iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:32 pm

LateArashifan wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:53 am
Also, I do my downloading overnight.

I do my Baidu downloads at night 'cause that's the only time when download speed is at least decent. But I really don't like keeping my laptop open when I'm not actually using it, like sitting in front of it.

keioboylove wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:33 am
Did your sister visit yet? I hope she did!
She's coming tomorrow evening :)
I have so much to do tomorrow: cleaning, changing beddings, laundry... Just thinking about all that makes me exhausted. I'd just like to lie in bed reading.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:32 am

I actually find cleaning rather cathartic, then to snuggle between the sheets after a nice, warm shower. But changing the bedding is the work of the devil.

----------------

I saw the production of The King and I the other day, and it's been playing on my mind since. Kelli O'Hara was... wow - the reviews weren't lying. However, there was something about Watanabe Ken that I found very alluring :) I guess I didn't pay enough attention to his films before.

The Book of Mormon remains my favourite show thus far (unexpectedly), but The King and I is a classic and I'm thinking of seeing this again on closing night before the show leaves London.

--------------------

And to round things off, my flatmate is talking (EXTRA LOUD) on the phone after 4am. As always. (It's like my mum on the phone. I wonder if it's a psychological thing where you raise the volume to compensate for the distance between you and the other party.)
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:00 pm

forror wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:32 am
I actually find cleaning rather cathartic, then to snuggle between the sheets after a nice, warm shower. But changing the bedding is the work of the devil.
I'm the same way. I love the feeling of fresh sheets and blankets, clean pj's, and then snuggling into bed after a nice shower. ^_^ ^_^
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:21 am

I actually don't really mind cleaning when I actually do it. But thinking about it beforehand exhausts me lol I'm a neatfreak so my cleaning is always thorough and that eats up my energy.

I'm sorry I'm not around much for a while. My sister is staying with me so I'm busy spending time with here. She will stay till the early next week.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:33 pm

What's up?
My sister left yesterday (she stayed longer than we first planned). I had fun with her, but after spending two weeks with someone in this small apartment I don't really mind being alone again :D

It was super humid for days and now it's so hot I don't even wanna go out. It's getting close to 30C and that's way too much for me. Apparently it's going to be like this for over a week so... No fun.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Glad you had fun with your sister, Haru. :D

Around here it's the opposite, now it's humid and more cold with tons of rain.

How's everyone? I'm finally on vacation from college.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:51 pm

I'm on a "vacation" too, but I have to go back to work tomorrow and Tuesday. Although I'll be leaving on Wednesday to come back to camp too. There's a Family Camp my family has been going to every year since before I was born, but the last few years we haven't gone because my dad got sick. My brother and his family were going to go originally but their car broke down and so they decided to spend the funds saved for camp on their car. I decided to go anyway, so it's just me in our cabin in this huge camp surrounded by people.
ShoKitten
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by ShoKitten » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:39 pm

I've been away from the forums for too long! Life is getting in the way, messy feelings and other things. I'm glad my profile is still active though; I thought about posting in the Hiatus thread when I realised it'd been a while some time ago but I couldn't find it, and now that I have, I have realised I want to be active here again if I can :heart: I've missed this place :heart:

How is everyone?
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:34 pm

It just keeps on getting hotter and hotter here :/ I mainly stay indoors because my apartment stays surprisingly cool until the evening. I pretty much just play PS4, read and watch anime or k-drama. Every time I step out I feel like melting. I try to go for a short walk at night. I just checked the weather forecast and it looks like it's going to be like this (hot and sunny) for at least the next 10 days.

ShoKitten wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:39 pm
I've been away from the forums for too long! Life is getting in the way, messy feelings and other things. I'm glad my profile is still active though; I thought about posting in the Hiatus thread when I realised it'd been a while some time ago but I couldn't find it, and now that I have, I have realised I want to be active here again if I can :heart: I've missed this place :heart:

Welcome back! ^_^
If a member has posts their account won't be removed just like that even if they haven't been around for a while. So don't worry~
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:12 pm

We had quite a few rain storms on Monday and it cooled the humidity down yesterday. The weather was fantastic! I think it will be the same today. Upper 70s (26 to 27 in Celsius) with NO humidity. That's the kind of summer weather I love. I think it's supposed to be nice for the rest of the week and then rain this weekend. We needed the rain. A lot of people have yellow lawns still.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:36 pm

My favourite kind of summer weather is around 20C and partly cloudy. I feel miserable when we have heat, especially something close to 30C...

The good thing is ice cream tastes extra good when it's hot lol XD And I don't even have to feel bad for eating ice cream every day~
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:10 pm

The heatwave here is getting worse and expected to get up to 34 degrees C next week. I'll be a fried fish.

(My friend in Vietnam said weather got over 40 a couple of weeks ago though...)

Do people repel at the idea of ice-cream all year round? My friends get weirded out when I eat in the winter (and for the occasional breakfast).
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 pm

forror wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Do people repel at the idea of ice-cream all year round? My friends get weirded out when I eat in the winter (and for the occasional breakfast).

I eat ice cream all year round, but for example one of my sisters doesn't care about ice cream in winter. And she has a sweet tooth.

If I had to pick between ice cream and sweets, I'd take the former.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:43 pm

forror wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:10 pm
I thought it was weird for people to eat ice cream all year round, but to each their own I guess. Ice cream can go great with other desserts, like pies.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:24 pm

Haha, glad to know I'm not the only one. The thought had never occurred to me since it's sold in stores all year round. If they had taken it away for half the year like Christmas goods, I would've gotten the message...

Funny thing is I reach out less for ice- cream over the summer season. Iced teas and fruits is where it's at for me.

But, yes, I can never turn down ice-cream and a piping hot, crispy apple pie.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:55 am

ShoKitten: welcome back! Glad to have you here again. :hug: I hope things get better for you ^_^ Messy feelings are not nice.

Well I eat ice cream all year round, I just vary the type I eat. I normally prefer sherbet or a popsicle in summer and ice cream the rest of the year. I think ice cream is one of the most awesome desserts and I can even eat it when I'm cold. XD Some people think it's weird but I don't really care. Around here you can actually have different flavors according to the season. Some wait eagerly for October and the pine seed ice cream, believe it or not. I kind of prefer August to October, because that's when we have tequila ice cream season because you can find it more often around our Independence Day. I love tequila ice cream more than tequila XD
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:46 pm

These days there are so many different ice cream flavours available :heart: When I was a kid stores mainly sold vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. I currently have four different kinds of ice creams in my freezer :D It's still so damn hot here (around 30C + sunny) so I eat a lot of ice cream.
ShoKitten
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by ShoKitten » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:25 pm

Thank you for the lovely welcome back, it's so great to be back :heart: ^_^

I totally eat ice-cream year-round! Though at the moment it's around 30-35C every day so ice-cream is not out of place. I want some whisky-flavoured ice-cream now... but I have none :(
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:21 am

There's whiskey ice cream? Really? I need some in my life *-* I'd only heard about Baileys ice cream and it's really good.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:36 am

I love rum raisin ice cream :heart:
I'm probably the only one in my family who loves it. But that just means I get to eat it all if I happen to buy it when I'm at my parents' ;D

Weather update:
It's still hot here, but at least it has been windy. Nights are getting cooler so that's good.