Totally Random Talk Thread

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:53 pm

Has anyone had coffee flavored ice cream? I guess you gotta like coffee in order to appreciate the taste.

The heat has dwindled here, whereas in other parts of the world, it is scorching hot and wildfires are blazing in every country. Also, the east coast is flooding. Am I in a sweet spot?
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:44 pm

I like rum and raisin / strawberry cheesecake / pistachio, but coffee was my favourite for a while. (Yes, I'm a coffee fan, but not a big drinker as no-one's coffee has matched up to my granddad's thus far.) But then I discovered pandan and sesame mochi ice-cream.

My biggest disappointment was cheese ice-cream - I know it doesn't sound appetizing, but I was hoping for something similar to Japanese cheesecake. One day, I will hunt down that chicken ice-cream they had on an Arashi show just to satiate my curiosity (and before anyone gags, I'm not holding out much hope for it being good either).

It's heating up again after the brief thunderstorm we had over the weekend and should be getting back over 30C tomorrow. There's a bit of a north-south divide in the UK with the north going through some flooding. Fortunately, I'm in the bottom half.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Chicken ice cream? The only thing I can picture is people eating chicken fat. Gross! XP
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:07 am

Coffee ice cream, where do I start? Here we have coffee ice cream and a softer version of supposedly cappuccino ice cream. I don't like coffee, but I somehow like coffee ice cream. XD Guess I'm weird.

I do like cheese ice cream, but I get that it doesn't taste like cheesecake. Actually here people pair it with red wine ice cream and it's delicious. So I think it's actually just cheese and not cheesecake, at least the ones I've tasted.

Can't imagine chicken ice cream. The weirdest flavors I've tried are rose petals and egg yolk. I'm a simple person and I like vanilla a lot, but recently this place with cheap and huge ice creams made a lemon pie one that is so good. I also like Oreo/cookie ice cream. And sherbet I like lemon paired with grape, orange, mandarin and redcurrant.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:50 pm

I like my ice cream very simple or sweet. I really like chocolate ice cream, but I also like the Ben & Jerry flavors when they put chunks of brownie, cookie dough, berries, or peanut butter in their ice cream.

What's fascinating about Ben & Jerry's is that they tried to make grape ice cream, or grape flavored ice cream. That's something I've wanted to try when I was very little because grape jelly is my favorite. However, grape is very hard to make for ice cream just because grapes are mostly made of water. Other fruits and berries are easier because they have less water content. Ben & Jerry did succeed in making grape flavored ice cream but they didn't release it to the public. One of the brothers had a crush on a girl in their hometown, so they let her and her family try it first. They all enjoyed it, and even let her dog have a bite. But dogs and grapes don't mix well. The dog actually died that night from eating the ice cream, so Ben & Jerry banned the flavor from getting out and threw the experiment away.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:05 pm

I was chuckling along to that story until I read your last line... I love cats and dogs, but I'd be paranoid about owning one and having to be responsible for so many aspects of their lives. Like children, I suppose.

Ooh, red wine ice-cream - I think my friend would drop her diet as soon as she hears of this. (Not that the bottles of wine she secretly stashes in her room is doing her much help either.)

pknumba1 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:56 pm
Chicken ice cream? The only thing I can picture is people eating chicken fat. Gross! XP
Thanks for that imagery! Here I was, thinking it'd just be a weird take on chicken with cream sauce.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:16 pm

Finns are huge coffee drinkers so of course we have coffee ice cream. I like coffee, I like coffee ice cream :D It's not my favourite flavour, though.

I may be in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of Ben & Jerry's. Their ice creams taste so different from Finnish ice creams, a bit artificial maybe?

========================

It's been humid and hot here, but we've also had some thunderstorms. Looks like it's going to be hot tomorrow and then it gets cooler.

========================

I cut my hair short on Wednesday, and I also dyed it to rose violet. Because my hair was dark brown the red shade is not super visible, but I like it this way :)
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:39 pm

forror wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:05 pm
I was chuckling along to that story until I read your last line... I love cats and dogs, but I'd be paranoid about owning one and having to be responsible for so many aspects of their lives. Like children, I suppose.
It is a sad story, but I guess a good enough reason to not make the ice cream.

pknumba1 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:56 pm
forror wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:05 pm
Thanks for that imagery! Here I was, thinking it'd just be a weird take on chicken with cream sauce.
That's all I could think about for the chicken ice cream. I can't stop now.

iheartaiba wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:16 pm

I may be in the minority here, but I'm not a fan of Ben & Jerry's. Their ice creams taste so different from Finnish ice creams, a bit artificial maybe?
If it weren't for the chunks of candy, cake, or brownies then I wouldn't be much of a fan either. I think their actual ice cream is too rich and sweet. I just buy it for the other stuff. Their strawberry cheesecake ice cream is really good. I mostly like the graham cracker they add in.
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:44 am

I've never tried Ben & Jerry's, it's so expensive here that it makes it unappetizing. It's like 5 times as expensive as good and even gourmet national ice cream, so no thanks. Plus, I've heard bad comments about it, how it's not as good for the price. Hägen Dazs is also really expensive and when I tried it, I didn't think it should cost that much. I think the most expensive foreign ice cream I buy is Dairy Queen, and it's not that expensive.

