Totally Random Talk Thread

Everything about you here.

Moderator: iheartaiba

iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Re: Totally Random Talk Thread

Post by iheartaiba » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:59 am

It's quite interesting how some people get sick around the same time every year, especially if it's out of the usual cold season. My throat is finally starting to get better. It still hurts a bit, but I think this will be over soon. My dad fixed my spinning bike so I'm looking forward to using it again once I've fully recovered.

My mood has been slightly better the past few days. It really feels nice when you can say that today didn't suck. This summer was really hard for me, so these good days are even more important. I've been reading quite a lot again. Just found Elly Griffiths' Ruth Galloway books. I already finished one and really enjoyed it :)
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:15 am

I always find reading to be a nice mood booster. It's helped me whenever I had a bad day. It's a good way to take your mind off of things and help you imagine other scenarios.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:53 pm

^ That's true. I couldn't read books for years because I just couldn't concentrate on reading. So it feels great to be able to read again. I still don't read as much as I used to, but at least I'm able to finish books. When I read I forget everything around me and it's quite relaxing.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:49 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:53 pm
^ That's true. I couldn't read books for years because I just couldn't concentrate on reading. So it feels great to be able to read again. I still don't read as much as I used to, but at least I'm able to finish books. When I read I forget everything around me and it's quite relaxing.
What do you usually read? If you're up for it, I can provide some suggestions for you. :)
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:28 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:49 pm
iheartaiba wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:53 pm
What do you usually read? If you're up for it, I can provide some suggestions for you. :)

Mainly whodunit, sometimes biographies or historical books. When it comes to detective stories, I prefer stories that are set in UK, but of course I can read other stories too. I like authors such as Ann Cleeves, Belinda Bauer and Elly Griffiths. As for biographies, I can read pretty much anything :D Doesn't have to be about someone I'm interested in or follow or something.

Suggestions are welcome :)
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:05 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:28 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:49 pm

Mainly whodunit, sometimes biographies or historical books. When it comes to detective stories, I prefer stories that are set in UK, but of course I can read other stories too. I like authors such as Ann Cleeves, Belinda Bauer and Elly Griffiths. As for biographies, I can read pretty much anything :D Doesn't have to be about someone I'm interested in or follow or something.

Suggestions are welcome :)
I read a lot of fiction compared to you, I guess. I like me some good stories. :) Have you read any Sherlock Holmes? That's about as close as I get to reading something you might be interested in. I have the large Barnes and Noble classic edition of the complete works of Sherlock Holmes. I don't read biographies, unless it's about someone I'm interested in. There is one I want to read called This Star Won't Go Out by John Green, which is a biography about a girl who had cancer and inspired the novel The Fault in Our Stars.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:56 pm

I don't mind trying non-detective stories :D It actually might be good to read something different. I have read some Sherlock books years ago. but to be honest they weren't really for my liking... :x
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 pm

Robert Galbrath (aka J.K. Rowling) has a detective series that you might be interested in. It's called the Striker series.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:44 pm

pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 pm
Robert Galbrath (aka J.K. Rowling) has a detective series that you might be interested in. It's called the Striker series.
Thanks! I will check if there are any books available :)

From books to baking, but I was wondering if any of you guys bake? I don't like baking, maybe because I had to do it a lot when I was a kid, but today I was thinking I really should 'cause it's cheaper than buying bread and buns and whatnot all the time. But I don't like it... :x Maybe I should ask my dad to bake with me next time I visit my parents. He bakes regularly and is very good at it.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:46 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:44 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 pm
Thanks! I will check if there are any books available :)

From books to baking, but I was wondering if any of you guys bake? I don't like baking, maybe because I had to do it a lot when I was a kid, but today I was thinking I really should 'cause it's cheaper than buying bread and buns and whatnot all the time. But I don't like it... :x Maybe I should ask my dad to bake with me next time I visit my parents. He bakes regularly and is very good at it.
I like baking quite a bit. I think I enjoy it more than cooking actually. Maybe because I think the outcome is so much better. XD I mostly like baking cookies, cakes and brownies. I also bake a lot of banana bread because I buy bananas a lot since they're a great source of potassium, but I can never eat them quickly enough.
keioboylove
Lucky Man
Lucky Man

Post by keioboylove » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:27 pm

Hey everyone!! How have you all been?
I've been working a lot so I haven't been around here much :crying: :crying: :crying:
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:24 pm

Reading and working, that's pretty much my life at the moment. There's an audition for a play later this month, so I'm hoping I can make it there!

