: Last Cinderella.
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Fri May 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Also didn't like Glee and gave up on it after a few episodes.

Watching now: Black Pean, the follow-up of Hanadan, Bambino and Freeter. Never really finished the last two, though I downloaded them months ago... I finished Buzzer Beat yesterday. Also rewatching Kagi no Kakatta Heya and a few others.

Flu has an advantage... though I really hope it stops soon. I've been mostly resting in front of the tv for nearly a week now.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Tue May 22, 2018 3:19 am

How the heck do you guys manage to watch all of that at the same time? @_@ I can only follow one show at a time unless the episodes do conclude like Law & Order where I don't really have to watch more than one. I can't read two books at the same time, you're really awesome! O_O Anyone who can do that, is awesome for me.

I just started Helix. Some people say it sucks, but I came across it as an accident. My dad was watching TV yesterday and then there was Hiroyuki Sanada who I love and it wasn't a movie but a series, and a sci-fi medical one, so I'm watching it now. Even if it screams "zombies". It has the charm the movie Outbreak had for me, even if I'm not a microbiologist or anything like that, but I'm close enough as a biologist. There's this doctor dissecting a CGI monkey with the same "this is cool" attitude I have when dissecting. It's about a lab in the Arctic that has an outbreak of a virus one of the doctors was working on and they call the CDC in.

I haven't watched Arrow yet, I find the actor too stiff, but I watched part of an episode with John Constantine in it and I was laughing so hard. Man, he's probably my favorite antihero, ever. And my fave character from DC.
imsakura
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by imsakura » Tue May 22, 2018 7:54 am

Black Pean of course Dr. Tokai XDDD

I also watch Seigi no Se but the storyline is not that good to me but I enjoy the interaction between the prosecutor and her assistant ( the lead is Yoshitaka Yuriko)
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue May 22, 2018 10:05 am

Nightshadow wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:19 am
How the heck do you guys manage to watch all of that at the same time? @_@ I can only follow one show at a time unless the episodes do conclude like Law & Order where I don't really have to watch more than one. I can't read two books at the same time, you're really awesome! O_O Anyone who can do that, is awesome for me.

I get bored easily so that's why I follow several shows at the same time :D
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Wed May 23, 2018 7:48 am

Nightshadow wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 3:19 am
Black Pean, the Hanadan follow-up and Signal (started this one too) are still running, so it's always waiting for the next episode.

Some series I just can't binge watch for some reason, so I usually start with any new epis of the running ones followed by an epi of ones like that, one episode of something I want to try and finish it off with as many episodes of a binge-able series that I can fit in. That is after seeing any new subbed Arashi guest appearances/variety shows I found during the day XD.

I'm trying to get through some saved movies now though, so it's usually one movie and a couple of episodes at most. And I dropped Bambino after finishing Freeter in two days.
valiente
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by valiente » Wed May 23, 2018 5:43 pm

Just recently, I found out that they made a third season for Code Blue so watching this show for now. :D
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri May 25, 2018 2:06 pm

I finished My Husband Oh Jak-Doo so I decided to pick another k-drama. The synopsis and cast of Secret Mother looked good so I checked that drama. The first episode (or 1+2) didn't win me over, but the second episode (3+4) was great and really got me hooked. I hope the drama doesn't disappoint me.

I'm still liking Black Pean. As for anime series, I'm currently watching ReLIFE and Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu besides some currently airing series.
yruvian
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by yruvian » Sun May 27, 2018 11:52 am

I'm currently listening to Sailor Moon, does that count? (My brother's been watching the anime series for days, but at least he switched to the subbed version today. The English voices really were distracting.)
ShirleyWade
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by ShirleyWade » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:02 am

I´m currently watching both "Heroes" and "The Handmaid´s Tale" at the same time.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:55 pm

The usual currently airing anime series + Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou.

Secret Mother is still great. I also enjoyed the first two episodes of Goodbye to Goodbye, but I really don't feel like downloading four files just to get two episodes, especially as it takes forever to seed for AvistaZ... I usually take my k-dramas from Korean sites and subs from A, but now A has different versions so the subs won't sync. I tried to watch the first episode of Sketch but I couldn't even finish the first episode. Sorry, Bi.

Black Pean is like one of the best j-dramas ever. So far. Please don't ruin it.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Still getting through Grey's Anatomy. I'm on season 12 finally, so I'm trying to make it to the end. Along with Last Cinderella and Black Pean. I've started season 4 of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and season 2 of 13 Reasons Why. Not sure why I started 13 Reasons Why since just the first episode made my blood pressure go up.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:31 pm

I just started the Indiana Jones Chronicles. I own a few episodes in VHS from a while ago, but I finally got it complete and I'm watching it. Since the episodes conclude and don't leave you waiting for more, maybe I'll watch something else in between episodes.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:44 pm

I think I can now say I'm officially out of k-drama slump :D
I'm really enjoying Secret Mother and Goodbye to Goodbye, and the first episode of What's Wrong With Secretary Kim was promising. In Goodbye to Goodbye I mainly enjoy the relationship between the leading ladies. All the men can gtfo. As for Secretary Kim, I'm not exactly a fan of Park Seo Joon, but he does play that obnoxious chaebol character well. Park Min Young, on the other hand, is a gem :heart:

As for anime, I've picked up Hinamatsuri and Girlish Number because apparently I don't have enough series to watch yet lol

pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Still crawling through Grey's Anatomy. I just started season 12 and there's more after that. :/ I'm also technically watching season 2 of 13 Reasons Why but that show is just too much for me and overwhelming that I'm taking a small break from it. Too much high school drama that is unrealistic that does not happen during high school. I've started a Jun drama! This is my second time watching it and it's a good summer drama. I can never remember the title because it's so long, but I know the words "Natsu Niji" are in it. I'm sure most people know which drama that is. Also watching The 100, Black Pean, and starting a k-drama called Psychokinises or something like that. A middle-aged man can move things with his mind and I thought it looked interesting.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:57 pm

What's Wrong with Secretary Kim - Enjoying it thus far and it's been a while since I've been fond of a Park Seo Joon drama character. He was adorable in Witch's Romance before things got angsty.

About Time - Will probably drop it. I was intrigued by the premise, I like Lee Sung Kyung, but it's not quite hitting the sweet spot and I'm finding it dull...
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:41 pm

forror wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:57 pm
What's Wrong with Secretary Kim - Enjoying it thus far and it's been a while since I've been fond of a Park Seo Joon drama character. He was adorable in Witch's Romance before things got angsty.
He and Uhm Jung Hwa were such an adorable couple :D :heart: That bf from the past part was totally unnecessary.