Haru, we could switch. It's been raining hard here and it's cold and I got a cramp -_- How short? I've had a pixie for 6 years and I love it. I've only changed the style, but still pixies.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:43 pm

There's another brand of ice cream I tried mostly because they were the only ones to have the coffee flavor. I forgot their name, but they were about the same price as Ben & Jerry's.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:01 pm

Nightshadow wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:44 am
Haru, we could switch. It's been raining hard here and it's cold and I got a cramp -_- How short? I've had a pixie for 6 years and I love it. I've only changed the style, but still pixies.

Let's switch! We had like two cool days and I thought the hell heat was over, but it has gotten hot again. Not as hot as before, but still too much for me.

My hair is kinda like Haru's :D You know, the actress. I actually showed her picture to my hairdresser lol
I've had everything from mohawk to long and curly, but I prefer short hair. My hair is not thick anymore so it looks flat when it's long. And of course it's so much easier to take of short hair than long.

Someone's cat visited my apartment two nights ago :D
I kept my door open at night (I was playing PS4) 'cause my apartment was too hot, and suddenly I noticed that there was someone extra in my apartment lol First it didn't let me touch it, but soon it was all playful and wanted to sit on my lap and all that. It was so hard to get it out. It ended up meowing in front of my door till 2:30AM... :x

I'm gonna be a bit more mia for about a week. I will go visit my family and will be back next Tuesday~
Nightshadow
Aibaka Moderator
Aibaka Moderator

Post by Nightshadow » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:05 am

^We've got hurricane season so in my city we get tons of rain but nothing else too bad, so it's going to be like this for a while.

The first pixie I got was like Jun's haircut on the Breathless PV. It was fun because the single came about a month after I cut my hair XD My last pixie was like the Noomi Rapace in Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, and now I have a full undercut but I still look like that until you look closer. Your style is really nice. I've never had a mohawk, my hair would not cooperate because it's too straight and too fine, so it just falls flat. I can't have longer hair or it starts falling a lot, and pixies are nicer and easier to take care of.

Nice kitty, no one near me has a cat. Have fun with your family ^_^
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:15 am

I've had a friend's cat come into my room at night through the window. Stealth-like. My heart skipped a beat when I saw a pair of eyes staring at me in the dark.

Anyway, went to see The Lieutenant of Inishmore yesterday. Unexpectedly great black comedy and I decided to stage door - I rarely ever do so, but I just wanted to show my appreciation to the WHOLE cast. It was a complete shambles with middle-aged women screeching and shoving just to worship at the feet of Aiden Turner - some even roped in their husbands to help. The sad thing is a number of (mostly younger) fans who decided to hang back - just to show a little respect instead of jumping onto the guy like a pack of wolves - didn't get a chance to talk to or even get near Aiden. Tbh, I just felt embarrassed at the whole situation and sorry for the rest of the cast who have to put up with the rabid Aiden/Poldark fans.

I've never had this problem before, not even for Hamilton. Granted, I've only ever seen shows at the West End and we, British, tend to be more reserved, so the situation may be more hectic at Broadway shows and something I'm not accustomed to. (Although, I have heard that people have gotten crazy over David Tennant.)
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:45 am

The only time I had a cat visit me was when I heard a sound out in the hallway of my building that sounded like a cry. I realized it sounded like a cat and I opened my door to check it out and found a cat meowing in the hall. Poor thing was scared and somehow escaped her home. She saw my door open and ran right in to my apartment. As much as I love cats I wasn't ready to take that one in. So I picked her up and tried knocking on doors to see who she belonged to. I found her owner after a couple of people.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:50 pm

I'm back!
As much as I loved seeing two of my sisters and my nephew, going back to my hometown wasn't exactly a nice experience. I mean, I have so many bad memories from that town so I tend to get anxious when I go there.

Hot days seem to be over, at least for now. It feels nice to be able to stay outdoors without sweating like whoa. Nights are getting cold, but you can still wear summer clothes during the daytimes.

How is everyone doing?
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:29 pm

I have today and tomorrow off, and then I have to work over the weekend. Tonight my church is having a picnic so I'm thinking about going, just because I have nothing else going on tonight. I think it should be a fun time.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:28 pm

^ Did you go? I hope the weather was fine!

I was thinking about ending my file sharing hiatus. I've been downloading and encoding files a lot and I've almost caught up (Gutto! Sports still under work). But my health has gotten bad again so I guess I'd better just continue my hiatus.

Very much off-topic, but today I woke up to Arashi's Machikado no Koibitotachi and that was nice :) I really love that song :heart:
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:27 am

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:28 pm
^ Did you go? I hope the weather was fine!
I did go, and the weather was nice. It was still warm and fairly light outside since the sun has been setting earlier every day here now. It was humid, but it's been like that for the last week. The food was really good! Somebody slaved for 5 hours making ribs! Ribs at a picnic! They were sooo yummy. I even got to bring some home with me since there were leftovers, so I ate ribs for lunch today. 5 stars for the picnic, and the ribs!