It's still August, but in my mind it's September because I've already flipped my calendar over and I paid my rent today for the month.
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:45 pm

keioboylove wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:27 pm
Hey everyone!! How have you all been?
I've been working a lot so I haven't been around here much :crying: :crying: :crying:
I hope you get enough rest!

My life is pretty much just PS4, Pokemon Go, library visits, reading and therapy.

pknumba1 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:24 pm
Reading and working, that's pretty much my life at the moment. There's an audition for a play later this month, so I'm hoping I can make it there!
What kind of play is it, if you can tell us?

As for baking, how do you make banana bread?
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:05 pm

iheartaiba wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:45 pm
pknumba1 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:24 pm
What kind of play is it, if you can tell us?

As for baking, how do you make banana bread?
The play is called "These Shining Lives" and it's based on a true story of four women who worked in a watch factory during the 20s and faced the dangers of working for companies who lacked concern for the health of their employees. Their job was to paint the little hour markings on the watch faces with radium which glowed in the dark, and to clean their brushes they would lick them and keep working. The company said there was no evidence of the radium being harmful, but after a few years the workers' hands start to glow in the dark from the radium. Soon they get really sick. They finally find a doctor who would work with them and he diagnoses them as having radium poisoning. They file a lawsuit against their company and win but not before one of the ladies dies. No spoilers here, I don't think one would live long after being poisoned. The auditions are in a couple weeks, so I'm going to do some research on the play and the characters so I can prepare.

As for how to make banana bread, I used my mom's recipe so her directions are a little different than ones I've found online. I never feel guilty when my bananas go bad too quickly because I can always use them. My mom's recipe called for 4 bananas for a full loaf, but two is just fine. There's one recipe here:

Code: Select all

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20144/banana-banana-bread/
Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by Mura_Kaze » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:13 am

Hello everyone. It's been a while I'm not active in fandom XD

How are you all? Last 4 months is really hectic for me. The wedding, moved to my husband place, and been sick because pregnancy XD And this month I'll be moving to Philippines because my husband work ;D
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:36 pm

@pknumba1
Thanks for the link! I will try the recipe next week :)
As for the play, the story sounds sad yet very interesting. Good luck for the audition!

@Mura_Kaze
You've been busy! Congrats on your wedding :) And I hope the remaining time of your pregnancy makes you less sick.

There's nothing new going on in my life really. Well, I think my therapy sessions are going better now. I have worked with my therapist since May, but it always takes time before you start to trust each other. My life's pretty much just games and books. But I don't mind it. That's a plenty of activity for now.
Mura_Kaze
IROあせないで
IROあせないで

Post by Mura_Kaze » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:18 am

@Haru
Thank you :)

And here I am, laying on bed because fever. A bit coughing that trigger the morning sickness :tired: I must be strong until next appointment on Thursday lol
iheartaiba
Aibakaland Founder
Aibakaland Founder

Post by iheartaiba » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:20 pm

^ I hope you are feeling better now! It looks like cold/flu season is on. I see sniffling and coughing people everywhere.
pknumba1
サクラ咲ケ
サクラ咲ケ

Post by pknumba1 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Cold and flu season is upon us in the US, too. It hasn't gotten cold yet, but I know people are preparing and getting their free flu shots. I probably won't get sick for a while yet. Not that I'm counting on it. I just know how my body works.
forror
SUNRISE日本
SUNRISE日本

Post by forror » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 pm

My body was acting up in early January when my menstruation started within a week of the last one ending. That was a first. One day after that had ended, I was overcame with the flu. I struggled to sleep and later heard my flatmate talking (shouting?) on the phone at 4/5am - I would have crawled down the hallway and given her an earful had my body not been aching. Hopefully, it will be at least another couple of years before I catch the flu again.

-----------------

I was just browsing through the forum and saw the news of 5x20. (Yay!) But I'm having a silly reaction of almost being repelled by that title; the characters don't look as (aesthetically) pleasing as 5x10. It's all 2's fault. I feel like a crazy twerp right now.